1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay let me ask you this.

When jari was so quick to vote for pien when Reg was pushing that lynch did that affect your read on her at all?

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Town.

/10char

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Then why wouldn't he "believe" his read on Kai?

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

At that time I was still certain Jari was scum, so it could have looked like a vote he was making just to make Pien look good, as his lynch was more or less inevitable.

But given Jari is town I don't think it affects my read on her now at all.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yee this is fair.

Thx

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't think he believes it. He may very well believe it.

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Why would a villager not actually believe one of their reads?

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yes but I see little reason to do some of the yuckier things he did as scum (eg that flipflop on Jari).

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Would like to point out this is the sum of fonti's contributions today so far.

So that's neat.

10. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    This is a quick post at work (will have more later) to say I think Stanari is actually pretty on-point with her assessment of Kai's play. Jari/me D3 was T/T, and he didn't really need to do anything to secure a lynch on either of us, so why would he flip-flop so flagrantly? Why not at least try to take some form of a stance? I don't really want to just write it off as "lel he wasn't thinking about it".

I think if I'm right about Reg being scum, there's a very good chance of Cobalt being the one who's coordinated with him.

The singular thought I have had about Miner/Reg so far was that I don't *really* know if Reg would have faith in Miner to be the endgame player. But that's pretty much nothing, I've yet to check their interactions properly.

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ??????????

I'll have some of what you guys are having. If you're looking at a Pie!Scum world his vote makes plenty of sense as distancing there and if you're looking at a Pie!Town world when he's seen an opportunity where he chain three mslynches together (Pie->Me->Jarizok) and has a lot of motivation to make that vote as mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Feel like no one has actually taken the time to sit down and read through Post #2042.

Kai's reaction to the whole thing just being "Yeah it's Reg & Fonti" and his excuse for his Fonti read and turn around stating that she'd bamboozled & pocketed him is extremely weak and just him finding any reason to explain the awkward read progression there.

---------- Post automerged at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I...don't hate Miners recent interaction with DC. Still want to see the reads-wall he's been talking about for a while now, even if it's not completely finished or up to date.

I need Cobalt to actually start stating & elaborating on reads on more players in the game.

12. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay so let's see, we have 11 alive and either 2 or 3 scum.

I think that means if we lynch through {Miner, blab, Kai, Regfan} we're probably good. If all the scum are in there we win, if all the scum bar 1 are in there it'll put us at LYLO with three of {dC, Cobalt, Fable, fontisian, Vaimes, Stanari, pienyan} which I THINK should be winnable at that point, and if we hit LYLO early then we'll have to re-evaluate but it's probably Reg/Stanari or maybe Reg/font.

I'm...not sure what to think about the Kai thing. I think we should maybe lynch him first for indications on Miner (the sheer volume of "Kai is scum" arguments is beginning to change my mind, and it's not like my read was strong to begin with) but then I can believe Miner would bus Kai at this point for exactly that reason so...

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

OTOH Stanari/pie are also making the point I was so ugh I don't know. I do know if I put Kai at the end of the lynch list then he'll probably end up getting mislynched for a loss >_>

(On a related note, I'm actually inclined to townread Stanari/Pie for not just pouncing on "Kai is scum". ESPECIALLY if Kai is actually town, but even if Kai IS scum they've kinda tied themselves to Kai AND to each other so on a scum!Kai flip we just lynch Stanari and then lynch pie if Stanari also flips scum)

13. blab

blab Second Year

Not doing any iso's right now, havem't slept and need to leave the house in 5 hours.

Sort of can see Stanari townreading Kai for toDay, read reassess, gamesolve.
    Don't like Cobalt justifying his vote with "sticking with regfan", enschewing responsibility, remember that he did that before, don't remember if that was a on a jarizok or zen though.
    Don't see what regfan likes about miner's argument with dC.
    Feel like Regfan is probably not scum with Kai. His case makes me somehow both more reluctant and more sure on voteing for Kai.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    DC, your lynch list is probably missing Pie but that's one we can discuss later, I really don't have the time/energy to even go through her posts and probably won't in the foreseeable future since I'm not dying anytime soon; also need to sort where I am there myself. I don't think Stanari is mafia regardless of Kai's alignment here and would make the argument there's a few things that point to them not being W/W anyway.

Can you talk with me a little about your Miner read (ie. You voting him over Kai at the moment) since I think there's a lot that points towards Kai being mafia here and I'm a little more uncertain on Miner.

---------- Post automerged at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Can you talk a bit more about what you mean here?

---------- Post automerged at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

I agreed with him in that it felt more like DC convincing himself of his Kai town read more than strongly believing it with it not being a scum-tell but moreso him playing around with a slightly warped view of the game. Probably not explaining this properly but shrug?

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hi regfan, what is my scumteam then?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I have said the same before because I trust Regfan, but I'm not trying to absolve responsibility for shit. I've been scumreading Kai since day one and he's done fuckall this entire game so I'm more than comfortable stringing him up to hang.

17. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Regfan --- Sure. So for starters, there's the "smoking gun" at #1518. For reference, this is post #1518:

It comes at a time when Jari and Zenzao are neck and neck, and contains literally no acknowledgement of Zen at all. Thus it reads very strongly as ignoring a scumbuddy and pushing an alterntive wagon.

There's a general feeling that he has not helped to lynch or even find scum so far. Lack of memorability in that regard is a soft criterion, but an important one nonetheless. Then we have the following from today:

This reads like keeping mislynches open. Contrast your own behaviour, where either your townbloc contains scum we've missed (which ties you to them) or it doesn't (which causes you to lose when we lynch through everyone NOT in it and then lynch you)

This reads like avoiding putting down a vote on spurious grounds. He doesn't want to put down a vote until he has more info, despite that he can change his vote when he gets the additional info? This reads like not particularly caring if he's contributing right now or not. This is somewhat mitigated by him voting you after you show up, but at the same time he's now bound in-thread to do that so...

As for voting him over Kai, Kai reminds me of a specific ornery town playstyle and is traditional mislynch bait. I think some of this read is a holdover from when I was convinced YOU were scum (since that made Kai look a lot better), but I feel like Miner has been just as generally shifty if not more and in more specific ways.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Not to Garcia Kai's question at Regfan but for myself I'm feeling Kai / Pien tbh. If there's a third I'm not sure atm.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Not started team or world building completely yet at all; still have to go through Adult/Blab/Cobalt/Fonti/Pie's ISO's. From memory I don't think you're with Cobalt and pretty unlikely to be with Fontisian but the rest all fit?

---------- Post automerged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Thanks for the explanation DC, will read it in my next break.