1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Swap Fonti with Pie and this is where I'm at right now and I'm not a huge fan of Fonti's content today but there's a lot from prior days that point towards her being town. My blind spots right now I think are Blab/Cobalt though I have good enough ~feelings~ about both that I wouldn't really consider lynching there today. Think overall we're looking at the game fairly similarly though.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Didn't have time at that point. I was going to this end of year celebration for my SciOly team and was going to be back in thread at like 12 AM to read what happened with Zen, but hammer came before I got back home.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Yeah I don't really understand where the disconnect is here.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I don't understand what changes to playstyle town would make with their role.

---------- Post automerged at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Cuz like /obviously/ I didn't do that in WH8.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    You mean her single post going "WTF" is that what you're referring to? I feel like we have separate definitions of content.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay, so out-of-game reasoning.

I still don't entirely buy that town!Miner wouldn't have thrown in something like "limited time in thread, can someone summarize what happened with Zen?" or at the very least "idk what's up with Zen but we should lynch Jarizok first", plus this seems weird when combined with you not wanting to vote Reg earlier today until you had all the information (why were you willing to cast a Jarizok vote with incomplete information in the previous case, but not willing to cast a Reg vote with incomplete information in this one?) but I don't think there's anything else useful to be had RE: us talking about this at this point.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I mean her not being here even remotely and not answering the question I've now asked to her twice. But yes, swap content for activity if you like.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Here's a better question why does one of them HAVE to be a wolf? Like outside of them being so persistent in fighting each other do you have any reason to suspect either of them?

9. KaiDASH

In a DLP WH fonti was town apprentice and wanted to lynch her master d1. This is good play for town since by doing this you can ensure that the role belongs to town.

I picked up on her doing this and changed my read from scum to town on her.

Then we were both dead by the end of n1 so that was fun too.

---------- Post automerged at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

So that's what I mean by your role can influence your play, and that type of read / play is only possible if there are no unknowns within the setup.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

1) I pretty much stopped doing the whole "Will catch up later posts" because someone rightly pointed out in postgame of... I want to say SVM that it's actually useless to say something like "Catching up at X time" because it's not offering real content. Catch up when you can, and if you're not around, just... don't be around?

2) Jesus Christ. It's not that I don't want to vote Reg. I just prefer to not vote until I'm at least somewhat sure of where I'm going. It's a playstyle quirk, and if you're going to scumread me off that then there's no point for me to continue arguing this. I voted Jari because a) I had already pointed out why I scumread him + EOD was going to be soon and voting was kind of important. Unlike today where you bugged me to vote when it was literally like an hour into the day.

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

For two players that supposedly know each other as well as I'm led to believe, I find it hard to believe that one of them isn't scum given that they are both hard scumreading each other.

---------- Post automerged at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

OK, but what if she's scum apprentice wanting to lynch her master to get the role for scum?

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yo. I have a migraine. I will catch up when it gets better. This will likely be within 12 hours.

Miner, please answer this question.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm pretty sure I already did, but in case it isn't clear, I'm not one hundred percent sold on dC being town, and that is in large part because I don't think he believes in his Kai read.

But on the other hand, Fable said gun to your head is dC town, don't wait until later days, and at this point my gut is still telling me that he's town.

13. fontisian

That doesn't make sense. When you were talking to dC, you were getting into this rhythm or wording that indicated you strongly thought he was scum lying about his read but now you're calling him town anyway while maintaining that view.

---------- Post automerged at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

The people who are going for Reg should explain how this comes from mafia. The little things, like the Pozzai/Plotless joke, or how he thinks he'd win pretty easily as scum, or about putting a post restriction on himself he couldn't abide, all just don't ... work for scum. Like, I can see the argument that "Reg is ignoring pie's emotional stuff because he locked himself into scumreading her and had to" but I don't think he had to lock the read in there as scum. And if he is scum and pie town, he would have known she would have reacted in a way that made most people think she was town (I'm don't really think so?) so why bother.

---------- Post automerged at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

And I don't understand why Kai is siting that game with Jan as an example of me tricking him, because all I did there was hard bus towards the very end of Day 1, then intentional cause enough confusion to create a no-lynch. This made us looks unaligned but didn't kill my partner, who could then defend himself the next Day. I don't see how that's like anything I've done here, or why Kai would be reminded of it in the slightest.

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

And I keep thinking back to an interaction Day 2, where I laid out some logic for Jari and Miner being town, and Kai called the Jari logic bad and explained why he liked the Miner logic, but I didn't actually feel like my points had affected his reads at all.

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Cobalt, why is it "natural for Reg to be all Vulcan logic?"

14. KaiDASH

Scum almost never make this kind of in-thread play based on their role.

but but but what if, is irrelevant because I wanted to give some context on my play.

What I said initially was more or less the same as what I said in the harry potter game which you referenced in signups.

15. fontisian

I don't really get why Zen had Reg as such a high townread after this. I think? it's an unaligned thing, because if he was scum with Reg, he would be more careful to have a reason for a hard townread after he got that pissy with him?

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Kai, I don't understand what you're doing. I would like to understand it.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

fontisian

Which post suggests that I strongly think dC is scum?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So no is what you're telling me? You don't have a reason to wolf read either of them outside of their fighting?

18. fontisian

Here, Miner.

19. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I don't agree with the last sentence of this. The last fast (it was 96 hour days) game I played, I was put under heavy pressure, I froze, and I was never able to get back into the game and eventually got lynched D4. Reg was closely spectating the game, so I think he knows that I freeze very easily in fast games, and that I hardly have any ability to fight my lynch in them when I'm under consensus pressure. So, given how I froze D1, I do not think he was expecting me to be able to get invested enough to be able to get people to see I was town here.

And I'm going to repeat I don't think he "had to" lock in a scum read on me - for the same reason. I simply think he thought I was lynchable, and went for it until it was too late to back off.

I'll be fully around in like an hour or two.

20. fontisian

Fable, I understand that townies fight all the time, and both Reg and Pie had moments of towniness, but the times where town is most likely to fuck up and assume t/t when it's t/s is when it's town people who know each other much better than the rest of the town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

You don't think that scum!reg would have thought that he should back off when you got emotional and proved you wouldn't be an easy mislynch though?