1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I dunno ?

Like from my pov if dc stanari vaimes fable are all town then that doesn't actually leave much?

Picking one from pienyan / regfan I'd go with regfan, I don't really think blab is scum and I actually thought if you were town here you wouldn't immediately lynch me after rejoining the thread so you're probably town???

So that's leaves exactly miner regfan cobalt which seems probably not right?

>game is hard

2. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I think it's very plausible that he would attempt to keep me as a designated mislynch, yes.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Pie, I'm trying to find the post Reg reacted to by talking about how sick it was that you were being that emotionally manipulative as scum, but my head is killing me. Can you help me find it?

4. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
  5. fontisian

Yeah, fair enough.

I think Von, dC and Fable all have to be town as a starting point. So, maybe we should think about Stanari, except she felt really town d2. Why did you say that Reg and I were aligned (at least, that what I think you were saying). And why not miner?

I looked at Zen's early posts when Cobalt was his strongest scumread and I think that makes Cobalt town?

Also, I kind of am calling you scum, but it's for the same lack of options.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I'm scumreading you on this particular point for inconsistency: I find it hard to believe you were sure of where you were going on Jarizok/Zenzao day when there was a competing wagon you knew nothing about. What if that wagon changed your opinion of Jari? What if some mechanical thing was going on? It doesn't fit that you were comfortable with that on that day and NOT with the same sort of thing today. It has nothing to do with WHO was being voted and everything to do with you taking action A in a situation and justifying it, after having taken action B in a similar situation where the justification you gave should also have applied.

The other thing is meh, but in this case the specific value was "getting a summary of the Zenzao situation", not "letting people know you're away"

7. fontisian

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    EBWOP:

Try looking into blab. I think blab is getting not nearly enough attention and fits with most if not all possible partners.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

OK fair, I can see why that could be considered me essentially throwing a bunch of shade at him, but what I was trying to say was "bro please reevaluate the game"

Do I need another one? I haven't looked much further than that because it's such a huge smokescreen.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    DOUBLE EBWOP: Oh also EOD approaching so voting is important should make you MORE cautious, not less. Especially with two tied wagons, I would think this would make a cautious town player hold off to see what is going on if that's what they're in the habit of doing.

"Voting near EOD is important" is more of a sentiment you see from scum who don't want to be abstaining at dayend.

---------- Post automerged at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

(by which I mean, "Voting near EOD is important" leading to a comparatively reckless vote is a scum sentiment)

11. fontisian

I think, if I were scum and I was pushing on someone who did this, I would back off, because creating that kind of atmosphere isn't worth it and also it's probably just going to get worse. But, Reg could have fucked up.

Pie, could you write a concise case against Reg about everything except how he's interacting with you?

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Sometimes I forget blab exists. That is probably bad. I will look through his posts tomorrow.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jari was independently scummy to the point that I don't think even a hardclear mechanic would clear him because I'd still be paranoid that it was a scum gambit (esp. in a closed setup) a la Reg in the last WH. Whereas in this case I have very big ????? about Reg. Apples to oranges.

As for the other thing, I wouldn't have had the time to stick around and read any summary anyways, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't even have time to get to Fable's question which was the very next post.

---------- Post automerged at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

First off I'd already been voting Jari before that vote, that vote was specifically because Vira didn't count me in the previous votal. If you want to go back through voting histories, I'd voted Jari way before that specific post.

Secondly, you think that it looks better for scum!me to be the only one on town!Jarizok's wagon rather than abstaining?

13. fontisian

Miner, I think what I want to know is why, when you saw Zen and Jari were the two wagons, did you decide "I, miner, must help ensure the Jari wagon is succesful here?"

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This doesn't mean much to me. I've gotten into fights with people I know well many times and sometimes I'm right and they're wolves but sometimes I've been wrong and our fighting nearly loses us the game. I'm willing to hear out arguments to why either could be a wolf even though I don't think either is but "one of them has to be a wolf cuz they know each other" is not something I'm going to entertain.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

See above post. I was confirming that my vote existed on Jari, for it had existed for a long time before Zen ever was suspected.

---------- Post automerged at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Oh wait fuck did the shot reset all the votes a la Witchhunt Assassin shot?

16. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Re-writing my case on Reg in a more concise manner is definitely on my to-do list. I'll have it in a little bit.

Also I wanna expand a bit about the point I made a few posts ago (it is about his interactions with me so it may not be what you're looking for, but I wanna put it out there regardless). Scum-Reg doesn't really gain anything from backing off of me; he loses his push on me and has to deal with addressing all of my reasons for pushing him while at the same time having to acknowledge they're legit points, and deal with all the fallout from everyone thinking "the person who can read Reg the best is making credible points about him being scum". Scum-him doesn't really lose anything by continuing to push me; he's already laid the groundwork for it, it gives him an avenue to generate content in the hope people might write it off as a "town/town fight" and he may even get me lynched in the distant future if he can spread enough paranoia about it while looking town enough.

17. fontisian

It's a matter of odds rather than "must," my dude.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Lots of people were on town!Jarizok's wagon, and I think yeah it would have looked better especially given you hopped on it late and Jari was being run up for like ever (so it's easy to go "eh everyone was doing it"). Or at the very least this is a valid surface level interpretation that might lead scum!Miner to place a vote there.

Okay, the strength of that Jari scumread is important information and makes the whole mess make a bit more sense. I'm still not super keen on you for a large number of other reasons (and also the possibility that retroactive justification is happening), but I think it's time to go back to Lynch: blab b/c that keeps seeming to stall weirdly and blab is a weird non-entity (and as Plotless and Jari have shown, those usually get used as mislynches if they're town)

Actually while we're here, what are YOUR thoughts on blab?

19. fontisian

Uh, yeah, I think so.

Is this a townslip? Serious question.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.4.

Reg [3]: Pienyan, Kai, Miner.
    Kai [3]: Blab, Reg, Fable.
    Miner [2]: DC, Stanari.
    Blab [1]: Vaimes.

Not Voting [2]: Cobalt, Font.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.