1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

yes.

/10char

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ...uh, shit, maybe. It's not impossible for scum to not realize that votes were reset when Waco was shot, but it's a lot harder because Waco would be in their scumchat. That's...definitely a thing.

Oh, in case this didn't count b/c not on newline or something:

Lynch: blab

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Is there no chance you would have backed down if he backed down? I don't know, I think pushing a town when they're emotional volatile but not having a full breakdown tends to just make them look more town and me look bad, but I don't know if Reg abides by that philosophy.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.4 With Less Ninja Votes.

Reg [3]: Pienyan, Kai, Miner.
    Kai [3]: Blab, Reg, Fable.
    Blab [2]: Vaimes, DC.
    Miner [1]: Stanari.

Not Voting [2]: Cobalt, Font.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

townlean because biased reasons.

Actual unbiased reasons are giving me an actual ??? because he's literally disappeared.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote Blab

I'm helping.

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Fuck, I can't do this right now. I'm going to go take some pain meds and curl up someplace dark.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm. Some important shit:
    - Wagons on Reg and Kai have kind of quietly not eventuated/persisted, too. The lack of flow off to blab makes me think either blab is scum or (if Reg/Kai are scum their buddies are not trapped on the wagon with them). Notable is that Reg hasn't moved from Kai to blab; this indicates Reg probably isn't just bussing out of necessity, although given Regscum is clearly going for the towncred play I wouldn't dismiss a bus.

MORE notable is Kai/Miner not moving off Reg. If Kai/Reg is a thing it's a crossbus, fine, but Miner probably isn't scum with Reg.

Now assuming Miner actually DID townslip, that leaves us with...what, Kai/blab/MAYBE Reg? Throw in Stanari/font as wildcards? (Still think pie is town)

This is part of what the scumread on Miner was about, btw. Kind of PoE-y.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Fontisian, you really should be voting Kai right now.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

I mean, I'm not opposed to pressuring blab (?) but I kinda get the feeling that he's just not in thread at the moment.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean I'm not really pressuring Blab, I think he's scum by PoE at this point. There's enough anti-aligns that it's hard to come up with a 5scum team that doesn't include him.

...ugh, and blab is the first vote on Kai today which probably means he's town if Kai is scum (he's not really trying to get bus credit)

I guess we should just lynch Kai, then blab if Kai is town? I'm pretty sure ONE of them is scum >_>

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Actually I was thinking about you and Cobalt there.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I think you're getting hung up in the problem I did last game DC where you're overly focusing on alignment-pairings and trying to find the exact team. We've got alignment flips in this game so we can just afford to lynch our strongest scum read flat out and assess upon their flip.

---------- Post automerged at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

And seriously Kai's whole "I'm using this which leaves me down to Reg/Cobalt/Miner" which doesn't look right without assessing the other world he'd be looking at where Pie's scum is pretty clearly him voting / framing his reads based on the current thread consensus.

---------- Post automerged at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------
    Fable - Prefer I spend my time rereading some people or making a post where I can completely clear myself? Saying this knowing after I finish work today I might not get back to a computer by EOD.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I will legitimately be very surprised if Cobalt is scum. Hardbus on Zen aside, the fact that scumreads of Cobalt keep floating around without even MENTIONING the thing with Zen is highly suspicious.

Possibly, but at the same time we can accelerate this by ignoring the possibility that makes the game easy and theorizing on the case that makes the game hard. (In particular, scum!Kai is boring and probably easy)

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Wouldn't' call anything "easy" right now when I'm seeing people town reading some of my scum reads and scum reading some of my town reads. I'd rather just make sure we actually lynch mafia today because I don't think I can handle another mslynch here. And between Miner/Blab/Kai I'm significantly more confident that Kai's mafia than the other two.

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Like if we're dealing with 3 scum left which is probably it's 8;3, a mslynch takes us to 6;3 where we only have one mslynch left before LYLO. I'm not really wanting to use this one to test a "PoE" read when I actually have a scum read (more than one...).

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Feel better, fonti.

I don't think scum!Reg backs off for tactical reasons, I think he backs off out of the goodness of his heart. Or something.

---------- Post automerged at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Can someone discuss the odds of 4/5 scum? Normally I'd expect 4 but I am legitimately terrible at setup spec in low power games.

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok well I got what I wanted out of fonti.

I'm Glynda Goodwitch, town doctor. I had one shot and I targeted Acio n1.

Not really game related but if I get lynched for being being a doctor that isn't Oobleck I'm going to be upset at you Newcomb.

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Shh! We have to make scum think they can save their buddy by moving onto a counterwagon!

Oh, whatever. I should probably just vote for Kai at this point because I suspect enough people are intractably on him to force it, and you and fable at least are probably town. I'll wait for a bit to see what happens though.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Not really sure I buy the existence of a Doctor + Bodyguard in the same setup even if it's 1-shot.

Think mass-claiming might be a decent idea here actually?

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    EBWOP:

...see what happens. Righto. Anyone want to CC Doc? Anyone want to argue we don't have one and scum!Kai would know we don't have one? Anyone want to argue Kai would claim it with risk of CC at this juncture?

---------- Post automerged at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

DOUBLE EBWOP: Massclaim could work, although I suspect it'll be mostly vanilla claims.

(Also bodyguard is a weak ass protective role since it doesn't actually prevent town's numbers from dropping, so bodyguard + one-shot doc actually seems about right. OTOH one-shot doc is less likely to be CC'd than regular doc maybe?)

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I also think the odds of Kai using a 1-shot action N1 are very low as town.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Like very low.