1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hmmmmm.

I can just barely buy it because Kai knows Acio's "die D1" meta and if he's self-aware perennial mislynch bait he might assume he'll be lynched and needs to use up his action to get any value.

Wait, does Jan have a "die D1" meta as well? Does anyone know?

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I targeted Acio n1 because he was representing a PR and there are many players in this game who would realistically n1 kill him regardless were they to be scum (jan, fonti, dc and vaimes at the least).

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    (EBWOP: b/c if Jan also has a "die D1" meta then yeah fuck this claim :v)

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    This game makes it 3 out of 4 in a row he's died N1.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Uh, what is "representing a PR"? Like, you got PR tells from him?

6. KaiDASH

Yes. /tenchars

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay yeah. Hrm.

I dunno. This seems like a weird time for Kai to claim as either alignment, but MORE so as scum who would want to claim late to throw town into disarray. Claiming now seems pretty considerate, and makes sense for scum only if the claim working means people moving off him to consolidate on town wagons.

Blech.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't think Kai thinks of using a 1-shot usage that has a lot more value as the game progresses while knowing he's an unlikely night kill target himself and doesn't get lynched very often. This just feels like a fake claim but I think mass-claim lets us know for sure or not.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Oh yeah also Acio got shot N2 which is interesting WRT Kai apparently picking up PR tells from him N1. Could be a setup whereby the PR telling player is left alive for a night to provide an excuse for where protection went, then killed N2.

OTOH...one-shot doctor is a weird scumclaim. Why would scum not just claim regular doctor to provide an actual reason not to kill them? He's essentially claiming Named Townie, which is not a "save my ass" claim.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

He doesn't get lynched very often? This is news to me :V

Anyway yeah I can support a massclaim. At this point with so many town PRs dead or outed (esp. if Kai is actually a town PR) there's little reason not to.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Because claiming regular doc means that he has to explain why he's not made a save when most of the night kills have been fairly obvious and means he has to explain not making a save as the game progresses. "One shot with shot no longer gone" means he doesn't have any of that responsibility at all.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    oh yeah also scum still have that rolecop so massclaiming probably doesn't give them info they wouldn't have gotten anyway

Okay but then why one-shot doc? Why not, like, one-shot cop or something that's less weird with Bodyguard and less weird with being used N1?

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Shrug? Cop is pretty unlikely to ever occur in a Eido/Newcomb game particularly alongside Jans role. I'm happy to start the mass-claim, I'm a VT.

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Yeah, he mentioned in WH8 that he rarely gets lynched, claimed he's hit a sweet spot.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    EBWOP: I guess I can see one-shot doc as a plausible claim that's less likely to be CC'd because a protective has already flipped...OTOH I'm like 98% sure most investigatives would have claimed by now given they'd have three results and even one or two good ones would be SUPER valuable in the current gamestate

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Oh, I forgot Jan was a scientist as well as a neighborizer. Hmm.

I am also a VT.

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Well, let's try this.
    KaiDASH --- Why didn't you save your doc activation for later in the game where it's more likely to score a hit?

...wait. Regfan --- If the logic is as you say regarding one-shot docs...why didn't he just claim not to have used it yet? It kinda sounds like the optimal townplay for him would have been to still have the ability now...

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Claimed;
    Vaimes - 1 Shot Daykill
    Regfan - VT
    dichotomousCreator - VT
    KaiDASH - 1 Shot Doc

Unclaimed;
    Adult (Miner)
    blab
    Cobalt
    Fable
    fontisian
    pienyan
    Stanari

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Don't know? I'd have certainly found it significantly more believable.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Dislike how dead the thread became after he claimed.

15. KaiDASH

I've been really excellent at making saves in WH, so I went ahead and used it on someone who I thought wasn't scum, possibly a PR and also likely to get killed n1.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, so claim compilation:
    Adult (Miner): ???
    blab: ???
    Cobalt: ???
    dC: Vanilla Town (claimed)
    Fable: One-shot Gladiator (claimed, shot unused). At least I assume it's one-shot
    fontisian: ???
    KaiDASH: One-shot doctor (claimed, shot used)
    pienyan: ???
    Regfan: Vanilla Town (claimed)
    Stanari: ???
    Vaimees: One-shot Dayvig (demonstrated)

And for reference, ded people:
    Plotless: Vanilla Town
    Jan: One-shot Neighborizing Scientist
    Acionyx: Doublevote granter
    Jarizok: Vanilla Town
    Quiddity: Bodyguard

Waco: Mafia Rolecop
    Zenzao: Mafia backup roleblocker

...wait. With those flips, Kai could ALSO have claimed roleblocked. Ugh. This just seems like really sloppy claim play if Kai is scum.

On the other hand that's six PRs NOT counting Kai, so Kai bringing it up to 7 is ???

On the OTHER other hand, Kai having a relatively minor impact PR fits the tone of the game, which is full of one-shots and low-impact town effects (a known way to make things interesting without making town OP, which is made even more likely by the existence of a backup roleblocker for scum)

PREVIEW EDIT: You left out Fable. Also suboptimal claims make me think the claims are town, which is why I'm pointing out how scum!Kai could have made his claim more watertight.

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Don't think Fables claim was legit and if Kai is mafia that's only 4 PRs and if he's town it's 5. Not sure how you go to 7.

18. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I... don't know how I feel about that Kai claim. On one hand, this is yet another thing where I simply don't see why scum-him would bother to do it? We have just under two days until day-end, so I'm in agreement with DC that the only benefit he gains from it as scum would be if he thinks he can use it to clear himself to avoid a toss-up at the end of the day.
    On the other hand, 1-shot doctor is a really gross role. I also want to bring up the parity of the setup; we started at even numbers, and as it stands, the setup works very nicely with the 1-shot vig moving it back to odd numbers and no other thing interfering with the parity any further (i.e. protective role being a BG).

I think I'm OK with a massclaim here.
    Stanari; Scum-Reg would get off on lynching town-me. Take that to the bank.
    fontisian; First off, see above, but either way I don't really think I would have. I was already expressing suspicion of Reg before the stuff about emotional manipulation happened, so even if he had backed off of me I'd still have been really wary of how he treated me D2 (if you're not sure what I mean here let me know and I can rehash it in my case in a bit).

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You're right, I miscounted somehow. Probably by counting all of the PR claims (including Kai) and then going "if Kai's claim is legit that adds one"...

Why is Fable's claim not legit, though?
    pienyan --- Uh...what's your claim then? :V

20. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Um I'm used to massclaim not happening until a majority of people agree on it? If that isn't standard on this site (or if I just haven't been paying attention enough) lmk.