1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am genuinely curious as to how this was supposed to work, though!

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

*assuage .

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Consider that I may, in fact, be thinking about your claim.

---------- Post automerged at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I'd love to hear about your targeting rationale here!

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

This Cobalt feels kind of weird.

IDK.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I was after his neck because I thought he was scum and was hoping to catch him targeting someone.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    ...forgot that this scumteam is PR heavy so I guess that makes more sense.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

So... I'm still wondering about your rationale here.

1. Why did you think we needed a guilty on Jarizok in order to lynch him?
    2. If you had no intention of claiming regardless, why check Jarizok?
    3. Why did you think it was better to sit on your info than to just out in the massclaim and resolve the regfan pienyan situation?
    4. Were you faking concern about regfan pienyan situation going unresolved til endgame as well? (see: post #2282)

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah Cobalt f you're town here this is why gambling is a thing that shouldn't happen.

---------- Post automerged at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

gambitting*

ten

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    What on earth are you talking about?

For one hiding Tracker during massclaim is EXACTLY what you do, ESPECIALLY when there's a known scum roleblocker. Like, this was just common sense. Cobalt claiming Tracker would lead the roleblocker, if claiming after Cobalt, to know to fakeclaim a visiting result of some sort.

For two, why would Cobalt pressure pie just for having a night action until pie claimed VT? There's no reason pie couldn't be, like, a visitor or something and town until pie claimed a non-visiting role.

For three...it's a 1v1? So if Cobalt IS lying scum, we just lynch him when pie flips town? Like, what's Cobalt's incentive to 1v1 as scum in this scenario?

No time to say anything else, running out the door, but come on people. There's still the whole thing with Zen.

Unvote

---------- Post automerged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

(EBWOP: Although if I were Cobalt I would have hidden it with VT, so the whole oracle thing is kind of weird)

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

DOUBLE EBWOP: Wait, didn't the rolecop flip N1? There's no way that's a rolecop, Cobalt.

Also I don't agree that people not buying your, uh, actually fake claim are automatically scum.

Still. This is dodgy stuff but this seems too much like what I'd do as Tracker here, and the 1v1 just seals it. Like, fine, we lynch pie then Cobalt? We have room for that, I think, and a lot of people wanted to knock over pie anyway so she was kind of a liability.

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    dC WTF are you talking about? There was pressure from cobalt after pien claimed VT, her claim was before cobalt even did his first BS claim. Like you have someone who's largely V read by most of the game you know she's fake claiming and you don't do anything?! FUCKING WHAT? So yeah I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being bad at this game and see the fucking obvious that cobalt is a wolf.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I said roleblocker not role cop. Backup role blocker flipped, not regular one.

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Hey Fable, would it kill you to approach something rationally instead of emotionally for once this game?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean I've been right like 90% of the time so nah I'm good and you can die.

12. KaiDASH

Rolecop is known dead. So it has to be roleblocker or some other thing.

At the time of his claim, it was miner, blab and fonti who were unclaimed.

So I can accept that claiming not tracker during mass is the play, but from his posts it's pretty clear that he wasn't intending to claim at all today which is ??? given his info resolves regfan / pienyan which was going to be a shadow over the game going forward.

Q3 isn't relevant then, but 1, 2 and 4 are still things that should be answered Cobalt

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Why do people keep saying "there's no cop"? Jan was a cop variant.

This is your first post after pie claimed vanilla. And even after her claim, you kept harping on about Kai being your #1 target, despite having caught pie in a lie.

???

This also doesn't jive with someone who has a guilty.

---------- Post automerged at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Like...with the number of town roles, what are the odds that pie would be anything BUT the roleblocker in this setup? The last scum role is probably something boring like BP.

---------- Post automerged at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

Like in what universe does "wanting to survive" trump figuring out Reg/pie? Based on your posts after pie's claim, you had no intention of revealing your info or even prodding at her.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    ily vaimes, thank you for being my pillar of sanity in this endless sea of lol.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also it's a MASS CLAIM, which means gambitting/lying about your role and getting caught is awful and just makes you look like scum, so.

---------- Post automerged at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

I mean if he's town here, I'd need to see his QT myself postgame to even begin to comprehend why he thought this was a good idea.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...okay, so I thought Cobalt had claimed before pie for some reason.

Is there actually anyone in Cobalt's check list who claimed after Cobalt?

Also uh

Miiiight wanna get your story straight here.

Question for Cobalt: How valuable do you think a Tracker is to a town with no protectives right now?

17. KaiDASH

Am i just chopped liver?

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm starting to come around to you being town, Kai!

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    actually fuck it
    I was going to see if he tried to big up tracker as still important to try and stay alive, but:
    Lynching the tracker is not a huge loss given if we lynch the guilty and they flip actually guilty scum would just NK them and we wouldn't get another result anyway.

Now, the only thing I want to still check is: Is Cobalt/pie a possible scumteam? Like, could this be an attempt to set up an anti-align and win off it?

We should probably also wait to see if pienyan is also doing some kind of dumb gambit thing AS WELL, just in case.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I reread posts like a good little boy.