1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan's /cop/ role? My vig kill, which isn't Day-exclusive?

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean this is true particularly since pie probably isn't an NK target, and pie flipping town tells us some of our assumptions are off (since Cobalt trades one-for-one for pie if the scumteam thinks that trade gets them the win)

...I still can't get over that Cobalt probably wasn't getting lynched though. Like. Why in the blue blazes does Cobalt sacrifice himself in a 1v1 on pie when pie is under a bunch of suspicion and Cobalt has been being ferociously defended by yours truly all game? It seems like a pointless risk, like a cop checked Godfather claiming something that invalidates the clear.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote

Why do people have to lie.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Reg is arguing they're one-shot and therefore hard or impossible to block. Like, you can rolecop them but there's a good chance they'll have fired off their ability already, and you probably can't PR read them since once Jan is giving off cop tells or an extra death has happened you've both become vanilla.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    That still doesn't give us enough power to go up against 5 scum and if something like the neighbourizer gets roleblockers welp there goes all of our power in the game. It'd be pretty terrible design.

Frankly we're either dealing with two situations (well three I guess) - 1) Cobalt is legitimate, Pie is mafia, 2) Cobalt is fake and mafia and Miner is a PR or 3) Cobalt is fake and mafia and we're only up against 4 scum here, not 5.

I don't think 3) happens with his gambit fake claim? So it's 1 or 2?
    And I think Miners probably scum regardless so 2) feels less likely?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mean if you're gonna gambit, at least make sure your posts are consistent with your claim? Is that asking too much?

But mostly just don't do it. "I'm Tracker, pie is lying, choo choo" is good enough, I promise.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Ok but bear in mind that "eating it up" STILL involves Cobalt dying tomorrow.

Like...what-

Hmm.

Could buy "distraction from all the other scumlynches going on"

wait no I couldn't scum!Cobalt stays under the radar and tries to bring me to LYLO and win in that world

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah I'm not changing my vote, cobalt's claim is trash and the fact that you guys are buying into it makes me want to hurl myself off a cliff.

9. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.6.

Cobalt [4]: Fable, Blab, Font, Stanari.
    Reg [2]: Kai, Miner.
    Pienyan [2]: Cobalt, Reg.
    Blab [1]: DC.
    Miner [1]: Reg.

Not Voting [1]: Vaimes.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Does to me?

I'll be rereading over the claim when I get home in like ~6 hours, we can talk then.

Eh, so yours isn't day specific? If you attempted to use it at night and was roleblocker do you lose it? Plz ask.

Unvote

Until you get an answer.

Argument for this would be he'd fucked up his prior claim and thought he'd be able to get something out of it by trading 1 v 1 but then I don't have an answer as to why he'd claim the prior role as mafia when he's in a good position so?????

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    5 scum vs. 13 town is scumsided? I was under the impression you could get up to 33% and probably be okay, and rolecop/roleblocker are both bad against oneshots so really town's power being scattered amongst like three one-shots is weak but up against a mafia that has to get really lucky to not just be five goons

OTOH that IS super swingy design which is kinda dodgy, and giving mafia a bunch of "probably goons" is meh. 3) could happen if Cobalt's remaining buddy is someone we're not likely to catch but again why in the nine hells is he not just staying under the radar????? Even 2) falls victim to this. Unless Miner's PR turns out to [REDACTED SO MINER CAN'T SPECIFICALLY CLAIM THE THING I AM GOING TO SAY]

Still. If Cobalt is town this whole escapade was ill-advised.

Like. There was ONE excuse to gambit by hiding your role as Tracker, and it was "some of my targets have not claimed yet". pie had already claimed so wtf are you doing??

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

So the game started at 12-5, with scum having rolecop, roleblock, backup role block, ?, ?.

Town has

Neighbor scientist
    dayvig
    bodyguard
    1-doc
    double vote-give

Tracker ??

In a game without tracker, town just has low power repeats or 1 shot night actions and so all the scum roles are largely irrelevant.

In a game with tracker then, all the scum roles are revolving around 'find and stop the tracker'. So I don't even know about this.

Also notable is that most of the town roles effectively townfirm them selves by using their powers (neighbor scientist, dayvig, double vote giver) so that's a thing too.

I think from a pure risk management pov we should lynch pienyan first, just because that forces them to kill cobalt if cobalt is trueclaiming here (the assumption being that pienyan is the roleblocker in this world, so they'd have to kill him or risk dealing with his info).

but. I want to lynch cobalt.

._.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    This. So much this. If he's legitimate here and he outs this today I'm pretty sure we power lynch Pie and this game becomes a pretty easy win. The whole "holding it for reactions" type shit is just stupid when done incorrectly.

14. KaiDASH

13-5*

/10char

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Daykill >>>>> Nightkill

Unblockable, plus it's more exciting.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    okay screw it this is too hilariously stupid not to just say now

So one super out there possibility that exists is:
    - Cobalt is a scumtracker
    - Miner is some kind of inforole
    - Scum rolecopped Miner, and have been tracking him all game (not killing in the hopes they can get Miner lynched)
    - Last night scum tracked Miner to Cobalt, so they were aware in advance that Cobalt had been caught

This is the ONLY situation I can imagine Cobalt doing something like this as scum, because he knows he's on the outs and getting pie lynched as he goes down would be a nice bonus. Or getting scum!pie scumfirmed or whatEVER.

But seriously, what are the chances of this???

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah not the question though; mechanically if you used it at night and were roleblocked would you end up powerless?

FTR if Cobalts mafia Kai's 100% town here, same vice versa but I think I'm moving a little more towards Kai potentially being town regardless of Cobalts alignment here. I still think Miner is just always a hit.

---------- Post automerged at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Pretty much zero % there DC, if scum "knew" Miner was a PR they'd be roleblocking him.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Shhh! I'm trying to get Miner to claim an inforole he doesn't have!

Ahh well, it was a longshot anyway.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I know it didn't answer your question, I was just making a comment.

Mods'll get to me eventually.

20. KaiDASH

3 of these questions are still relevant. I don't want them to get lost here.