1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. blab

blab Second Year

My reasons to vote pienyan are almost entirely mechanical, like:
    I simply don't want to believe that towns entire info would be contingent on a single shot bt 1 player.

I don't think it's 13-5 if Cobalt is scum, it's possibly 13-5 if pienyan is scum, it's the safer play.

Town!Cobalt is more valuable than Town!pienyan.

Of course though, if scum!Cobalt failed with a oracle claim, and then go into a 1 vs.1 with a townie (ignoring Cobalt/pie here, because it's not really relevant here) of course he simply has the.option to make the pie lynch more appealing role-wise.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm just going to put down what I am confident about;

Vaimes is town.

Fable is pretty much always town, the only small %er world he's mafia here is where he's with Pie and has constantly tried to defend him but that doesn't feel particularly likely since Fable can just not make that play and endgame himself in all likelihood.

Kai is very probably town, he's never scum with Cobalt meaning he's only ever scum with Pie and in that case I don't think he's voting to lynch Pie while scum reading Cobalt, his play today and analysis of the situation has also read very town.

DC is probably town, admittedly I've side eyed a few of his posts today; I don't think he's ever really with Pie here given her big wall about him and de-crediting the town reads that were placed on him at game start but it's not impossible that he's with Cobalt. Him not realising game had started and so forth and having pretty genuine scumhunting for several of the first few day phases means he's probably just town though this does deserve a re-assess.

Fonti is probably town, I don't think she defends anywhere near as many townies as she has done this game and don't really see her with either Pie or Cobalt, moreso Cobalt here given I don't think she pushes on his initial fake claim (let alone lets it happen) and then sides with him on his follow up one. I just don't see a lot of scum motivation in her play at all.

Stanari EOD2 posts around Zenzao and his around her really feel like she's been just spewed town, have liked her play since then although I don't think I've seen her take a super hard analysis stance on this day phase outside of just a "I'd lynch Cobalt" one which means I probably shouldn't bank on this read but shrug.

Miners just mafia.

3. blab

blab Second Year

Vote: pienyan

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Is this a "Confident Cobalts town via play", "Confident Cobalts town via mechanics" or "Confident Pies mafia via play" type stance from you. Sell me on whichever of the three it is because I'm feeling pretty lost.

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Grabbing breakfast, be back shortly.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Miner

Can you please get tf off reg please and pick a side here?

6. blab

blab Second Year

Kinda hate myself for voting pienyan for when the thing about Cobalt is so urgh and pienyan is not as urgh, but if it's scum!Cobalt it's likely only Cobalt+1 and I think we are in a pretty good position to win that.

Night

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Then don't?

I swear mechanical bullshit is the reason we almost lost WH8 and if we lose because of it here some of you can expect to get blasted postgame.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Anger and frustration shown here doesn't make much sense from someone with a guilty?

Man, I really hate this.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm around for the next hour or so.

Cobalt's response has been gross and pienyan pretty ok?

lynch cobalt

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    We have just under two hours till deadline, if you're town Cobalt then I need you to show it.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

w h a t e v e r

Unvote, vote Cobalt

---------- Post automerged at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

I literally don't care. Kill them both if you have to.

12. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Well, no, the lynch would be because scum Cobalt worlds are HARDER.

And the whole point of that line of thinking is: Fine, they can have their gamestall. We'll win anyway.

Further, I can believe a scumteam of roleblocker/backup roleblcker/rolecop/backup rolecop vs. very little town power. Note how all of this scum power is essentially vanilla if it's only vs. vanilla, and we don't ACTUALLY know that it's 5scum and it also makes sense for Newcomb to rebalance 12/4 being scumsided from last game by making this one 14/4 with only shitty town PRs and only anti-PR scum PRs.

Furthermore, pie is equally angry about "it's OBVIOUSLY Cobalt" so :/

On the other hand, if Cobalt is scum then it probably IS 4scum, which means if pie is scum it's probably 5scum instead. That means piescum worlds are much harder than cobaltscum worlds b/c there's an extra scum...which would mean we should lynch pie instead.

Huh, interesting. blab says this in #2521.
    Fable - I think the point is we're unlikely to lose 4scum worlds.

On the other hand we're ALSO unlikely to lose worlds where Cobalt has to be nightkilled after we lynch pie. So I think that just means we're in a good position full stop.

---------- Post automerged at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

so yeah fuck it back to Lynch: Cobalt

at least if he's derptown we can blame him for losing :V

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 4.10.

Cobalt [7]: Stanari, Pienyan, Reg, Fable, Kai, Vaimes, DC.
    Pienyan [4]: Cobalt, Font, Blab.
    Reg [1]: Miner.

With 11 votes alive, it will be 6 votes to soft lynch and 9 votes to hard lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Pienyan should be at 3. <_<

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Is this a pie-rolecop assumption?

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Seen it before.

16. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I'm around till deadline.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If you remember, a general citation would be nice.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Also no y'all are not fucking lynching me when I'm at work

Let me reiterate

There is ZERO disadvantage to getting Pie first. We lynch scum and I die at night and the entire situation is resolved. You'll waste an ENTIRE extra cycle lynching me first, figuring out Pie was lying, and then taking care of Pie and that's 2 extra townies dead before continuing the game.

Just because Pie showed up and I've been at work all day doesn't make her right here.

19. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I have mixed feelings about blab's posts recently. I almost feel that if he's scum with Cobalt, he's being a bit too blatantly obvious about it.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Vaimes and DC for fucks sake just TRUST ME ON THIS.