1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

5 Fictional Characters You'd Want on Your Side in a Fight

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Skeletaure, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

LOL at picking Dr. Manhattan and God; neither would do anything. Besides, God is always on my side...

@EvilSpanker: Mario is the fucking business.

2. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

Ron Artest. I'll kill you motherfuckers!

Oh, and James Bond because I might as well be getting laid while killing all of you.

3. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    1- Alucard from Hellsing. Whoever goes against him will be squealing like a pig. And he hates Nazis.

2- Lord Voldemort from jbern's To Fight The Coming Darkness. jbern wrote one devious motherfucker.

3- Nanoha from Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha. She will befriend you with magical particle cannons.

4- Galactus. My enemies must die so that he may live.

5- Batman, particularly Batman from All Star Batman and Robin and Dark Knight Returns. The definitive Dark Knight Detective.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Ferrovax(Dresden Files)
    Neo
    Tavi(Leader: Not the strongest, but a great leader and commander)
    Storm
    Gandalf

Two Melee/Two Ranged/Leader who's a mix.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Okay. I started by ruling out everyone already mentioned in the first 22 posts in this thread. It's more fun like a fantasy draft than just repeating others.

Jason Bourne. I only wanted one between John McClane, Jack Bauer, and Bourne. In the end, McClane and Bauer have hot daughters inviting all kinds of unwanted complications.

Yoda. My wise old leader who amuses me more than everyone else.

Franklin Richards. Because I need some firepower and Yoda can guide him well. Also someone's gotta carry Yoda on their back.

Beatrix Kiddo a.k.a. The Bride who killed Bill. Her daughter can play with Franklin when she's needed for wetwork.

The Middleman. Need a real boy scout to help keep my motley crew together.

Yeah. I like the balance of these five better than just picking the five most powerful people I can think of. Though I am lacking in the super-genius department. They can get too hard to control.

6. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You rang?

1. Gandalf - I mean... He's Gandalf. Come on.
    2. Gregor Eisenhorn - Inquisitor from 40k he's badass as all hell.
    3. Han Solo - Need comic relief, and frankly luck beats skill on occasion.
    4. Conan - In terms of realistic violence, nobody tops Conan.
    5. Denarian Harry - Courtesy of Shezza

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hm...tough choices. Trying to avoid people already taken makes it even harder.

Batman- once fought a guy who could go back in time like 5 minutes, this allowed him to fight batman to a draw. The only repeat.

Vader's Secret Apprentice

Odin (marvel or )-An old man, true, but powerful.

Shikamaru (post time skip)- Need a strategist on my team, and he can immobilize people.

Gohan (after releasing power from Old Kai)- One of the strongest people in Z at this time, he kicked the crap out of Super Buu, and i'd wager he could take on Kid Buu for a while too...

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Obi-Wan.
    Dumbledore.
    Master Chief.
    Jimmy from South Park.
    Terminatrix from Terminator.

9. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

Albus Dumbledore
    Sabriel from the Abhorsen Trilogy.
    Ferrovax from DF.
    James Bond
    Alexander Suvorov (not necessarily fictional, but effective).

Sabriel for crowd control. Ferrovax and Dumbledore as my main hitters. Bond as intel and infiltration. Suvorov as tactician.

10. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

I'm gonna try to pick people that nobody has picked yet, and try not to get into the realm of godlike.

1. Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
    2. One of the Knights of the Cross, probably Michael. Before his injury, obviously.
    3. Voldemort from Shezza's Denarian Series. One badass motherfucker.
    4. Michael Westen from Burn Notice. He's like Jason Bourne, but without the mental problems.
    5. Gaius Sextus in his prime from Codex Alera. The man was ridiculously powerful from what we saw of him. Can you imagine what he was like during the prime of his life?

11. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Albus Dumbledore
    Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    The Punisher (Frank Castle)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Ash J. Williams

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Naruto from LD1449's Lost Soul(The story is okay, but the character is just awesome)

Who ever can use the Giga Slave from the Slayers series.

Deadpool ('cause I need an immortal soldier)

Mr. Black (comedy anyone?)

Ichigo ('cause it looks like the more dead he gets, the stronger he becomes.)

13. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

1. Inoue Orihime- She may not add much firepower, but the whole Reject reality thing could come in handy.

2. Belgarath, The Ancient and Beloved- Seven thousand years of wisdom and magic, duh.

3. Heroic Spirit Saber- She's got a magical invisible sword.

4. Nicolas Flamel(hp version of course)- Mmmm, elixir and have him brew up some of that wtfhax luck potion too.

5. Ikari Gendo- Because if he's in a fight, chances are he's already schemed a victory ages ago.

14. goldenwolfeye

goldenwolfeye Seventh Year

1) Onslaught - ever wondered what you get when you mix Xavier, Magneto and badass?

2) The Silver Surfer - screw Galactus

3) The Living Tribunal

4)Ferrovax - Oldest Dragon from the Dresden Files

5) Eva Angelina - for something to look at while the other guys kick mucho ass.

15. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

She's not a fictional character.

16. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

1. The Luggage (from Discworld)- it's the Luggage. Enough said.

2. The Doctor (Dr Who)- get him angry in the right way, he's genocidal. Is also a genius.

3. The Master (Dr Who)- if the Doctor isn't willing to do it, he is. Would be hard to control though. Is also a genius.

4. Carter (Stargate)- a genius, as well as a soldier. Best of two worlds.

5. Todd (Stargate)- a life sucking Wraith. So long as he doesn't get peckish outside of a fight, he's fine.

17. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

1) Brigadier-General Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC KCB KCIE, the Defender of Piper's Fort.

2) The Great Wizzard, the Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography, Professor Rincewind (B. Mgc. Unseen University (Hon.)), the leader of the Terracotta Army.

3) Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League.

4) 25-Star General Zap Brannigan, captain of the Nimbus, flagship of DOOP.

5) The Warriors of Light, defeaters of the four Elemental Fiends (technically four choices, but they're pretty much a set).

From the Flashman Papers, Discworld, Harry Potter, Futurama, and 8-Bit Theatre respectively.

18. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

1. Blue - as in the character from Pokemon Special, not the damn color.
    Just to get rid of a phobia, she caught 3 legendary birds. And she's hot! She will provide most likely the environment that suits the team, as well as holding and detaining or killing any humanoid with no super speed or flying ability. I mostly chose of her skirt, though.

2. The Face of Bo - I know Captain Jack Harkness was already chosen, but
    I think they are different enough. He can predict the future thousands of
    years in advance, and can shut the power [I think it was electricity, but I'm not sure...] of a super sophisticated city when he's about to sleep/die. He provides brains [mostly for strategy], tank [as a last resort, really...] and he can take any strength-only characters like Goku.

3. Zor-El - I chose him mostly to negate all of those who chose Superman [he was seriously stronger than Clark in Smallville,] and to provide some muscle power. He also might be able to hold off Chuck Norris for a short while, I'm not sure.

4. Amusement Park Manager from Space Jam - No, I'm not fucking kidding. Think of those little twerps who took only basket-ball's skills and became huge. Now think what would happen if that fat fellow will do it on multiple people or something stronger than dribbling and aiming skills. Provides power, tank and intimidation.

5. Oscar Zoroaster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkel Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs - Or in short, Oz, as in the wizard of Oz. True, he's not a real wizard, but if he managed to be a ruler of a country with "Fake Magic" and Harry can barely turn a table to a statue, I'll say that "Fake Magic" is more useful. He will provide distraction [mostly for Blue, who can make an exit swiftly when unobserved] and defense from "Real Wizards" with the use of parlor tricks and trickery.

I don't really like having 2 and 3 on my list, as they aren't very original and I think I can do better, but I think it was fairly unique as it is.

19. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

1. DEATH - The death from Terry Pratchetts books, because he is death.
    2. Scar - The Scar from the FMA manga.
    3. Tobi - Tobi from naruto, mostly because he is funny.
    4. Gig - Gig from the game Soul nomad and the Worldeaters, because he is extremly powerful.
    5. Sheogorrath the daedric prince of madness - From the Elder scrolls game series, because he is awsome

20. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

Weird choice for a first post. Welcome?