1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

@Sloth: Definitely a good game at the end. I was seriously wavering at the end. :) *high five*

2. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

also for ridley:

excelent job on modding, i say you handled everything quite well.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Agreed. I think your response to me about being able to post and what I can post was well worded. :) The board is more subjective to places I've played in the past. This caused me to misinterpret what was in the QT and made me think something wasn't true. Not bastard mod sorry for saying it. Thank you for being very patient. I am looking at how I can improve in the future.

4. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Still want to punch you in the throat Sloth.

Damn good scumming though. Next time I'm not wavering in my read of you. I should bloody know better by now

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sloth played well. His tells in the beginning were tells I only look for in good players (Don't jump on a target for bad reasons to look like you're scumhunting next time or use a wifom defense). Dermon, I was a little disappointed with. There was also an early unvote of Von that screamed newbie!scum. IMO, what really should have killed Sloth and Dermon was POE, after the 2 vs. 3 werewolf debate and the shit ton of town tells in the first couple pages of the game. Overall, a fun game to watch.

6. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

This was a active and fun game to watch. For a long time it felt like town was going to crash and burn. If Sloth had a better scum partner, it would have probably been town loss. Being scum is really stressful esp. on your own.

IRC mafia is something everyone should try at least once because its awesome:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=26211

7. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

i find it easier being solo scum. Allow me to have an easier lack of awarenss

8. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

[don't know what's happening]

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  9. Sloth

[sites being weird]

10. Sloth

Bleh. ...I'm really bummed at the reason I lost. For those that haven't read my QT, I was trying to unvote for 2 solid minutes and the site wouldn't let me.
    I'm pretty sure I had it in the bag after my gambit.
    If anyone's curious, I would have killed Snow toNight, leaving me, Mathblade, and Rubicon/Atum on the last Day. Would it have work, you think?

@Math, I actually was really selective about the kind of anger I showed. I thought I did fairly well showing Townie frustration. I kept my scum frustration to the QT. XD
    For the record, I apologize for post #84 in the werewolf QT. I kept it because I said it and I own up to it, but I do apologize. The rest of it, I believe--take it or leave it.

@ika, did I seem exhausted to you? I never felt it myself.
    And aha. I was wondering if anyone noticed my reduced posting. I figured if anyone did, it'd be you. ...You do realize you probably shouldn't have said it, right? Now I'll just make sure it's not there in my next scum game. But...yeah, there's nothing I can do about IRL.
    (Surprised you're not asking me about the Dresden plan XD)

@Snow, seriously, come out of your shell. You did better towards the end though, I liked it.

@Fonti, what tells did I have? For future knowledge. /nods

@Rubi, like my sig? =)

But yeah, I was scum.
    ...It really feels like a lot of things really stacked against me in this game XD
    I wanted to make it till the end...wasn't able to. Not too bad, I guess.

11. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There should have been a third wolf on the team, really.

After I posted that I was like, "This is going to be so fucking embarrassing if Sloth is scum."

I'm never calling you town again. :p

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

*couldn't sleep posting initial thoughts*

@Lyrium:
    OMG Lyrium that tag changing was YOU?! :p I seriously thought it was Snow being all anti-town fluff because it was rainbows and stuff. Nice props for it. And thanks for the Veronica Mars post. If I hadn't have seen that I may not have ever suspected Sloth. Thank you for the good laughter but it can drive people a bit nuts.

And I did some of the Lyrium flirting after day one but that's because someone started the Lyrium flirting tags and one tag excited about Titus coming. That was just fun. After that when the tags went all crazy bananas I seriously wondered if someone was trying to put messages in them. :/ Sloth good scum game it drove me nuts.

@Sloth:
    I'm not sure on the end game deal. I wasn't as sure of you as I lead people to believe. With Atum I'd say probably not but Rubicon I'd give it 40% chance of success. I definitely would have had to hold off lynch to analyze again. Your last day play at the end was superb even while being trolled so these numbers are guesses. Twilight would have been the big change. Also having a no lynch there would have made me probably analyze things a little more.

Overall great game and you are a hard scum to read.

@Rubicon -- Thanks for believing me at some point. I am not the best wordsmith so trolling Sloth is kinda all I felt I had left and that was running out of steam fast.

@Snow/Atum -- This was some better play from new players I've seen in a long time. :) I hope you continue to play mafia on these boards. I agree with the advice though...Please definitely come out more. One of these days if I get brave enough to share what I feel was my biggest derp ever I will and I doubt you could ever top it. It was THAT bad.

@Atum -- On the ticket expiring, I expected different coding terms because I'm a techie nerd and have worked a lot with website development. It's one of the reasons I thought it may have been a scum play.

@Citrus -- Thanks for the newbie first mindset. :) Fun playing with you. It was nice that both you and Rubi were townies.

@Delphine -- IRC will be great. Look forward to it when I get a decent amount of sleep.

@Maiden -- I look forward to playing a game with you where one of us makes it past d1 in the same game. :) Sorry the random d1 lynch got ya.

@ika -- I won't call your rage fake ever again. I will take what you say under advisement. :)

@Titus -- Sis I love ya! *hugs* We gotta stop getting into flame wars at some point :p

@Riley Poole -- Yellow just for you even though I hate yellow on green. Good modding :) Very well thought out. Sorry my misunderstanding made things hard.

@All -- I will probably be on the board at some point off and on but off it to prepare for all out June activities I would like to do. I may not sign up for a mafia game in a bit. I plan on coming back but my temporary disappearance won't be because of the board and I may request obs on some future games.

13. Sloth

Oh what could have been.
    But yes, always listen to Ter when it comes to me. 'Cept for the game where we're scum together, obviously.

You think so? Why?

Oh no, whatever shall I do. I think we can all trust I didn't saw this coming, and I 100% don't have a plan already thought out to get around this hurdle. Woe is me.

For those that missed IRC tonight: I'm taking a break from mafia for the next one or three games (will probably obs) to focus on my writing. It helps Ter find her footing without me, too.
    And it relaxes your mind after this game so when I come back I can seize on your lowered guard and feed your suspicions what you want to hear.
    Yep.

G'night everybody! =D

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Oh, also, wolf!Ter (read my QT) doubled-back and devoured you all in the dark, using your remains in a dark ritual that brought me back to life. Then we ran off and ruled the night together.

...She said this is what happens, so it's canon. Nyah.

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What the sweet jesus happened at the end of this game...

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Sloth did awesome but the board broke so two townie votes killed him as he had a vote on himself still.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote: Sloth for Scum MVP

Completely because he 110% earned it, regardless of the fact he's the only one eligible heh

Vote: Mathblade for Town MVP

Because I thought we lost this game, and her Sloth tunnel totally turned it around (excluding the huge modkill)

Will post more in depth thoughts on everyone later unless I get lazy

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Well I sure thought about this game a hell of a lot for like nine days and now it's over.

I wanna say to Atum that that was a really solid town performance for your first forum game - I was impressed with you to the point that I was freaking out that everyone was underestimating you. :b I hope you take a stab at another game at some stage.

---------- Post automerged at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

i feel a little empty inside b/c i never got mbond lynched and i didn't start seriously considering Sloth-scum until less than 3 hrs before i got NKed

but i guess those are the little things that make you consider playing again huh

18. Sloth

Half a day has passed and nope, I'm still bemoaning that I lost how I did.
    Whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy...I had ittttttt...you bitch, DLP...

Anyway, monochrome, don't feel bad about the modkill--you had nothing to do with it. Riley told me from day start that he'd give him 24 hours before killing him. There was some misunderstanding afterwards and I somehow got the hours wrong.

XD And yep. I like to think I killed you and Titus at exactly the right time. =p
    Lyrium was over Seer, and Ter was to put off of why every strong Townread was dropping like flies except me. The discrediting Citrus was also part of it, but only a perk: One of the reasons no one could follow the logic behind my kills is that I chose the Night's target an hour after Day start at the latest, effectively making them impossible to connect. (This is another reason why I did not understand what Mathblade's argument that I made the kills since none of the reasoning was actually accurate.)

Speaking of Mathblade, I was actually talking with her in IRC yesterday, and we discussed how the game went. I brought up my thoughts on her and made a comparison that she actually found funny, so I thought I'd share it here:

I was so confused with how Mathblade had closed in on me and I actually discussed the game off-hand with Ter while reading some of her comments, and at one point, I said,
    "Holy hell, did Mathblade actually catch me by doing the equivalent of walking out one day with the intent of punching Hitler, seeing some guy with the 'stache, and immediatelly punch him over it, yelling 'THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO HITLER!' and then, against all possible odds, it turns out the guy actually was Hitler?"

My humor is not for all audiences.

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

...wait, how can Mathblade upvote when her votecount's at 3? Don't you need like 30 posts to do so?

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Sloth I still love that quote. Also obs thread was hilarious reading it....Oh my god. I think puppy images are ruined for a very long time. That and almost every "innocent" metaphor I know of.

Great end game. Glad we talked in IRC and all is good.
    And yeah nice strategy for the kills. I had you as a strategic scum so I was trying to make you kill certain people in the night and had this über complex plan to catch you or get to end game since I wasn't sure I could convince anyone. And some of that was right. Until I learn a board's meta it is hard for me to present a convincing argument. The WIFOM of it sounds great to me will it sound great to them? And if it does sound great will they lie and say it sucks? But if they know that will they say it sucks when it is great? I honestly thought the NKs were the best part of my argument. :p Bubble ruined.

I have twenty five off mafia posts and threshold is 20. And yeah I discovered I can thumbs up so many posts in a thread so if you don't have a thumbs up in end game discussion blame the board.

---------- Post automerged at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 ----------

And Atum nice work on finding my scumminess. I was being very anti town at the end. :) Definitely a good play and call out. Probably wouldn't have been so brazen if wasn't confirmed.

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

@Delphine yeah lurker lynch is a usual play of mine just this game was so weird didn't seem to permit it. Wish I would have agreed with you :)

20. Sloth

Huh. Well, I'll be damned.

Citrus, how can Mathblade have more posts than you when she's been here a lot less? Shame on your thumb-up-less self.