1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Changing Faces by eQuasarus - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by zUzaque, Sep 7, 2005.

1. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

Title: Changing Faces
    Author: eQuasarus
    Rating: M
    Pairings: Harry Potter/ Tonks
    Chapters: 22
    Words: 145,284
    Updated: August 7, 2005
    Published: July 15, 2003

Summary: PostOotP. Harry isn't having a good summer. In fact, when Death Eaters find a way to attack his house, it probably is his worst summer yet. However, a clumsy Auror shows up to help even the odds of fate, and maybe find out that why
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1430385/1/Changing-Faces

Review: Mabie a little cliche with the Tonks, but has alot of original points. It sucks that it's on Hiatus though, and don't oyu just hate it when the summary cuts off?

Checked by Minion, July 26, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I hate stories that focus heaps on the summer but then like the last few weeks of the summer just fly by so quick that if you blink, you miss it. What's the fucking point of focusing so much on the first half but not the second? Might as well just rush the whole summer and get school started.

3. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Is this that story with the game where people jump off their brooms and apparate as close to the ground as possible? If so i've read it before. Can't really remember what i thought of it though, I'll have to re-read at some point.

4. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Aye

5. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I like e's creativity, he has some original plots and ideas. My problem is he never finishes anything and I never end up liking the direction things go in. He also often has plenty of filler chapters -- I want something interesting to happen, but it doesn't (I'm thinking squarely of Hidden atm.... such a neat idea, dragged way too far out). It's very original stuff, it just doesn't always end up working.

6. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

i think it gets good when he gets to the island, and yes, the apparation game is in it, and i think thats the coolest part

7. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Id like to see him finish his semi-evil harry fic... an azkaban fic where harry actually did do it... VERY good though in my opiniion ,, but i generally like E's stories, i just couldnt get into this one... Black Kisses (same author, different name) though i Did enjoy... as well as narcotic effects...

8. mehetabelo

mehetabelo Guest

I'm bored like last night, so I'm trolling forums a bit, though it is interesting to see all this stuff that I had no ideas was around. Anyway, I wanted to make a comment about the story, first it was going to be really really really long, someone mentioned they hated long summers and short years, well, i was going to have everything pretty equalized out and summer ended at chapter 19, so there were going to be quite a few chapters obviously. The biggest problem with the story (and one of the reasons its on hiatus) is I litterally lost direction. I wanted Tonks and Harry to hookup, but I got so focused on the chapter to chapter that I forgot the plot as a whole and pretty much screwed myself. I might try and rework it if I can get into writing HP stuff again, but I don't know.

As for the game - which I'm quite proud of - a friend and I came up with it when I was first starting the story. That, and the dog hybred, are two things that were originally something I wanted in the plot, just one of the many things to come out of the endless dark depths of my mind.

The game was called Jack, (ie Jack by Nimble, Jack be Quick, Jack jump off hi broomstick) and was basically a wizarding version of chicken if anyone has ever actually played that. (I have, and it's a freakin rush and the one of the dumbest things I ever did, which is saying a lot).

Anyway, just wanted to post to 3 month old posts.

For those of you who don't know. eQuasarus = Mehetabelo

9. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

this was a great story, then went on hiatus, i remember it ahd some decent ideas with broomsticks and apparation, but thats about it..

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Seem to have the same problem myself..

then again losing the notebook with all my notes and doodles of inspiration didnt help much..

whatever happened with New bigginings anyway?

11. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

I've always been a sucker for Harry/Tonks stories and this story is honestly one of my all time favorites. Tonks is always portrayed as the clumsy and goofy auror, but in this story eQuasarus gives Tonks a bit of a darker edge. I loved it! The game of Jack was really original, something that seems to be getting really rare in these fanfics lately. :( This fic was a 9 out of 10 in my opinion, highly recommended!!! :D

12. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

I think this may be the first novel-length Harry/Tonks in the fandom. It started in July 03, and was sadly abandoned two years later.

I remember reading it a couple years ago, and I'd almost call it a classic. It's got the same structure as the typical post-OotP Honks fic (the summer takes forever to get through), but there's a lot more originality in this fic than most others. It has aged pretty well.

4.5/5 - definitely deserves its spot in the library, even though it's far from a complete story