1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Gryffindors Never Die by ChipmonkOnSpeed - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Minion, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Haven't read it for ages and pretty sure there is a post for this already, not sure if it has been up for review or not.

From memory, it started off strong as a Harry Ron bromance fic we have all been waiting for. It however quickly turned into a shitfest and became less of a story and more of a mouthpiece on the authors behalf about all the issues they see in the world. Ron was touched by the his uncle or some shit like that, speeches about homophobia etc. Valid or not that isn't the type of story it was presenting itself to be, it came from left field and has got to be one of the biggest let downs in a fic I have seen, from being good/decent to being terrible towards the end.

2/5 just because of the sour taste it left in my mouth. Such a let down from a strong start.

EDIT: Found it.

EDIT2: Also found my old post, seems my opinion has gotten worse. :D

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  2. TallDarkStranger

TallDarkStranger Fourth Year

High Score:
    Fardeki, thanks for finding that. I considered reccing the author's other Time travel, but that only has 8 chapters up atm and updates are very. fucking. slow.
    It's 8 chapters since Oct 2013.

Edit: I've loved it so far, everyone and everything is made fun of mercilessly.

Sample Quote: "See if I ever send my kids to this nuthouse. Full of psychos, murderers, and angry lesbians".

ROFL, literally. My roommate thinks I'm insane right now.

Last edited: May 20, 2016