1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's the best you've got on Fluff even after that long post by Citrus?

Oh my god, Snow, did you roll scum again?

My inner Waco reads that as "I'm undecided on [if I'm going to have to start bussing] Fluff."

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Well, I'm in a movie right now (posting because previews), so I don't really have time to note down what I agree/disagree with.

Don't be too eager to scumread me, now.

3. Newcomb

1. Hmph, fair enough. Can you see how that first post kinda came off as Titus-y if you didn't know you, or the intent behind it, though?

2. Well, was Snow scum that game, then, or was he town? Because that would be the important part, wouldn't it?

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I wrote up this post, refreshed the page, and found three more people have posted. This is hell. D8

You don't need to defend yourself from my every comment. The point is minor, it's a feeling I got from your post. That's all.

I understood that. Opinions on players change all the time, but fence-sitting is scummy. Choose a side then change later when you get more evidence. It won't hurt you.

When I scumhunt, I look for two things: inconsistencies and wording. For example, take the "extremely new player" comment. Normally, 'new' would be enough. 'ly' words are amplifies, you're emphasizing that you're a new player and don't know what you're doing. It's also misleading. Scott Press has never played before, that title goes to him. To me, it signals that you're using it as a shield to defend scummy behavior.

Maybe my opinion will change later on if other people act scummier, but for now you’re my biggest scum read because of your overly defensive behavior and odd wording.

5. Newcomb

Vira, I'm defending myself because it's irritating that you're attacking me for what it seems to be are pretty towny things and slightly twisting them to call them scummy. Like, you're calling what I'm doing with Citrus fence sitting. What the fuck, I'm voting him. I'm also like 40% of the way to unvoting him and declaring him unlynchable. That kind of confusion is towny, and you should see that, and it's frustrating. If I were like, "gee, I dunno, Citrus seems scummy but also maybe he's not? Need more info" that would be fence-sitting.

Read my posts better, damn it.

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Citrus The reason I haven'rt answered your question is because it's literally impossible to answer. Like, why would I feel the need to wagon Snowvon if I was already on someone?

I feel as if the question was designed so as to be impossible to answer, so you could seize on my not answering as scummy. Which is scummy as fuck, and why I'm voting you.

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll agree there but this early there's no way to know PRs unless someone derps really hard. My first thoughts on this thread were based on you and newcomb scumming together and trying to appear as if there was no connection by disagreeing with each other.

In the posts since you've distanced from each other and I think that's intentional, though it could be a case of both of you simply responding to questions from other players.

Vira, you're going really gung-ho with your attempts to appear that you're flat out scum-hunting. Odds are you're being genuine but you've put yourself on the radar big time.

For now though;

Vote Citrus

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Stop. Avoiding. The. Question.

If the lynch was between Rubicon and Blab for a day, and Snowvon was the decider, would you rather lynch Snowvon or let him decide?

It's incredibly possible to answer, all you have to say is you would let Snowvon decide the lynch (and then how would you interpret his decision the next day, or no difference on if he lynches Rubicon or Blab) or you would rather lynch Snowvon in that situation.

There are two choices and they are each bolded.

That is a terrible argument by the way. "so you could seize on my not answering as scummy". You reacted a certain way, I called you out on it, and now you are saying "oh you set me up to react that way!" No, I did not. I explained in my previous post what my expectations were as to the ways you could react to my question. There are multiple ways to answer my question and you keep. picking. avoid. the. answer.

This is besides the entire defensiveness stuff, which you haven't addressed. Why did you interpret the initial question as an attack or the beginnings of a setup? What makes it a question with ulterior motives and not simply trying to understand your potential interactions with the named players?

---------- Post automerged at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

If you need it in other words

---------- Post automerged at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------
    Seratin, what are your thoughts on Fluffiness? Town? Scum? Etc.

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Also, to respond to your statements, I never disagreed with Newcomb anywhere? Or I'm mis-interpreting what you meant?

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see I've been mentioned here and there, with perceptions leaning towards me being scum. Well. I don't imagine ninjaing out will help me in any way, but being too defensive isn't the way to go either (looking at Newcomb here).

Newcomb stands out, because he's very active, but I'm not sure either way. Leaning towards town. Slightly.

Jan is dropping out of my crosshairs for now. Not much to go on.

Snowvon came off as confrontational in a few posts, but that may just be eager scumhunting.

Have to examine the others closer, but it's still early stages. Will observe how things unfold.

10. Newcomb

See above re: the difference between genuine town confusion and wolfy fence-sitting. This would be the latter.

Scott I actually tend to think you're town, because your kinda distant, armchair-general, wait-and-see mindset meshes with my concept of "new, slightly overwhelmed town," but you should really come out with an opinion or something concrete. Otherwise you just look f r o z e n.

One reason I'm townreading you is that you're really reminding me of TMNT from Narutomafia. He was town and posting like you, got run up D1, and had to claim, and only didn't get lunched because his role was mechanically confirmable.

You should put down thoughts even if you're wrong, because as town you clear yourself by showing the process behind your thoughts, not that those thoughts are 100% accurate. As scum, you have no incentive to put the effort into solving the game, because the game is already solved for you.

11. blab

blab Second Year

I know.
    I am just going to watch you for now.

12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb, we've been playing for less than 12 hours. I'll sit on the fence until I have something more to say.

---------- Post automerged at 02:49 ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 ----------

I'm waiting for more posts from Snowvon.

13. Newcomb

Excellent. Welcome to the town circle.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is this some sort of normal d1 play for citrus?

Just curious because last game he didnt do a lot compared to this game.
    This game he is out to pick a fight. I dont know his town and/or wolf range, so anyone here that knows him well enough to help me out?

15. blab

blab Second Year

1. Yeah, sure.

2. Well, what would actually be important is if the reasoning behind the townread was correct, if it still applies and if he thinks that I think it still applies.
    He was town, the townread was "he wouldn't engage my mad skills like that".

This is also irrelevant, because I believe him forgetting it, because it was my last game but not his last game, and "figuring stuff out for myself" made probably a bigger impression on me than "what he was townread for in a game he wasn't really in danger" made on him.

I don't know, I haven't seen Snowvon do anything he doesn't know how to fake, but it takes more effort than what he exerted in the past to fake even that, so slight town.

Rubicon: What do you think of the votes on Citrus?

---------- Post automerged at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I have seen Citrus pick fights, maybe in CYS with fonti (town!Citrus) as the most recent one? In any case I don't consider him "out-of-character" so Citrus must have come off as kind of mellow then.
    I have never really thought about if Citrus is more aggressive as town and I only remember the last witchhunt with him as scum but based on that, yes.

---------- Post automerged at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I have seen Citrus pick fights, maybe in CYS with fonti (town!Citrus) as the most recent one? In any case I don't consider him "out-of-character" so Citrus must have come off as kind of mellow then.
    I have never really thought about if Citrus is more aggressive as town and I only remember the last witchhunt with him as scum but based on that, yes.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Newcomb's 'look these things are towny why aren't you townreading me for them' makes me feel eh.

w/r/t Citrus/Fluff, I don't really understand the point of Citrus' question. Or rather, what he hopes to gain from Fluff's answer. It seems rather early in the game to ask something like 'would you rather trust Snowvon or go after him.' Although Fluff is kind of avoiding the question. It's not impossible to answer if you're given two choices? I dunno. I'll think about this later.

17. Newcomb

Did you read the game after you died? Citrus definitely switched gears at that point, and his play here reminds me of that.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Wait, I just remembered this post:

Hi Scott.

Why are you waiting for more posts from Snowvon?

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Did Citrus take more time before calling you town in Narutomafia?

I was nodding along with your posts anyway, but this won me over. You can be town.

I have no idea what Citrus is doing. Historically, that might mean he's town.

Why are you voting Vira?

---------- Post automerged at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Oh, and hi Snowvon. You seem town so far. Don't let me down.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes i remember him switching up gears.

It is something different seeing someone switching up gears on day 4/5 after a lot of information is out, and someone playing really agressive from the get go.

The kind of play here doesn't remind me of one he made last game, but that does not mean that much. ppl have a certain range of play and after only playing one game with him i am uncertain of his range.

Von you are our light in dark times, show us the way to the rainbow.