1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Hunt (Game mechanics feedback thread)

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Skeletaure, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've gone ahead and simplified many roles. Mundungus is still in there, but much simpler. I think the game is now more or less ready to be used. Addressing points of controversy:

1. Soup. Soup is essential to counter mass claim. There are only three Death Eaters, each of whom can only use it once, and it seems likely that at least one Death Eater will be sent to Azkaban before they get the chance to use it. Further, unsuccessful soup leads to a revelation of the identity of the Death Eater who used it. I don't think this is too OP. I've also made it so you can't soup once there are only 4 players or fewer.

2. Vote stealing. Again, this happening will be very rare. You need a Yew wand to vote steal. The game starts with one in existence, and then it's up to Ollivander to make them. He can only make one every three nights, and may choose to make Holly wands. I don't anticipate more than 2 or 3 vote thefts in the game. As the identity of the player under the Imperius is not revealed, no individual player will feel cheated out of their vote either.

3. Snape redundancy. Firstly, I think it's important to have a weaker, second investigator role on the side of the town, in case the Death Eaters get lucky and hit Moody early. Secondly, 4 town players have powers that involve visiting other players in the night, so there's plenty of chance for confusion with Snape's power.

Now, I'm looking for a partner to help me run this in July. Any volunteers?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'd be happy to help out.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It looks like you've taken tinyhunt and added a whole bunch of completely unnecessary complexity that doesn't actually address any of the problems tinyhunt has.