1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Innocence is fleething, Death stays true forever by SSC - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Innocence is fleething, Death stays true forever
    Author: SSC
    Genre: General/Supernatural
    Rating: T
    Pairings: None
    Chapters: 14
    Words: 34,045
    Updated: January 21, 2008
    Published: January 22, 2006

Summary: Spoilers for books 1 to 5. NonHBP compliant. In the summer after OotP, Harry starts thinking: is death really irreversible? Necromancer!Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2764451/1/

Good new story. The first Necromancer!Harry story that seems done well. It actually makes a lot of sense too - Since Voldemort is afraid of death ("Flight from death"), then Necromancy might be "the power he knows not". Strange how no one had tought of this before...

As for this story, Harry disappears from Private Drive after year 5 and reappears one year later in DOM, where he uses Necromencer powers to bring Sirius back from behind the Veil...

Interesting, original and well written. It's only 6000 words for now and has ridiculously short chapters, but it's updated at least once per day, so it's definitely worth checking out.

Checked by Minion, August 19, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  2. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Your right this story is pretty good, and as long as he keeps up updating at least 1 every 2 days or so im satisfied. Im glad that someone actually had a believeable way of bringing sirius back from the dead <_< so yea @_@

3. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Rather interesting so far.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Neat story so far...seems pretty cliche-less and well written so far...other than bringing Sirius back, but I can understand that.

5. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Pretty good. Bookmarked.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

In other stories, bringing Sirius back is just a way to show off how cool Harry's new powers are.

Here, it's the crux of the whole plot and the reason why Harry decided to become a Necromancer.

I respectfully approve this plot decision :)

7. Blackstar

Blackstar Second Year

Ridiculously short

But i like it, and i must say thats the most interesting way ive seen mrs. black disposed of :)

8. MadEyes

MadEyes Seventh Year

I like it, but I agree that it is extremely short. And what’s with the hair pins? They bug me. I can’t seem to imagine them since I wouldn’t wear pins even when my hair is long.

Still, it is agreeable and original enough to keep me interested. I just wish there were more details, but who am I to ask for them? If the updates keep coming with such frequency, then maybe the length of the chapters won’t be so bothersome.

It’s a very interesting idea, that’s for sure.

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Very short, but I like the brevity of it. Like a brief reference to the "Massacre of Durmstrang" tells me the school was attacked and got it's ass kicked. Dumbledore was bit too late to help that much, etc... without excessive writing explaining the details more explicitly.

Lots of good ideas in this fic. I like the fast-paced movement and wouldn't even care if the entire fic is like 20 chapters and 20,000 words. It's a different sort of style almost, some parts go so quickly. Still enjoyable though.

The first chapter or so had some typoes that kinda bugged me. And typoes don't usually bug me. It's stuff like "lightening" instead of "lightning" or "Profecy" instead of "Prophecy". "Refugee" instead of "refuge". Still words, or close, just the wrong meaning. But mainly the title with "fleething" bugs me. I'm pretty sure that's a typo for "fleeting" but I'm not certain. Typoes in the title are about as unprofessional as you can get. (Just ask Vorlon666 ... oh zinger!)

Looking forward to more though. This is different, and so far that's a good different.

10. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh i gotta agree with most that it's a good story, though im really not a fan of the short chapters! but then that may change? but i like the plot so im stickin it out!

11. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I really like this story, Necromancy is my favorite form of magic nothing like scaring the shit out of you opponite(I kow its spelled wrong) and looking cool doing it.

But really I think this story is pretty original in its views on Necromany not many can do that others just go with someone elses ideas without even taking a sec to think it over and see if it even makes sense. Witch leads to a lot of crapy stories.

12. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    wasn't too bad, much ebtter than the fic i read a while back which had necromancers as the ultimate healer (that was just a wtf moment for me).

This fic is nice and original, and is quite entertaining.

13. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

bleh. and i was planning on posting this today, too. all the good/decent ones are always already posted.....................

i like this, though i too am not a fan of short chapters. Very well written, doesn't give away the plot in one chapter, and is original. Avoids some of those nasty cliches......

i also agree that the spelling is irritating, but...whatever

can't wait for the next chapter.

14. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

i liked it as i have always been interested in the whole necromancer thing. jon337 had it..... sorta in litany but he fucked that up with slow updates and fluer. hope he keeps it up.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Slow updates, yeah. Not so sure about Fleur...that was nice when it was just her. It got lame when he tossed Blaise in, and then Ginny and started focusing a lot on Ron and essentially inserting the Weasel into Harry's hero spot. Oh, and that fucking Mary Sue Malfoy girl. That was the worst part in the entire story.

16. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

I like the whole idea/plot of the story. The chapters are very short though, but I guess he/she makes it up by quick updates.

Whats up with the pins? I was just like going WTF when I read that. I guess if it were a ring or a necklace that would be cliche so its not that bad.

I hope Harry can bring back Fred and George. I love those two guys when they're written right.

Can't wait to read more.

17. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I like the characterization she's using so far. The short chapters aren't so bad to me, really though since I'm from the anime fanfic world to be honest most of the Harry Potter fics seem to me to have rediculously short chapters. The spelling errors while slightly annoying can be attributed to the fact she's only 15\16 years old. Old enough to know better but given the quality so far (minus the spelling) I'm inclined to ignore it in favor of her (hopefully) doing some revising after the story is finished.

This chapter is what I meant about the characterizations. I like the fact that Moody is so suspicous of Harry and that Hermione is doubtful on his status due to the way the adults are responding. Ron's reactions are surprising but I imagine that Harry's willingness to discuss Quidditch made up for alot and made Ron more likely to think the best of Harry. That said isn't it usually the other way around?

Mostly I'm just looking forward to the next chapter to see what happens with Gred and Forge and seeing if Mrs Weasley changes her tune once the twins have been brought back. I'm also looking forward to seeing if she'll have Moody be suspicious of Sirius and the Twins (or if Snape will begin watching any of the people Harry brings back) out of distrust for anyone in Harry's 'undead army' and their loyalties.

Other thoughts are about the hairpins and if they have a meaning more than symbolic; if they only exist in a symbolic way then I'll be looking forward to seeing an explaination based on the principle that Harry earned them and would be damnned if he'd let someone deprive him of the respect he's earned. Otherwise I'll be disappointed and wonder what the point of having them is. Its obvious what Harry is; he brought Sirius back-- Dumbledore and the aurors saw him-- so there's no need to announce his abilities by way of the pins unless as I said before there were an another meaning or purpose for them.

--bornagainpenguin (looking forward to chapter 10!)

18. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Well the new chapter is out.

This is looking good. I'm looking forward to seeing how SSC builds the enviroment now that the idea has been introduced that [spoiler:95e5177b45]Voldemort may also be capable of these feats due to the blood sharing ritual he was reborn with.[/spoiler:95e5177b45]

I just hope the fic continues to be updated this quickly. If I can't have long chapters I'll take having speedy ones in their place. After all, I can always come back in a month or two and read them all at once! :D

--bornagainpenguin

19. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I've just got round to reading this and although it didn't take me long to get through those ridiculously short chapters the story is good. I'm not sure about the hair pins but that neither here nor their in terms of the overall story. The update rate is another good thing as I'm not sure I'd bother reading chapters this short if it took weeks to get a new chapter.

As long as the update rate remains fairly fast then I'll keep up with this fic. If the rate drops and the chapters remain so short then I don't think I will.

20. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    It was a good story. Very original. But I can't really picture Harry with pins in his hair. Too girlish.