1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Write a Fic Together

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by lucis, Oct 24, 2009.

1. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

*blushes*

People are probably waiting for me to fix my scene after the disaster it was... But I've been kind of hiding. I was pretty sure I'd ruined this thread beyond repair...

If you actually want, I can post an improved version.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Perhaps they have been waiting, but perhaps not. I doubt it's irreparable, just inconvenent for Nic to be the one to go out like this. I mean, did Dresden even suffer any short term if nothing else wounds from his encounter?

And I didn't mean to be so biting in my review of your update a few months ago, lucis, but that is a heavy problem wiped out without the usual world-could-end-if-done-wrong results about to go off we are used to seeing whenever someone of Nicodemus' level is knocked off.

It'd be like Marcone choking on an olive or something. An unjust way to die for such a strongly written character. So, give it another shot. Don't quit just yet.

Thank you for the offer, but I'll wait and see how things go from here before even trying to step into that position :eek:

3. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Don't feel bad. It was awful. That's the problem.

I screwed up.

(Great post for #200, eh?)

4. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Fifth Year

Is this still alive?

5. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

I've made an utter fool of myself regarding this thread. I can't lead this project.

If someone else wants to that would be great. I might even try and write something eventually. But someone else needs to.

Update: And they may want to consider starting a new story, too...

6. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Fifth Year

Ah.

It seemed interesting, for whatever that's worth.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    ... I wouldn't say you're unfit to lead. You just tried to resolve a prime problem and try to steer us back into Summer/Winter territory a little sooner than anyone expected. There wasn't much build up for Nicodemus before he's been burnt to the ground.

It would be easy enough to say it was a shapeshifter or something in his image, a conjuration by the real Nicodemus as a test of Dresdens skill-- not to mention potentially fool anyone he could with it for the chance to strike at them later.

But too much time and work has been invested in this story to see it killed.

I admit, I'm trying my hand at a chapter that takes place over/instead of yours, lucis, since no one seems to be going for a chapter after that, but I honestly don't know if it'll be any better or worse than what is already up and they may still be unhappy with it(you can bet your asses I'm going to do my best to make it readable) regardless.

It's been a few months since I tried my hand at anything Dresden. I still need to re-read from books 4 onward to refresh my mind of the finer details, but overall I feel I can put up something fair.

EDIT: And.. it's up. Here's to a recovery of progress.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So. Another failure?

I'd like to contribute to the new co-op fic, but I'm still waiting for Changes to arrive, and I'm not willing to learn anything from it ahead of time.

However if my efforts as seen thus far are not up-to-par, I'd rather find that out now than plan on helping out down the road and be shot down.