1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a sounding board.

Discussion in 'Original Fiction Discussion' started by Riley, May 23, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I am currently just writing this thing, I have no idea how long it will end up being but I'm shooting for about 45,000-50,000 words and I'm in need of someone to read it as I write and to keep me on track whilst reminding me to write it.

Summary: The Short Year is only ninety days, but it's 90 days of tournaments and skilled fighting. Ninety days in which feuds and quarrels are resolved and enemies conquered to bring about new alliances and friendships. The continent of Reupore is now faced with a new Short Year, why then does it feel like it's going to be a long one?

It's essentially fantasy with some other hints of post-apocalypse mixed in. No zombies or mutants (unless you count hedge-witches). It's got knights, minor politics, intrigue and battles. As mentioned above, I'd really appreciate someone willing to help me write this and polish it up for a release hopefully via Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook. I would include credit where it's due at the time of publishing and write now I have about 4k words.

If you're interested, please PM me here and I'll throw you my email as well as a link to a QT in which I've placed all my notes so far.

Thanks to anyone who's interested in helping, and as much as I'd love to have a bunch of people helping, I only really want 1-2 people.

Again, thanks for any help.

2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I don't have the time, but I wish you luck with your endeavor.