1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Prequel ObiWan stories.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by nahdawg, Jan 10, 2017.

1. nahdawg

nahdawg First Year

Any good prequel-Episode IV Obiwan stories? I'm not really looking for time travel stories. Just AU divergences if possible. They don't have to feature other characters necessarily. The primary focus should be on Obiwan.

2. CheddarTrek

CheddarTrek Set Phasers to Melt Moderator DLP Supporter

Ruth Baulding has a lot of readable Obi-Want fiction, though most of it might be a bit too early for you. It's sort of... rewriting the Jedi Apprentice series, I think? But there's a few later stories as well if I remember right, and I think it eventually gets up to meeting Anakin.

So... yeah. Mostly I associate that author with "decent young Obi-Wan" but it doesn't really fit your recommendations as it's, uh... pre-prequel?

I think I've only read one story featuring Obi-Wan that look place in-between the prequels and episode IV and I remember it being poorly written. The author had him trying to find and train Jedi younglings in secret by dropping them off on Dagobah with Yoda - child!Luke was one of them. Can't seem to find a link or a name for it.

3. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

I'm finding myself on a bit of a Star Wars kick recently and this thread is exactly what I'm looking for.

So...anyone know any good early Obi-Wan stories? Pre prequel would be fine too (Jedi Apprentice era, etc.). When I looked, most Obi-Wan stories of that time were either dreadful hurt/comfort fics with Obi-Wan as a crybaby or they were Slash, which isn't my cup of tea either.

If anyone knows some good stories (perhaps someone wrote some in the last six plus months since this thread was updated?) I would be grateful. BTW, if someone knows some good KOTOR stories, feel free to tell me too (best Star Wars era, anyway :p ). :D Thanks guys.