1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Reload by Case13 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Janus, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

quoted for truth.

One of the most original ff in Naruto fandom.

2. Khortez

Khortez Third Year

Stray Cat Strut. It is perhaps one of the better Bleach fics I've read, plus it has more side characters that don't get much screen time in most fics.

3. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing.

And he left a cliffhanger!

But Art of the Deal and Livewire are the next best, with Reload behind them and everything else way back.

4. Apothem

Apothem Third Year

Fosfor is... Meh.

He's like a slightly worse version of Kraken's Ghost, with ten million more stories that will never see another update.

His writing is just as, if not more confusing, and you'll be halfway through a fic of his before something else happens and you have to go reread the entire fic, desperately trying to figure out just when the hell those events occured.

This fic is alright, just like it's author. Nothing more, nothing less.

5. Fosfor

Fosfor Muggle

Being compared to Kraken's Ghost... what oh what shall I do! It is so... huh, wait, actually, you paid me a compliment. Imagine that.

Seriously though, some of us have other things than fanfiction to worry about, like a job for example. Also, aside form Reload, which is crytpic and strange most of the time simply because I have fun with it, most people don't have such a huge problem you seem to have with my fics. Though maybe that's because they don't like all of their plot to be served on a silver platter right from the chapter one with a complete guide and a map.

Bottom line is, fanfiction is just a diversion for me, so don't expect me to devote my every waking moment to it. I write what I want, when I want and how I want. I am not going to please everyone and I am not going to even try.

Also, a million stories never seeing an update? That's debatable. None of my stories are dead, all are being worked on. That I don't post it right away doesn't mean a thing. Take Stray Cat Strut for example - it had no update for a year, true enough. It isn't dead though and new chapters are being worked on as we speak, along with a large side-story, the same with Warborn. If you didn't know that, last time Griever and I waited until we had entire storyline of the first arc of SCS had been completed before we posted the first chapter - it is going to be the same this time around.

The Art of the Deal has a nearly finished fifth and sixth chapter I have been working on on and off for the last month. When they will be posted I have no idea. Maybe this week, maybe next month. But that doesn't mean I forgot about them and will never update. Last year had been very busy for me and I had almost no time at all to write so I did slow down quite a bit, but that's life. As I said, I am not going to devote my time solely to writing fanfics.

6. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Wow fosfor posted here...

But yeah, I think I agree, Reload is Fosfor's only story to really be "confusing" in a way... and ambiguity does help out a plot. I wish more authors were less direct with their writing.

The only problem I have with this story is it seems over the top sometimes. What with Naruto's bizarre seal abilities and Sasuke's shamelessness. I guess that's what's makes it fun though.

7. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Hug you:p

Thanks allot for this post. Very glad to hear that we will have a chance to read more of this fic.

8. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

*Blinks rapidly.*

Holy crap, the captain posted on DLP? The world must be coming to an end, what with there not being a larger bunch of hecklers, elitists, bastards and all-around whiny over critical bitches than is concentrated on this site.

xP Thought you hated that sort of stuff Fosfor.

Though, while your here (if you're still here), I'm curious as to how accurate my interpretation of your genjutsu fight was. It back on the first page post... ten I believe.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  9. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Eh.. I actually don't think any of his stories are really that confusing. There is some foreshadowing and somewhat vague and out-there references, but it doesn't take away from the overall effect.

While I don't like Wolf, it is nice to hear that new chapters of Art of the Deal and Stray Cat Strut are in the works.

10. Fosfor

Fosfor Muggle

Actually, I heard that, apparently, I somehow became an arrogant, overhyped douchebag which prompted me to come along and see that curious bit of proven information for myself. Which is pretty damn amusing given I at least try to be reasonably civil, repeatedly asked to stop with the hype and rarely had been rude to anyone unless provoked or annoyed. But then internet - being the source of completely true, one hundred percent confirmed data - probably knows better than I, so who am I to argue?

Besides, I will admit to perusing DLP's library to find some good HP fics, so I thought that I should at least register.

As for your idea about the Sasuke/Itachi confrontation, it is right in most ways that matter. The rest is just me playing with that story and referencing a bunch of obscure stuff that is really only amusing for someone who is writing this horrendouly vague and convulted crackfic. As I said before, I write Reload for myself as pure stress relief and it shows in every line.

11. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Huh, cool to see Fosfor on DLP.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy most of Fosfor's works, the only story I'm actually looking forward to reading is Mirage.

12. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I can vaguely remember all of Fosfor's stories. I know Reload because it sticks out. The others I have forgotten about and will probably reread them to remind myself of their plot when new chapters come out.

What I can say about Reload is that it is very different at least. One of the few stories that when I get that e-mail saying there was an update makes me say, "Awesome."

13. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

YES! QUOTED FOR FUCKING TRUTH! XD

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Topic; Back on it, get to. kthx.

Reload is a joy to read, and I hope we get the next snippet for the current wip chapter soon, though no rush is required.

15. Karnath

Karnath First Year

According to a post by Fosfor on TFF he is done with Naruto for a while and will instead be working on his Bleach stuff.

16. blob

blob Seventh Year

So, here I am, reading Reload for n-th time, and since my brain is fueled by large quantities of beer, I've decided to find out what are those guys and forum that can be found on author's notes in hope that there might be more of this shit.

Imagine my surprise when I find this page on Google, instead of TFF.

Since the last reply was 3 years ago, I thought that it's a good idea to bump up this goodness. Honestly, this must be one of the best crackfics around, and personally it tops my list of longer-than-oneshot crack. There is just so much madness and random fuckery that I can read it over and over again and never get tired. Such a shame that the author seemingly abandoned it. Frankly, it's kind of hard to write a summary about it - but it's definitely one of the fics that you really should give a chance.

(I'd also like to point out that if you disliked the Sasuke/Itachi part, there is something wrong with you)

Definitely 5/5 from me.

Also, I have a request for you guys. I've tried to register of TFF to check out his other stories which can only be found there, but the registration is closed. Since I don't want to pester the admin with such mundane shit, I would greatly appreciate it if a person who has/had an account there that he doesn't need (or hell, even if you use it - I just want to lurk) would share his login data via PM. I want to get my fix, damn it, which seems to be at all-time-low in Naruto section, and I'm fairly sure that Case13/Fosfor's work will help with it.

17. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

TFF essentially suffers from an absent moderator who decided one day that instead of having to deal with the occassional troll he would just ban all the offenders and stop letting people make new accounts. Upon his disappearance a few folks made an archive for all the popular TFF fics: http://z13.invisionfree.com/TFF_Archive/index.php though I'm not sure whether or not Reload has any more chapters than are present on ff.net.

Edit: Actually, immediately having said that I just realised that Reload isn't in the archive though you could ask the WizardOne to add it. Also, Case13 is known as Fosfor on TFF if you felt like reading some of his other work which is along a similar vein stylistically.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  18. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fosfor deleted large numbers of his works from TFF before going off to some other forum. Don't expect too much out of TFF, the community has suffered these past few years.

19. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Which wasn't much of a loss. Fosfor's talent never seemed to really improve, he never finished anything he wrote and if you try giving him any constructive criticism he rage quits the story.

20. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meh, this. Honestly. Some years ago this fic was a 4.5... now it's a 3.5 at best, rounded down to 3 for Fosfor's terrible attitude.