1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Scorpius Malfoy and the Improbable Plot by opalish - T?

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Heleor, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Title: Scorpius Malfoy and the Improbable Plot
    Author: opalish
    Rating: T
    Genre: none
    DLP Category: Humor
    Pairing: Canon
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 47,805
    Updated: October 31, 2009
    Published: June 29, 2008

Summary: Scorpius really should have listened to his father's numerous and dire warnings about the Potter clan. Harry feels his pain. Gen crackfic WIP, yo. Seriously, so cracky.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4357627/1/

Yes, it's a next-gen fic. If you can get over the canon pairings, it's actually well-written and actually pretty funny. I'm not all the way through, but I'm 5 chapters in and enjoying every bit of it.

It's pretty cracky, and so far there's very little semblance of a plot, but (at least the beginning) is Harry-centric, and I think if it does become children-centric, it would still remain interesting. The author actually added (gasp) character to the names that JKR provided us.

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  2. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

It's very well written. It starts out really well, and I was ROTFL at many points. I started to lose interests as the story went along though. The humor is still there, but seemed a little forced at times. Time/dimensional travel made me roll my eyes, but it didn't really detract from the funny either.

An entertaining read, good crackfic with some great lines. Unfortunately, its hasn't been updated for over a year and is likely abandoned. Still, 4/5

3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

The only problem with this story is that it has not been updated for over a year.

Read it long ago. Enjoyed it very much then.

4/5

4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Couldn't get passed the 1st chapter myself. The first chapter didn't really draw me in. I'd rate it 3/5, but I'm not going to rate the story, since I did not read very much of it.

5. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reasonably amusing, although it gets really crackfic at times, which doesn't work for me in a fic that is trying not to be one (according to the author's notes). The characterization of the kids gets a bit tired over time, and it takes too long to get to the interesting parts. And then it takes too long being boring a lot, also. Middle of the road, not great, okay story.

3/5

6. Remmy

Remmy Fourth Year

Started well, got bored after a point and it wasn't that funny after a few chapters. The beginning worked though. It was also nice to see the children had personalities to an extent beyond meaningless fluff as seen in other fics. Lily Potter kind of scares me a little. But it hasn't been updated in a while so I decided not to bother continuing.

1 for good writing, 1 for proper grammar and punctuation and a surprisingly good vocabulary, 1 for being funny and having its moments and .5 for Lily, she grew on me.

3.5/5

7. Photon

Photon Order Member

It is crackfic - therefore either you get it or you don't. This one failed for me, it was neither funny nor interesting. No new ideas, no plot, no humour. On top of this it is abandoned and I dislike all described characters (I have no clear idea how the last thing happened).

1/5 as I was unable to read it past the second chapter, but I can imagine that for somebody who likes this humour it may be 5/5, with correction to 4/5 as it is abandoned.

I think that it is currently the worst story on main list of the DLP library.

8. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Lily was funny as hell, as well as some of the other characters.

It was crack, whether the author was trying for that or not. 3.5/5, rouded up to 4.