1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Story Content:
    Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Three Ends!

Discussion is had.

The villagers collectively kind of shrug and decide Abigail has to have played a part in the brutal killing of the Mayor, and several of their friends.

I mean, she eats rocks, that just isn't right.

Abigail shrugs back at them as the noose is tied.

And dies.

Mallorean Thug has been lynched!

He was Abigail, Town Vanilla.

Day End Vote Count
    Mallorean Thug (7): Typhon, Miner, Fontisian, MathBlade, His Fluffiness, Cobalt, Quiddity
    Fontisian (1): Mallorean Thug
    His Fluffiness (1): Ecophagy

Abstaining (1): DLGN

With 10 alive it is 6 to soft lynch and 8 to hard lynch.

Night Three ends in roughly 24 hours! Night may be shortened slightly if all relevant Night Actions are in.​

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I bought some strawberry jam today, I figure it'll go great in sandwiches as ~filler~

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No wait stop I forgot to filler.

4. Story Content:
    Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Four Begins!

The sun rises. Bleary-eyed and yawning, you congregate in the Town Square. Some Coffee brewed over in Stardew Valley by the nice young farmer helps perk everyone up, and you realize one of your number is missing.

Linus is found, unmoving, by the cave. He almost looks peaceful, if you ignore the blood splattered everywhere.

Nervousness is abound. So many of your number dead, and only one of the culprits strung up. You know there must be more out there, but who could they be? You get the feeling that your time is running out if you can't answer that question.

Typhon has died in the night!

He was Linus, Town Tracker.

Livelist

Cobalt
    DLGN
    Ecophagy (r. CrimsonFox (r. Corrdorr))
    Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    Mathblade
    Miner
    Quiddity

With 8 alive, it is 5 to soft lynch, and 7 to hard lynch.

Daystart!

Day Four ends in ~72 hours - February 2nd at 7:00 PST/10:00 PM EST

Day Four End

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Mal not being scum has made me lose the will to live.

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

I think Math / Miner / Q pretty much solves it.

Fonti most likely town.

I'm starting to see Eco as more town.

Fluff still more towny than most.

6. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    GG Typhon and Mal!

Typhon asked for dLGN, which I neglected yesterday. Here's where we left off, way back in D2:

TL;DR dLGN isn't focused on catching scum, he's focused on looking good and being town read. This is evidenced by his behaviour in attempting to alter the record, and his attitudes to those who call him out.

This also fits well with his behaviour at EoD1, as he's trying to stay off wagon, knowing that the Von/Delphine force is powerful enough to force through a wagon, and if it ends up on tom then any scumminess he has will be conditional on Jarizok, who would flip town.

I haven't had a chance to do a more in-depth (well I did, but I was focused on Eco because I'd never looked at him, and Mal, because I wanted to see if I was happy with that lynch...), so you get to do this with me.

~~~~~

dLGN goes with the Typhon push out the gate. Never understood that, but at least one town liked it, so whatever.

Pushes fluffy and Mathblade in his first independent read. Weird phrasing on fluffy, who he doubtcasts for his Typhon vote which he also joined without much contribution. One of these is probably a partner, which is a slight -ve for fluff, but probably just Math.

Fonti discussion starts in 890. I'm not going to revisit, long-form is above. I'll only note 890 is used to dismiss an early criticism of him by Mal of appeasing, which is the start of his defensive behaviour.

Throws shade at Jan for a quick fonti town read, never revisited.

Some of dLGN's posts look setup to bank a fonti lynch later, especially after it was clear she wasn't going to be lynched (here, here, note the "interesting" too). This also fits really well with a scum team that was doing very well, and thus confident in fonti not being right. Maybe indicates away from /Mathblade?

Good post. Hey, I'm even handed! Still, you'll note it focuses on the meta.

---Self vote happens----

dLGN has only posted "????" at Jarizok, and then he comes out with this

This is bad because it shows how he's got his reaction all planned out. He's already acting like he's posted this already. He actually hasn't tried to talk Jarizok down from the fence, or done anything around this lynch, or anything at all.

But he's already got that figured out. I can just picture him rubbing his hands with glee. He knows how good that emotional rollercoaster can be in clearing him. I don't have the DLP contacts for it, but this is the basic strat Ryan and I used in this game to clear ourselves to the win as scum.

And if you actually read his play around it, he's not really trying to save Jarizok. In here for instance, he's just using it as an excuse to snipe at people self-righteously in the thread.

Sure, it wasn't an amazing lynch. I primarily joined it to get a lynch out of the day. But there's shitting on a bad lynch and then there's trying to get something else to happen again. And dLGN consistently works upon the former. tom is a townread, but he keeps repeating that's better than Jarizok, but guess what? No vote. Casts shade at Typhon/Mal, no vote. Votes fonti long after it's clear that isn't happening, and doesn't campaign for it, doesn't do anything. Briefly talks to Delphine, who's been pro-fonti forever. And, of course, when push comes to shove, and he's on as the tom!push is actually happening, he's not prepared to go with it.

I think dLGN saw this as a great setup to leave the town reeling for days. His performance is crafted to a) get him town cred by staying off the wagons, and b) set up for the next few days to be dominated by fonti/tom. And once fonti is lynched, no one would have blamed him for it, as he's not the architect of that push.

Thankfully, fonti short-circuited that with her claim.

Anyway. That's Day 1, I'll do D2&3 later, in ~5 hrs.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Briefly, I'm thinking

Math/dLGN (fonti)
    Miner/dLGN (fonti)
    Math/Miner/dLGN
    Math/Miner (fonti)

In that order. Pretty sure Cobalt and fluff are town, and analysis of Eco holds.

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I'm hurt, Cobalt.

Why isn't dLGN even on the list?

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Quiddity a lot of your analysis on Eco was about how he looked good for putting pressure on Mal. But now that we know mal was town, you say your read on him hasn't changed at all?

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Cobalt I think you're town, but I also think you're wrong about Eco, and we can't afford to be wrong today. What do you think he's town?

8. Quiddity

High Score:
    Uhh, no?

My point was that Eco's opening wall is really weird unless Mal is scum. Just look at it.

Got to go.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Fuck my phone, that what was supposed to be a why.

---------- Post automerged 01-31-2017 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-30-2017 at 11:45 PM ----------
    dLGN fontisian MathBlade Ecophagy Miner

We are currently in MYLO, and we need all of you to come if you are town and explain who you think we should lynch and why. We cannot afford to just passively do nothing.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I'm just very very confused by the Mal flip. I'd say scum have a tailor but without this being an open set up that'd be bastard...So I'm just stumped atm. Like I really think Cobalt is scum but that's just me and my insanity apparently that I think Cobalt is just waiting for an excuse to mislynch me but then Typhon said I was wrong and believed him and went and looked at Mal and now I'm just like....wtf.

11. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    I believe we need a mass claim now. I'll start: I'm Pierre and I'm vanilla town.

Right now, I'm very much on the "lynch Fluff" plan. I was harbouring doubts yesterDay about him and Mal being on the same team, but that's turned out to be unfounded. I am suddenly Fluff's top scum read purely because of OMGUS. He keeps accusing me of reaching, but everyone actually agrees with my case, they just don't think it's alignment indicative for fluff.
    MathBlade: I still think you're scum too. Let's see some more engagement. That actually goes for everyone: the posting rate has been surprisingly low over the past few game Days.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I may not be sure who the scum are but I know mass claim is stupid. I will never claim unless at L-1. Buzz off. Pants on.

---------- Post automerged at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

I honestly have no clue. Gut says Cobalt but I kinda have to have someone I would lynch sooo....I am such completely and utterly mindfucked and I am hoping responses today clarify somewhat.

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    What's a Tailor?

I don't see how this helps, but I'm Caroline, and I'm vanilla town.

When did fluff say you're reaching?

---------- Post automerged at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

Math, we need 5 to lynch, so Cobalt is a pretty unlikely lynch given, off the top of my head, my/Eco/fluff's reads on him, but pitch it.

This is mylo, so if you're town we need to work together.

What do you think of dLGN?

That goes for the entire thread, actually. I think only Eco engaged with it the first time around.

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I will not be voting for fluff or cobalt.

I intend to lynch both math and dlgn.

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    Show your working please, font?

Like I'm mind melding you hard, but that came out of nowhere, and we really need more or else we end up in lylo without being sure if you're SK.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Everything fluff posts screams town and cobalt gave himself an excuse to lurk Day 1 only to immediately break it because he genuinely got invested in game solving. You mind melded with me.

Dlgn positioning is overly easy and his game solving is subpar. Math no longer gets the protection of a scummy Mal push.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This isn't like Fonti to lie. I did not push Mal. Mal was suggested over Cobalt.

Lynch me and Die Fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

I reevaluated. Fonti needs rope.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 ----------

If it's mylo we no lynch or we lynch Fontisian.

A tailor is someone who is allowed to change a mod flip. Very bastard unless announced before hand.

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 ----------

And I don't need "protection". I'm not a kid. I am town Fonti you just didn't want to poke the sleeping bear in case I got all tunnelly.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Vote Mathblade

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 AM ----------

That's basically a scumclaim. It's mylo and he wants to lynch SK.

That stuff I said about dLGN wanting fonti as a backup lynch until the Vig claim ruined It? I nearly wrote down that I'd treat a fonti push as a scum claim then and there.

---------- Post automerged at 05:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Fonti's reasoning is good, especially on Cobalt. There's a depth to it, I'd never thought about the lurker out part of it before.

(Though that's not how I envision the Vanilla post: wasn't that more he loved being vanilla and would want to play more because of It?)

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

1) I am a they.
    2) Honestly I'm trusting Typhon here. They said Fonti could be group scum and Fonti is the only one I find something wrong with.

I have no fucking clue atm and I'm not going to pretend I do.

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    Gah, sorry Mathblade. I'm too tired right now.

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

What do you think about dLGN? You dodged that earlier.