1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The End of a War by Mr. Clark - T - Halo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Andro, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Title: The End of a War
    Author: Mr. Clark
    Genre: Adventure/Suspense
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Master Chief/Janissary James
    Summary: Truth has taken the Forerunner ship and is on his way to the Ark. Keyes and Johnson have stopped Installation 05 from firing, but the failsafes have been activated. Janissary James and the others on Earth are ready to take the fight to the Covenant.
    Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2168082/1/The_End_of_a_War

This story incorporates the I Love Bees promotional event for Halo 2, hence the involvement of Janissary James and some other characters. I have yet to figure out if Janissary is her title or her first name. Are they not the special units of the Turks in Age of Empires that wield rifles, and totally own every other civilization?

I digress, even though I have no knowledge whatsoever of it, it has been more gripping than any other fic I've ever read. It isn't every fic, or even every professionally written story, that I can call immersive, but I think it applies to this one.

Some of the parts between the Janissary and the Master Chief was very poignant and moving - the most powerful part occurred when they weren't even in each other's presence.

Another upside is the in-depth background woven for the Forerunners, the near apocryphal beings mentioned in the games. The author recently closed the arc with the Forerunners, but what a ride.

The epicness is especially prevalent in the Johnson scenes.

This is also much more Master-Chief-centric than Halo 3: Collapse, its only equal in the fandom.

Definitely something to read. 5/5