1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Aekiel/EricF were really obvious, and I thought Rubicon was doing fine but he had to attract heat too.

My stance on bussing when the game started was "When in doubt bus" or "bus if your town self would pick up on those slips", or probably "bus in ways your town self would you call you town if he was playing".

That leads to a lot of dead teammates though. :x

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Personally, I think it's fine, Prophylaxis. I've grown used to Lexicat, and I've grown used to you :p

Also, I dunno about everyone else, but Mafia's Mafia, and the rest of the forum/outside the game is something else.

Though:
    How the fuck would you know? o_O

Edit:
    Yeah, I kept thinking, you would have lynched your possible teammate all by yourself if they had come around on EricF rather than fonti, so you couldn't possibly ... :|

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Uh, you mentioned it in one of your posts. I was really paranoid that you would explode on me so I reread your posts a bunch of times to see if you have any real reads on me.

Let me find it...

---------- Post automerged at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Also I had no idea why the wagons on Kai and font appeared. I was ready to declare both of them semi-town reads by the end of Day 1 :confused:

4. Sesc

Ah, lol. For a second I thought you had a look right into my brain (or at least my qt), because I actually went back and forth for hours tonight before I settled on Vira.

Yeah, that quote was from before I had enough time to re-read the thread and really figure out all the role stuff. The order later flipped in my head -- the latest info out of the thread you could have had was the roleclaim order.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I have no idea either. Rubicon hit me with an obviously junk wall, fontisians posts were all taking me out of context and generally horrible, then stojil the priest rocks up and votes the one person in the game more likely to get night killed than he is.

At that point I was like fuck it baylife.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Well, I stepped put, but man, I feel incompetent. Almost everyone was thinking Me/Vira were scum by the end and I started out as a fairly obvious Town, according to most people. Really didn't do myself to many favors, playing the "New Player," card so much, but to be fair I WAS completely lost most of the time and the other times I was so paranoid it's not even funny.

Might try to get into these kind of games again when I have a better understanding of what exactly I'm supposed to do as town. The sad thing is, I'm fairly sure I would've been more competent as Scum, than Town.

7. Sesc

"Probellum", you played the entire game exactly the same way. If you were suspicious at the end, it was also because of your early play. I had the greatest problem finding anything of substance for you to judge you by, and it totally didn't help that Vira was lurking even harder as your replacement.

Mafia isn't "hard", and you can't really play it "wrong". Bad, sure, but not wrong. It's a game of interaction with other people. If you don't interact with people, it's impossible to decide where you stand.

The only thing of note was your concern with how Judges worked D1, which was why I put you down as the Judge, originally. Should've stuck with that :?

8. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Proph

Good game. I wasn't sure between you, blab or Vira. But you aggro'ing me after blab did kind of made me more suspicious of you. I really don't know how to respond when I get aggro'ed so I kind of decided to roll over and die. Sorry town. Should have tried harder.

---------- Post automerged at 16:24 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

And now I realize why blab aggro'ed the hell out of me. Hindsight = 20/20.

9. KaiDASH

Rolling over and dying, as town, lategame, is absolutely the worst possible play.

You are the only one with the vital information town needs to not make a huge mistake: You know you are town.

That said I am sad at bill door for not realizing you are town. There's no way a witch aggros titus on day 3, potentially causing titus to claim and confirm sesc / BD innocent, while scum has no way to kill them.

10. blab

blab Second Year

Congratz, Proph.
    Bussing apparently has paid of.

Still don't understand Kai. ):

I'm also honestly surprised I survived so long. As soon as Zircon claimed clown and it became apparent what Titus did with his lump thing, I was sure I was about to get souped. (what with me coordinating clown/oracle target, not being the clown...)

Oh, and my "mistake" confirmation on Zircon was a basically a ploy to find scum by looking who jumped on the save!Rubicon train. Then I turned on my brain and noticed that that plan was retarded. All other mistakes, misunderstanding of rules, etc. are 100% real though ):

On another note, I shouldn't have needled fontisian when I did. Note: Dont needle people needlessly when you think they are town (because I was sure Kai as scum too)

@Wetnurse Because of "Rubicon was scum, I can pretty much vouch for it"?

11. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@blab

I think this was it.

I quickly followed that with the second part because I realized that Oracle might decide to CC me.

I was trying to draw an Oracle!soup at myself, while having a bit of a leeway to claim Vig later on. I didn't expect that the Oracle would aggro me for that claim.

12. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Oh, by the way I think that if Proph didn't soup, there was probably no way scum won. I was also really shocked that he didn't notice it, and was about to kill BD, when the best scum can do is tie if it is just him against DoB

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Damn it. I made a load of really, really stupid mistakes this game. Calling Titus out on the lump votes(sorry about getting you souped), not letting eric's claim play for a bit longer, etc. This game is gonna really annoy me for a while now, there were so many ways we could have won it.

@Kai-

I'mm a coming for you. I'm still not sure what you were actually trying to achieve with that, like, seriously????

I'm similarly still a bit confused by what Fonti was up to day 2.

@Proudboar The only thing you really did wrong was stop playing. You had been doing fine up until that point, managing to be pretty much universally considered as town while never claiming is a lot harder to do than you'd think but you did it. The only reason people started to doubt you towards the end is that eventually we have to look at everyone who isn't somehow confirmed town.

@jwlk Trust me, if I saw an oppourtunity to claim Priest I would have done it in a heratbeat. I've always wanted to do that.

Well played Proph.

14. KaiDASH

I think you had all the pieces to do a game winning claim:

You know Sesc was checked.

Blab kind of has to be oracle (and thus town)

Wetnurse is almost definitely town based on d3 titus plays? (see my last post)

And you're claiming priest, which leaves just Vira and Prophylaxis. Of course you'd need to be supremely confident in your reads to do this, which I guess you weren't.

And nobody is in a position to counterclaim you unless blab does it. But you could leave blab out of your claim and it'd still be good (takes the d4 lynch off of a for sure town onto someone else).

I totally would have done it though!

15. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Just to be clear, the annoyance stops at GG. But since you asked (also somewhere in your QT), yeah, I do believe you were playing badly early on not matter what you were.

Being town means more than finding and killing scum. It means helping other townies do it and (in 99% of cases) looking like a townie while you do it. As scum, obviously, you want to look like town, so your want to look like you're helping townies etc.

Being unhelpful is antitown and annoying. Like I said in my very first post, would lynch even as soft townread. Then I also strated thinking you were scummy, so it became would lynch really really hard.

FUCKING LOL.

Oh the irony. Oh the hypocrisy. Oh the badness.

16. KaiDASH

There is pretty obviously a significant difference in how what happened, happened.

But ok. Thanks for your opinion!

17. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Some other stuff that I thought of now I'm actually awake.

It seems that hard bussing your teammates is an annoyingly effective tactic.

@Titus I don't think you really needed to do your whole lump vote thing. I was able to work out who you had checked just by your play before I actually worked out the meaning of the lump votes(not my proudest moment, admittedly)

Seriously Kai, wtf did you expect to happen with your claim???

18. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Well. You didn't actually roll over and die because there was a 0.0000000000001% chance that a medically retarded Judge wouldn't have killed you.

Man, 4 vs. 4 with Aekiel who had pretty much disappeared and on whom you had a scumread, anyway, looks like the perfect situation not to try an unreasonable gambit and to try to get him lynched, instead.

I feel for fontisian. If I had been in the game on day 2, I think I would have been lynched for pushing a Luckylee lynch in a scum!Kai world.

19. KaiDASH

You'll note that that is exactly what I did

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=676359&postcount=197 (~19 hours left in day)

Then blab just ignores everything that happens, fontisian counterwalls (with a lynch vote) me based on aekiel meta, and you post non-commitaly while leaving your lynch vote parked on me (also not commenting on aekiel).

I post another thing as to why Fontisian is wrong and Aekiel is definitely scum, she brushes it off with more aekiel meta and luckylee votes to lynch me while not commenting at all on Aekiel. At this point day has about 8 hours left and fuck all has happened re: the aekiel train, while I continue to look 'defensive' or some other contrived bullshit and I'm turning into the easy apathy lynch - not Aekiel.

Saying it was 4v4 and I should have pushed for Aekiel to be lynched totally ignores the context of what was happening: I WAS pushing for Aekiel to be lynched AND people were moving off of other votes on to me. While pointedly not talking about Aekiel.

20. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Come on, Kai, this isn't your first game on DLP (and I'm betting everywhere else is the same on this front): how many times did you see a last minute lynch? I think pretty much every game on here has at least one. In 8 hours, anything can happen. I have seen much direr situations than yours completely flip over in the last hour!

Besides, you were the fucking Crusader! Even claiming the role or just saying you could have proven yourself to us would have worked worlds better than what you did.

Honestly, it didn't make any kind of sense.