1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tips and Tricks to Improving Your Game

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Evan Tide, May 10, 2012.

1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Just thought I'd point out the only full caster mage mibu has runs four points in mental force and none in Brute Force. His 9/21/0 Yorick page runs brute force though, but I doubt you use that for your general ap champions.

I thought you main ap mid champs and use brute force for all of them? (Besides Karthus)

2. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

1. Because guys like Kassadin, Gragas, Fizz and Katarina are melee.
    2. To manipulate the creep line.

3. Mibu

Mibu First Year

I love how biased you wrote this...

He has 8 pages, 6 of which have 3 points in Brute Force, only 2 of the 8 have 3 points in Mental Force instead.

He only has 1 page in total, and he uses Brute Force instead of Mental Force.

His last game was in dominion, where you don't have to lane.

He has 9 pages... 8 of them, he uses Brute Force rather than Mental Force. Then one of them has 3 points in Brutal Force and 3 points in Mental Force.

I have no clue who this is.. What is TD?

4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

1) And are they ranged auto attackers with 475 or lower range, which is what the entire fucking argument has been about? No? Shut the fuck up.

2) And I want 3 AD mitigated by armor over +4 true damage to minions and 1 AD for this why?

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

You honestly missed the entire point of my post. So I will spell it out for you. Even the top players use different types of masteries because of how they feel the masteries work with the champion they are playing. They have their own preferences just like players at a lower level do.

This does NOT mean they are not auto attacking and this does NOT mean players at our level are not auto attacking. They are. Whether or not they like to use Brute Force over Mental Force is all fucking preference.

OOT: As far as who TD is, you apparently keep terrible track of the pro scene for someone who first brought them into the conversation. TD is Team Dynamic formerly known as Mono E-Sports or (Mm). They took 4th place at IPL4 and made rather large waves there.

6. Mibu

Mibu First Year

I've been following e-sports since before you grew hair on your nuts.

That's not my account lol, its just a fan.

7. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

-,- I can't believe you complain about bias and then write your own post. That whole 6/8 bullshit etc. Are you looking at only AP pages? Let's assume a AP page would include Arcane knowledge as a mastery point, unless you disagree. ReginaId has 2 ap pages, 1 that uses 3 points in Mental Force and 1 that uses 3 points in Brute force. Pages 3+6 and 5+9 are identical, so I'm saying two pages.

I don't want to spend time looking at the rest, but I'm quite certain that they use both, depending on the AP champ they play.

edit: My bad, didn't know it wasn't your account. I've played with mibu a couple of times though, so I thought it was you. I asked some others in order to confirm before I posted, but I guess we were wrong.

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Nice argument. A one line post that is nothing but an insult. Completly ignoring the parts of the post that actually refute what you are trying to say. I'd love to know where you went to school to construct arguments.

As far as the post about your summoner name, then why not simply give it out so that you're not just talking out your ass, eh?

9. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

No. No they are not. Which is why you, as a ranged auto attacker with 475 range should be auto attacking them. I was pretty sure that was what you were asking with "Why the hell would I auto attack harass on a champ with 475 range?" but hey maybe I was wrong. Maybe you were actually asking why you'd ever harass someone who does have 475 range. And the answer there would be you have more than 475 range. Play Annie.

That was actually just answering why you'd auto harass a champion, but since you asked: the +4 damage to minions doesn't help you damage champions or turrets.

10. Mibu

Mibu First Year

lol

You're saying I missed the entire point of your post, when really, I said how the examples you used were all biased. Now you're trying to say the examples you used werent the main points of your of your post? And, ironically the examples you used actually favor what I've been trying to say: 3 points in Brute Force is better on AP carries than 3 points in Mental force.

It's not about preference; using movement speed quints over AP qunits is preference, using the utility tree instead of the offensive tree is preference, because if you play in accordance to the difference it can work. Taking 3 AD over 3 AP on most of the AP champions isnt preference; it's like saying "I would prefer to have 2 AD instead of 3 AD, I want to do less damage after all," or "I would prefer to take blue buff instead of giving it to the AP carry."

I've already pointed out that there are a few cases where Mental Force is better than Brutal Force. (Karthus for example, maybe Mordekaiser and Gragas too)

I know how people play at your level, but unlike you, I also know how people play at the pro level because I've played against some of them. I havent played against the best pro teams like CLG, but I have played against many 2k+ elo teams in scrims. The best team I've played against was 4not (where coincidently I got destroyed by auto attacks that had +3 AD).

I'm honestly not trying to say that I'm good at this game and that I know everything; I'm just saying that you're bad at this game and you know very little. No one knows very much until they actually start playing games as a team. It's nearly impossible to learn this game from just solo queue; sure you can learn from watching streams from IPL (not solo queue), but it's a lot different from actually doing it yourself.

I'm really not that good; I quit because I couldn't keep up against the good 2k+ elo teams, I was the lowest elo on my team (low 1700/high 1600 not that elo really matters), and I was maybe the weakest link on the team. I know I'm coming off as really arrogant considering I'm not that good; but obviously, I'm frustrated because you don't know very much but you're acting like everything I say is wrong. You're not trying to see from my prespective because you're too busy trying to prove me wrong.

Then you say I don't know the pro scene even though I know more about it than you probably ever will, which pisses me off. If TD is a relatively new team, then I havent heard of them because I havent played or watched LoL in months; my elo has decayed all the way down to 1581.

Let me guess: I've completely missed the entire point of your post or it's true meaning.

tl;dr

In most cases, 3 points in Brutal Force is better than 3 points in Mental Force on an AP Carry, and choosing Mental Force over Brutal Force in these cases is as much as preference as taking 2 AD over 3 AD is preference.

An excellent suggestion. Fixed.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...The rest of your argument aside, it highly undermines your point to repetitively state that he 'doesn't know anything.' It makes you look more than simply arrogant to say such. At least say that he 'doesn't know as much,' or something to a similar degree than to state that he outright knows nothing.:facepalm

12. Evan Tide

ITT: Still too scared to post his IGN.

That's all I'm seeing from your retarded bullshit right now, Mibu.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  13. Mibu

Mibu First Year

Why does it matter? I've already told you my elo, why else would you want to know my IGN?

14. Evan Tide

I can say I have 2k Elo and you can't prove it without my IGN and a PM with a phrase to check who you are.

ITT: Still too scared to give IGN for confirmation.

15. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Eh. All I get from his posts is "Shut the fuck up, I'm better than you and you're bad. So I am right and you are wrong."

You assume that we only play solo queue and you assume that you're better than all of us yet you cant be assed to prove your name to Evan Tide?

Saying crap like "I've been following e-sports since before you grew hair on your nuts." really diminishes whatever you have to say simply because you cannot seem to hold an argument without resorting to insults.

16. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

The hair on my nuts was following esports before you had nuts or hair.

17. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Okay, since no-one else has noticed this, you havent played or watched LoL in months. Why the fuck are we listening to anything you have to say?

18. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pubic hair aside, does anyone have any advice for Vayne?

19. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

She builds basically like a standard AD carry, although Black Cleaver is a bit more appealing on her than most others. Abuse your stealth, and you should be able to win most 1v1s, assuming you farmed properly. Ward side bushes, or ask support to do so during laning phase. It should always be done anyways, but it's especially potent when you are Vayne due to his condemn.

20. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Here is another J4 tip for Summoner's Rift. If the enemy has warded the river, but not the bush, if you stand on the ridge where the blue buff is, approximately parallel to the tower, your Q and E combo can reach the lanes bush, letting you sneak in undetected, or only visible for a very short time.

My Mordekaiser tips:

If you want to farm very quickly, because you are losing your lane, or don't want to trade, level your W over your Q. If you stand in the middle of the minions pack and melee the ranged units, when the melee are at half health or less, you can E the wave to death from behind your melee minions. This also let's you clear jungle faster if you have the time. You can also do this if you are winning the lane or are pushing it hard anyway.

Ward everywhere. You will have a lot of money as Mordekaiser, but you still have no escapes with 13k gold. Warding everywhere will keep you alive and farming.

Your Q has a 1.0 ratio for AD on multiple targets, and a 1.65 ratio on a single target. If you have the money, a hextech gunblade can be a valuable asset, not only will you sustain much better than with a WOTA, since you will be melee tracking anyway, but you can now slow an opponent once every 60 seconds, helping the jungler gank.

If you and an ally have a WOTA, they stack for just the two of you.

Mordekaiser if played right will be rich. Don't be afraid to buy defensive items. Against an AD heavy bruiser (Jax, Fiora, Garen, etc) you can start cloth 5 health pots and turn them into a ninja tabi on your first trip back. After spell vampirism gun, if you still haven't won the lane yet, buy a chainmail, which you can turn into a zhonya -not recommended- or a sunfire cape, which stacks very well with your W.

Mordekaiser has some of, if not the, strongest pushing power in the game. After you push to tower, roam to drop wards, gank, or steal the enemy jungle. If you on blue team, and can drop a ward at their red (or as pink team the enemy blue, but that is much riskier as most times blue is being donated so it is a 2v1) and steal it, keep a timer and continue to steal it. After the first steal, the ward is paid for by the buff creature, and you have an exp advantage.

Most junglers do not farm golems. If you are pink team, steal them after you push lane to tower if your jungler hasn't farmed them consistently. Chances are good you will push the opponent to their tower all the time (and are winning lane) thus will never get friendly ganks, or could use the money because you died to an enemy gank. See above: Ward Everywhere to prevent the latter.

The neutral creeps have different properties and farming requirements. You can farm wraiths (with more.exp) with a W and an E. You can farm wolves with your full combo, and is worth more gold than exp. The golems will tank your full combo with a second Q or E to finish them off, assuming you aren't behind.

You will know you are doing well if your E can clear the back wave of a minion spawn, if you are building AP as a main goal. Otherwise your are a tank, so it doesn't matter much if you have to use W and E to farm a wave.

Mordekaiser is a hyper carry no matter how you build him. Even with a tanky build (rabadon, sunfire, ninja tabi, WOTA) you should still expect to be able to use your full load QER on someone and use the ghost to turn any fight around.