1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Voldemort or Hermione POV

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by CornyPancake1, Jul 1, 2017.

1. CornyPancake1

CornyPancake1 Squib

High Score:
    I'm looking for some works that are either from Voldemort's POV or Hermione's. Preferably for Voldemort, when he was still in school, recruiting and making connections in the ministry and such. For Hermione I have no preferences.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    There's always Realignment. This is quite legitimately the best Tom Riddle centric fic that I can think of. It's excellent. The characterization is impeccable. The prose, plot, setting and every other story element you can think of are impossibly crisp and polished. It might not suit your preferences, since
    Harry travels back in time to kill Riddle and it snowballs from there
    but I recommend it nonetheless.

I don't know of any good Hermione-centric stories. I know many mediocre ones, but I balk at the idea of recommending mediocre stories to people.

3. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

The Right Hand Path my favorite Tom Riddle centric story, Merope survived to raise Tom he is still cruel and ambitious but due to Merope he is not as one dimensional and psychotic as in canon. It also is quite a joy to read Merope overcoming her meek and shy self, step for step.

The Fire Omens one of the best one shots in the fandom with amazing prose for which I usually don't care to much about and a epic feel to it.

Hermione centric there is only one good story which I have red:

Applied-Cultural-Anthropology-or Hermione sorted into Slytherin, in character Hermione though she is more talented and intelligent than in canon slowly developing into a dark witch.

Magical exploration and world building are great and the characterization is good though I have some problems with it.

Some scenes are just strange like Hermione doing a 180 when seeing House Elves for the first time also not a fan of Muggleborn revolution stuff

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017