1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best Telltale game ?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Moukaboy, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    And why is The Wolf Among Us

Seriously i just finished it for the second time , the writing is fantastic and it reels you in , i especially loved the development of the main (and a couple of side) characters over the course of the 5 episodes

Plus the noir style is lovely and complements the story very well

If i'm writing this it's because they just announced a second game in the works and i'm hyped as hell (and i love this game so much i actually read the origins comics Fables)

2. CaptainFlowers

CaptainFlowers Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Part of the reason I think it's the best Telltale game is because there isn't really anything like it.

We've never really seen these innocent and well loved characters from age old children stories put into a craptastic real life situation.

Beauty and Beast struggling with rent? Snow White dealing with a boss who is sexually attracted to her? Bigby feared and hated for things he did forever ago and trying to turn over a new leaf?

The characters feel real because their lives continued after their stories. It's like falling out of touch with an old friend and realizing, 'Oh shit, life moves on'.

Plus, the comics are full of utter win. Prince Charming and Boy Blue are some awesome characters whose stories take wild turns.

3. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    O wow another Fables reader !
    Not nearly enough people read the comics , which is a shame since it's a great series .

More importantly I completly agree with your point specially since the comics (and the game) do a really good job at never falling into grimpderp territory

I also love how characters have well defined flaws , the idea that bad guys can do the right thing but not necessarily for the good reasons
    And the world building is fantastic

4. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I
    I've seen you do this all over. When using punctuation marks (. , ! ? etc.) do not put a space before them. It's both wrong and jarring to look at.

5. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Sorry , I've been told that before but I still fuck it up.

I'll try harder.

6. junkseer2

junkseer2 First Year

High Score:
    I'm stunned that i haven't found out sooner but it turns out TWAU 2 is coming out in 2018! Arooooooo!!!!

7. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    YES!!
    I'm hyped af , a bit disappointing that we're not gonna know what happened with "Nerissa" as the game is gonna focus on another narrative but still ...

Also there isn't much about the game rn so maybe that's why it took you some time to hear about it.