1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wireless Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Snarf, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, I'm a big Call of Duty 4 player, and my wireless has always fucked with my mind, but lately it's gotten even worse.

I'm using the Realtek RTL8187 and ASUS WiFi-AP Solo combo to get internet, and it's always worked for me before. Now, I can get onto the internet and everything seems to be working fine on that end, but my Teamspeak won't pop up for five-ten seconds after I start it (unusual for my computer, and I get cut a lot) and my ping on Modern Warfare jumps around from 50 to 600 without seemingly any reason. My Ventrilo ping also is sporadic, jumping up to the 400s, 500s, or 600s.

It's happened all this last week, and my IP is fucking useless (RoadRunner) at helping me. I've tried to google it using what little skill I have at computers, but I'm fucking illiterate as hell when it comes to PCs, or most any mechanical item of choice. So, can anyone help me figure out what the fuck is happening?

I start up my computer and for the first few hours that it's on, my internet is possessed by some twisted humor that loves to make my lag-o-meter look like it's having a shark attack. Then, after it warms up (and I restart it like fifty times), my ping evens out on CoD4 and I have no issues getting into TeamSpeak. I don't get it, at all, and it's making my brain hurt....

EDIT: My twin and father don't seem to have any issues with their computers, only my own seems to be having internet problems. Also, when I go to my Wireless Connection Status, the two monitors are mostly gray, though sometimes they'll go blue and allow packet transfer.

2nd EDIT: I've got a full set of green bars almost all the time, but that can't be right, and they have some outline around them that flashes every few seconds.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Re-download your drivers from the service site for your wifi card, etc. Reinstall them/ removing the current ones, and see if that fixes it.

Other than that, I couldn't only assume like.. conflicting signals... Unlikely. Or, you're infected with a virus and you're just not catching it with regular scans.

3. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

Pretty much this. Search for your chipset drivers, and win.