1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Riley, Nov 28, 2010.

1. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

You know you want to.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This is probably the only thing that I think is a bit iffy. Not because I don't love artifact weapons, in fact I love it and think the idea is great. To understand the problem you got to know a little bit more about the system.

Basically you get one weapon per spec and that is your weapon no matter the game mode. PvP, PvE, etc. So you only have to worry about making one weapon powerful, which is great.

Each weapon has their own talent tree, improves abilities etc, but they also have three relic slots, basically a fancy new name for gem slots. Three relic (gem) slots to make your weapon more powerful.

Two relic slots are unlocked by default, but heres my only issue, the third slot? It takes fucking ages to unlock. And I mean ages, I have been putting serious hours in and I think I'm still at least a week away. The plus side is you only have to do it once per a character, it unlocks the third slot on all your specs.

The downside is you won't be as viable when end game hits if you don't have that third slot unlocked. The main point of each relic is it adds item levels, your artifact is base item level 750, atm my blood tank weapon is 818 without the third relic in it yet, once I unlock the third slot I already have the third relic which will take my weapon to 849.

The jump between 818 to 849 is basically like an extra 30ish percent weapon damage or somewhere there abouts. Maybe bit more or a bit less. A major difference at end game.

So thats fine if you only main one character, but if you have lots of alts or even only like playing two different characters? Expect to be spending a lot of time just to unlock the third relic slot just to be viable at endgame and PvP.

Overall I love the new weapon system, but I have every class at level 100 and over the next year or two inbetween expansions I usually try to level all classes to max, but unless they make it somehow easier to unlock the third relic slot I doubt I'll be getting it again except for a healer if I go back into RBGs.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel like you're looking at it wrong. That third slot is obviously a huge jump, but your immediate power ups are getting better relics (runes? Gems? Whatever).

I'm rolling epic on some of these pre 110 and getting like 6 ilvl boosts per. It adds up. My weapon is on par with my class hall gear (the helm you get at 110, before i buffed the shit out of it and finally realised what those resources are for, lol).

4. Krieger

Yeah but its time consuming to unlock the third slot, and if you are pushing endgame you need it. Thats where I don't think it's ideal. Just leveling or progressing normally? It's not an issue, I'm still getting more powerful relics now doing heroic runs.

But eventually when the launch settles and people are starting to progress in raids etc, a new player will find it hard to find a group without that third relic, people just won't take them because their dps won't be up to standard no matter how good they are.

Or even say your a tank, you have got an extra tank and need a healer it's not as simple as logging over to another character because you have to invest alot of extra time on a second toon to unlock the third slot.

It's still a better, or more reliable, system than the older one where you relied on RNG to get better weapons do doubt, but even in the past with RNG if you didn't get your ideal weapon you got something close to that ilvl range that was viable. End game without that third slot? I imagine once the relic levels get up there you are looking at least a 40-50ilvl difference because you don't have that third relic. Massive dps loss.

As a casual player leveling up or someone with one or two mains its fine, but for someone like myself who usually have lots of alts the amount of time I would need to invest just to be viable is insane. I don't gear multiple characters for endgame anyway, usually just one if I'm considering it. But I do usually have a couple different classes for RBGs.

Not that I'm considering it atm, having so much fun just on my blood dk. Without the third relic. :D

I think if you unlock it for one class and you've invested that much time you should unlock it for all, or at least make it quicker.

5. Mestre

Mestre Professor

But it is still quick. The legendary cloak and ring took months and without then you realy sucked.
    I am playing with a MM hunter, main for 6 years, I will also try to lvl my mistweaver quickly.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    People coming in fresh to an end game raiding guild always had to grind to get raid ready anyways.

I suppose they could power gear people with the old system, but meh.

WoW is casual af now. I've no doubt this speed bump is only here for launch. They'll speed this part up when 7.1 comes out. Probably.

7. Krieger

Riding a big arse t-rex through Suramar city killing drug addicted night elves.

New storyline ftw.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Vroom vroom.

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Game is fun.

Especially for returning players.

A, would recommend.

Only thing keeping it from being A plus is that I keep forgetting I don't massively out-gear shit, and pull 5 mobs and die.

9. Krieger

Currently riding a Hippogryph called Beakbuck to recover a spell focus.

Hmm.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

How has lag and stability been after the WoD clusterfuck?

From what i can tell thry have a decent spike in new players.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I started playing minute 1, there were some issues with too many players trying to do a quest that made it screwy, but on the server side, zero lag/ crashes while I'm playing.

And that's while they're being DDoSd.

I'm on oceanic servers though. YMMV.

12. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

I've had lags one time - in Highmountain second day of expansion during peak time (20-22 CET). Otherwise smooth as silk, genuinely impressed by launch. Had one bug so far, trying to start in Stormheim one of the intro quest NPC's didn't respawn. Chose another zone and got on with it, he was there the next day.

Enjoying the hell out of winning money on the AH atm, I've gained 300k so far on skinning/LW. The world quests are nice, but the promised variants in the dev talks seems to either not be implemented or not as varied as they thought. I've gotten the exact same world quest thrice now in a span of 3 days. Still a lot of variance, but bold claims were made. They said you'd go weeks or months without seeing repeated quests iirc.

The one quest I hated so far was the one for the leatherworking mount. That fucking moose killed me more times than mythic dungeons so far.

13. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Pfft, Shadow Priest. The inferior Afflictionlock. I'm just gonna sit here and enjoy my glorious self heals that rival even the best healers in the game.

Again, this is why i play a warlock. We're just so much less squishy than everyone else, even most of the tanks.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    And your trade for that survivability is the most boring class (spec) imaginable, lol.

I lie, you're no BM hunter, but it's close.

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Eh, there's a lot more involved with than you'd think, though it has been dumbed down a lot. That true for alot of classes, though. My Pally, Priest, and Rogue all seem very straightforward, though Rogue's new Roll the Bones Mechanic can be interesting.

Sadly, they got rid of DoT Snapshotting awhile ago, taking out quite a bit of the skill in playing a DoT Class.

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

This is the first xpac that I won't be playing wow : (. For positive, real-life reasons, but its still sad.

Used to raid super high end (5th US/18th World is where I peaked), but WoD and all of its horrible mistakes in adjusting raiding that wrecked the scene also drama'd my guild to death. Sad, especially because I actually had gotten to know most of my guild irl at stuff like Blizzcon.

But I wouldn't have been able to play this xpac anyway due to Law School, and I'm glad to hear that this one is starting off better then WoD did.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I was high on rogue until i played DH. They're just way more fun, have double jump and dashes. Outlaw is pretty boring in practice too. The weapons HAD to be a sword mh and pistole oh. Oh well.

Feral druid is okay. Super bursty and with great sustain. She's my miner.

Btw, my priest class hall has a shadow/holy shrine you can pray at once a day that give random potions with random effects.

I got one that stopped insanity delay while in void form. For ten minutes!

Went to that obnoxious place in NW Suramar, popped the pot, popped Surrender to Madness and god moded those quests, RPing the whole time by cackling in the most insane way possible...

This game's alright.

18. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol, there's a quest in Suramar City where you run around on a Devilsaur (T-rex) and kill a bunch of people. The Devilsaur's kills her keeper, who calls her a 'clever girl' before doing so, and the Devilsaur's name is Su'resh...

The references are strong...

19. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Several people on facebook from my old guild are trying to convince me to do WoW things by linking me this: WoW Legion with your Best Mates

I admit it cracked me up. Parody of this.

20. Krieger

Still vroom vroom.

You can actually eat other players off the top of their t-rexes, very fun when Su'resh pops up as a world quest and there are 10 ppl running around battle royale style.