1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mindless, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Sounds fun. I go by TheRedPoet#2546

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Rise of the Necromancer came out today. $15. I'm pretty tempted. Necromancer was my jam in D2. I'm preeeeetty sure I'll get bored with it in like 2 days, but...

3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll wait and see. I've been following the closed beta fairly closely. It's been launched as it was in the latest PTR patch, which means full of bugs. Honestly, the class feels even more incomplete than Crusader at launch. Well, there are the sets (two of which are shaping up to be "viable") and legendary power items, but it stills feels a bit lacking.

They should do the final patching and balancing before Season 11.

If you can barely do a rift before quitting from boredom, Necro probably won't change things for you.

Shame the class feels so different from D2 Necro too. It was my favorite back then. Now it feels like a spammy mix of Wiz and WD. The pet commander fantasy just isn't there - well, it is, in one of the sets, but you spend your time spamming short-living minions instead... it's just not the same thing.

4. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah, I got to about level 50 on the PTR for it, and just couldn't do it anymore. It's a sad state of affairs.

Honestly, the more I play Path of Exile (and Grim Dawn, to a lesser extent), the more pissed I get at how mundane D3 still is, after all this time they've had to improve it. Pay $15 for one class and absolutely nothing new otherwise, or wait a bit and get basically another full game's worth of content from Path of Exile. For free.

Screw Blizzard and their e-sport pandering horse they rode in on.