1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm not going to say I don't deserve this because I do but also I hate you all.

2. blab

blab Second Year

Look, Stanari, assuming you're town you have played at least better than me so don"t fall into despair because if you do that, what's left for me?

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I guess that's closer to accurate? I mean where I am now I kinda wanna pressure you and blab more because if I do that and still feel good about you after that then I can probably cement it as being dC in my mind.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hey does anyone still think I could be scum because then we can no lynch and I can abdicate responsibility for this game forever.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Blab same question I asked stanari. Do you think anything you've done prevents you from being a wolf?

6. blab

blab Second Year

I dunno Fable, because as scum I would try to mimic town!me.
    Think I would have been more accurate as scum D1 because I am usually accurate and probably wouldn't try out powerwolfing with a scumteam of Cobalt/Waco/zen/miner.
    Think probably wouldn't have been able to get the tonality right?
    Definitly wouldn't have abandoned the towncred for bussing Cobalt, though as scum I don't think I would have been able to attack Cobalt in that way.

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Thing is, I have taken positions (zen/jari) (cobalt) that look pretty terrible which is why I kinda tried avoiding being in F3/4 in the first place.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Still thinking about the deepwolf comment.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

I feel pretty AtE'd at by everyone right now.

---------- Post automerged at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

dC do you always play so manipulatively?

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

The thing where blab was a fairly consensus townread D1 and then started slipping down is kind of interesting.

8. blab

blab Second Year

Ok, I know I said I would put in some work once home, but instead I spent like all the time on the phone.
    I did look at the Cobalt and miner iso's during that but my head wasn't really in it.

Cobalt:
    Has not the biggest interactions with Fable/dC.
    The first thing is his wall, where he would have put scum!dc/miner/waco/Cobalt right next to each other, than corrected and included fonti between waco and the rest.

Can see the Cobalt->Fable thing w/r/t "agressiveness" as W/W, but don't think it's a strong indicator. Like, can definitly see Cobalt doing that to town!Fable, too.

Very light content on both dC and Fable before his claim-implosion.

miner:
    Copies me and calls out the fontisian votes by Fable/Cobalt/Stanari, later fable/cobalt/stanari/me. Think it's a bit too on the nose to do that, and then say that Stanari's was the worst if scum!Fable.

Hmm, Stanari dichotomousCreator what do you think of this?

From miner's perspective, there is a fairly long chain of posts where he talks almost exclusively with/about dC:
    from
    to:
    I am actually kind of waffling if that is more/less likely W/W.
    Think the "you do you, bud" thing can come from W/W, other things less so.
    Fable Stanari can you look at this progression and tell me what you think?

Very slightly not W/W?

Stanari:
    Anything specific you want to talk to me with re: toDay right now?

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Their angles/approaches today?

10. blab

blab Second Year

I think the coming out voting for Fable by dC is +scum.
    Like, he claimed he was unsure, but didn't use his vote to actually pressure Fable.
    Like, what does his vote do?

But from a scumperspective, if he expected Fable to definitely want to lynch I think it makes sense that he wanted to preempt that.

dC's hopping around in who he scumreads most is a bit to frantic to be natural to me, like he starts with the Fable vote and then #3566 leans blab, #3573 lean Stanari, #3580 back to blab.

I can definitively how town!dC would be indecisive, but surely if you are town and have reasons to townread everyone, surely every single piece of evidence someone brings into the thread doesn't flip your view.
    I mean, I might not be objective, because in my estimation dC was the most likely scum, but I think his play has been more "townsignaling" than gamesolving.
    Hate this post.
    Like fmpov best to worst case:
    1) lynch correctly
    2) mislynch me but I call out the wolf correctly
    3) I am part of mislynching the wrong person, or I get mislynched AND call out the wrong person

Like my wincon is definitely not only "I don't get lynched".
    Can see this post coming from scum much more than town.
    Also hate this post.
    Like dC knows that on the same Day I pushed for 4!scum I also pushed for the miner!lynch and if miner wasn't scum, my lynch so scum!Reg wouldn't slip through. Doesn't seem like a real thought, more like a shade.

But anyway, I kinda didn't want to look at today as the first thing, cause I am afraid that I am confbiasing hard.

11. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    To a degree. That Prettiest Princess game I linked was kind of manipulative, and when I CAN get good reads it's usually on people who are lynching me. Plus like I said, my good towngames are usually games where I can abuse mechanics and stuff to get good results.

Also that thing is ALSO true of me, but I'm not sure what that signifies.

quick thing I remembered overnight I was also shitting on Miner at the same time I did Cobalt so literally everyone was bussing Cobalt/Miner at some point

somehow this makes me hate everything even more
    blab --- FMPOV I think he was just taking the opportunity to talk and seem town. But then I have like 2 minutes to make this post ok done rushing out door bye back in a bit

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

(EBWOP: wincon thing was from my mindset of "it's down to two possible scum". Which became obviously stupid like 10 minutes into the day and was immediately abandoned. Would also argue it was stupid as either alignment and incongruent with attempting to townsignal...like most of my behaviour this game >_>)

12. blab

blab Second Year

Fable hasn't pinged me as scum, but I was kind of distracted by how I didn't like dC.
    I just skimmed again, and maybe a bit too demonstrative but overall kinda ok?

What do you think?

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Well, I really would have assumed scum!Fable would just come out today all guns blazing on me. Like, if there was ever a time to cash in his towncred it would be here and now to win. On top of this, the fact he DID vote me after I came in on him is, like, I feel like as scum he'd commit to one plan or the other (i.e. "lynch me straight up" or "make a big show of indecision and keep options open"). Doing the latter and then switching to the former and then switching BACK TO THE LATTER seems incongruent; like I've given him more than enough rope to hang me and he hasn't done it.

By contrast, you and Stanari (whichever is scum) have opted for the "keep options open" play fairly consistently, with expressed preferences but an expressed willingness to change direction. I mean it's difficult to tell because 4 or less players is p much trivial to towntell (you can do Actual Scumhunting from the point of view that you're town, since there's lots of material to interpret and no scumbuddies to sidestep) but scum!Fable would have been taking bizarre lines all game so it's like meh.

also now I have time to read your post more: Every piece of evidence flipping my view is something I acknowledged earlier was me having stupid biases :V. See "I scumreaad blab b/c he's not in the thread yet"

---------- Post automerged at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

anyway tl;dr scum!Fable is for some reason not collecting his win and so probably doesn't exist

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If dC town and Fable scum I'm going to throw myself through a window.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    See this is how I feel too, and I KNOW half of it's true :V

(actually this is doubly so for me because then I've managed to turbotunnel Reg and ignore his correct dying read ._.)

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I actually expected dC to be playing way more fatalistically today?

17. blab

blab Second Year

Huh, maybe, probably true.
    Is that AI?
    Would have good reasons to be fatalistic as both scum and town.

---------- Post automerged at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

probably more fatalistic as town, given as scum he has survived the Reg-dC situation yesterday and his winchances generally improved.

Think this might be just a personality tell though?

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm david pumpkins.

---------- Post automerged at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

dC why does it seem like your not doing much solving today? Like considering from your PoV village loses if you can't find who the wolf actually is and can convince us to lynch them instead of you. I would kind of expect little more urgency from you here as a villager?

---------- Post automerged at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

*you're

FML.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    D1 Miner -> scumbuddies + Fable/blab/dC

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, this ties in to an answer to Fable's thing. In short: My first few posts were openly fatalistic, after that I've been trying to PoE to figure out who the last scum is (note I've been focusing more on towntells than scumtells) and I think it's probably blab at this point?

However, we're probably just going to lose by lynching me anyway and I don't think I can successfully build a case on blab that changes that. Like, he's bussed and distanced too well in ways I've failed to spot. I'm no longer actively sandbagging my chances of winning with shit like what I was doing at daystart, but I was yelling about "NEVER LYNCH BLAB" yesterday and it's not like my ability to read and casebuild has changed since then.

In short, eh. This game has kind of exhausted me at this point. I have RL shit going on constantly at all times someone else is here, it's too long to reread so I'm basically just picking random pages and hoping something useful pops out, and blab's spent the whole game either being quiet or posting shit like #2752 where he transparently advocates for a town bloc that doesn't include him which bleh.

Although, he didn't have Stanari in there and yet has chosen to poke at me instead of continuing to go after Stanari. That's maybe a convenience thing? (i.e. it's easier for him to win by lynching me than it is for him to win by staying consistent). I guess that's something.

---------- Post automerged at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

EBWOP: oh for fuck's sake see then he posts this and I just kind of want to die. Like, if he's scum he's proposed a CORRECT townbloc that causes him to lose.

So yeah. I'm not finding the wolf because I CAN'T find the fucking wolf because you're all fucking hard town for multiple reasons. Like.

Wait. Why is Stanari town again? I mean I'm circling again but it's because my current scumread is essentially "the one whose hardtown evidence I haven't read most recently"

---------- Post automerged at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

ech although blab staying quiet once stuff picks up on me is >_>.

Look, fundamentally my problem here is that my only XYLO experience is as scum where I've spent the whole game building up to it and can generally win the resulting "town-off" because I have a designated target and lots of very good reasons to run them over.

This situation, by contrast, I don't know who I'm targeting and even if I did I wouldn't know why in a way I can articulate convincingly. It just hasn't been my focus (that was lynching Reg! Yaaaaaay). Like, most of my behaviour can be explain by me REALLY not being prepared for today to exist at all, and not having the time or stomach to handle it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

and like for serious I have three urgent things going on at work rn and should probably not even be posting in this game at all ._.

and then fucking stanari is like "oh blab's townread slowly evaporated" and that's like "blab is being made a designated mislynch" but then why does scum!Stanari point that out but then FABLE ISN'T SCUM but then

:/

---------- Post automerged at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

like, OK
    - If blab is scum, then blab has proposed game-losing plans and townblocs for himself multiple times and was relying on them not being adopted
    - If fable is scum, he fakeclaimed to stop two townies fighting with each other and hyperbussed everybody
    - If Stanari is scum, she...acted towny all game?

Like. I'm actually not sure the hard town reasoning on Stanari IS a thing. I keep not being able to find it.

Instead I find this where Stanari explains in careful detail why scum killed Kai.

...uh, actually, that's bordering on TMI here. This conversation starts with Stanari arguing "scum could have PR-read Kai rather than having a backup rolecop" and then veers off into "Cobalt's flip made Kai look too good to mislynch which would explain why he was killed"

Looking back, that's...easily the result of Stanari knowing exactly why Kai was killed and thus recognizing that what I'm saying is wrong, and trying to call me out for it without revealing that she has the actual information.

Like. Did anyone think Cobalt flipping made Kai locktown? Was that a thing?

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Also, has Stanari been gamesolving today or just moaning about how she hates everyone? Like, does that read as "hurry up and consolidate on someone who isn't me already"?