1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I mean in terms of how 'good' players that play on DLP mafia tend to be on average, how good/bad game-play on here tends to be, that sort of thing.

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

How do I have 16 posts already? That does not feel like 16 posts at all, unless it's counting auto-merged posts separately or something

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Nope it doesn't. Huh

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah spoiler I hyped you guys up a lot.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Shhhhh, let the woman answer first!

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

We are pretty awesum tbh. If only the game would start so we can show off.

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I mean, he did say that most DLPers are good. But then someone else told me this game is not representative.

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

We should lynch Tom today.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hm.

Why would you assume any (or all) of the following then?

A) A bunch of players here would sheep an empty vote (aka that gives no reasons) for lynching a player in order to also try to lynch them
    B) Players here would want to lynch a new person for being new and/or null
    C) You are null when I'm the only person to give a read on you as such
    D) It's more suspicious for someone to throw an initiating empty on a player than for anyone else to follow and also vote that player, keeping in mind you're saying it sets it up as easy for other people to also vote accordingly

Like I don't think I really believe you tbh. The only strong alternative I could think of is you entered this game worried about becoming the D1 lynch due to being a new player to our forum (irregardless of your alignment), but your level of mafia experience and knowledge that players here are at least decent argues otherwise. Or where am I misunderstanding you/your motivations?

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    A) Good players can do stupid things. It happens all the time
    B) See A
    C) I was speaking to your read of me. But several others also expressed a null read. you're not that special.
    D) What are you trying to say here? I got lost

You don't have to believe me. I still think your vote is bad and I'm voting you as a result. And again, I was told this game was not representative.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok. Why do you think I, an experienced player on here, would also think those assumptions are true? Because for your vote to make sense I have to also believe them, or else your reasoning for why I voted you doesn't hold water

---------- Post automerged at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Not saying you would necessarily know I'm an experienced player or not, but I find it to be a stretch to believe you just jumped to such a conclusion. Like we were 350 posts into the game, and of all the equally weak things going on (from your perspective), you find me, the person who voted you, the one you put some weight/time behind?

Opening this up to the floor here, because I know I have a blind spot for easily scum-reading players that scum-read me unless I see a good reason for it, and I'd like to also get anyone's input beyond dyachei's at this point

10. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't know your experience level.

It pinged me hard so I'm going with it. I think it's more egregious than some other things I've seen in thread. I had been leaning scum on dC for instance, until I read his walls. There are plenty of people I have at null. But your actions don't feel like the actions that would come from town. So I'm following up with it.

---------- Post automerged at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

I do find it out that I've been fairly present in the thread and have gotten null read for it by several people. I'd expect some people to have a read on me by now.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Don't worry, I have one now :p

12. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Your read doesn't count because it's OMGUS.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

dyachei

Have you played an open setup before? Can I see some recent games?

Also, the fact that I can't remember Vaimes posting any real content beyond the owner read and apparently an OMGUS is really bad.
    Citrus

Go read Vaimes for me
    Rubicon

Why are we lynching tom? I mean I want to, but for totally different reasons than you I suspect.

14. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I have but I usually play closed setups. I'm not sure of my last open setup game. Perhaps the euro poisonous game.

http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/9375-Dumpster-Diving-Werewolf-(Poison-17)

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Technically yours is OMGUS actually, you paid no attention to me until I voted you, then you proceeded to vote me (with what appears to be false intentions)

Miner

For what in particular? While I didn't read etc. the ?infamous? game where he rekt as scum, he's pinging me reasonably strongly as town thus far. Mostly for tone + especially in a few cases under some degree of pressure

16. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    That was a town game.

This was a recent open wolf game: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/9611-Waifu-Wars

---------- Post automerged at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

To be fair, you weren't really in the thread until that 1 post. And you weren't wolf-reading me, remember?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

OMGUS is attacking/voting someone who placed their vote on them, not attacking/voting someone who's scum-reading them.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ok. Can you point me toward the posts you believe were town?

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sure, but it's not happening til I get back to my computer (a while)

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    What, only two pages overnight? Pff. And I'm even on 20ppp!

tom has posted stuff, but it feels insubstantial? In addition, the response to Rubicon asking "why did you not like me breaking RVS" was to restate that he didn't like it. Points out some legitimate inconsistencies with weiyaoliwhich is okay I guess though. Fable says tom is being a PITA to read and this is standard, so I should probably just leave that alone. Gun to head I'd put him a tiiiiiny bit below null partly for being lackluster and partly because Rubicon doesn't like him (baaaaaaa)

Not that I'm scumreading weiyaoli for that. In particular, the stuff with me based on his answer is an argument along the lines of "from Owner's POV there were stronger arguments", not "I also believe in these arguments". I'm gonna call this NAI on Owner though, since I feel like scum generally go looking for strong reasons to support their lynches if they can. Esp. when they're early on the wagon?

Powerwolfing is essentially giving hard townreads to your wolf buddies. Vaimes is not known for this (and in particular I believe is spectacularly bad at it), so anyone he hard townreads is less likely to be wolf buddies with him.

When I say starting from the premise me/Rubicon are town, what I mean is I'm assuming that BEFORE I get into analyzing the shade game. This is b/c I already had a townread on Rubicon by this point, and like I said I doubt the entire shade party is scum.

The two main sketch things Kai has done have been:
    - When asked for a scumread, softballing Fluff. Like, he said "I want to lynch fluffy but I think that's just because fluffy is fluffy". When asked for a scumread? That...doesn't really feel like a scumread to me.
    - Posting some mechspec that was unhelpful, then when called on this immediately posting some mechspec that was more helpful (and slightly contradictory to the first lot of mechspec RE: GD/UT claiming)

I would like to stick on him until he does something that isn't either a shitpost or questionable. It's kinda hard to justify voting someone else when Kai is sitting here with literally nothing positive and a couple negatives. Even fluff/Citrus/Miner, if actually town, would be at least TRYING to achieve something.

I believe I have said this in-thread this game, even :V. While I was commiserating with Owner over D1 stuff IIRC

I am somewhat annoyed by my lack of opinion on Jarizok and Beruru. I guess Jari feels like he's just kind of...there...and Beru I never trust myself to read so :/.

Also, uh

Don't think I'm doublevoting with a second vote on myself :V

---------- Post automerged at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Hmmmm.
    Vaimes --- Do you have a read on Miner? (I'm actually not sure if your vote there is a jokevote or not...)