1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

tom, why was wei your biggest scum read in your last wall

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Did she not react?
    That's pretty obviously what he wanted.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    If he hadn't said that it was pressure I probably wouldn't have voted him. It's more like a self-fulfilling prophecy. He did something scummy and got called on it by the person he was targeting so now I'm scummy? That's not him applying pressure. It's him scrambling to try and excuse his behavior.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Because of that post I hated.

Especially the "there's lots of better reasons to suspect Dichotomous" and then not having a read on Dichotomous

---------- Post automerged at 05:01 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

I mean I've already said I think you're both wrong.
    Him voting like that wasn't scummy, and doesn't need excused.
    Your reaction wasn't scummy.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

Be a dear and link me the post, I'm on a phone.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------
    Cobalt

Get in here and self resolve please.

6. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Whoever asked, I've never played with acio before. I think it's just fable, tom, and cobalt that I've been in games with before.

---------- Post automerged at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

That's just like, your opinion, man.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:

Miner
    /ten

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay so is it normal for my eyes to just kind of be sliding off tom's posts?

Like, they feel...really nondescript. It's weird. He has actual positions, but them and his tone are so milquetoast it's like my brain is rebelling when I try to read them in-depth. I don't know if it indicates alignment or it's just tom, but it's getting kind of frustrating.

From what I've been able to gather though...he just doesn't think Citrus's behaviour is scummy? I dunno, that feels like a pretty hard sell to me at this point.

Kai continues to do essentially nothing of value but is now picking up townreads for it. Sure, whatever, I guess. Although I guess his commentary on Acio matches mine? Either way I don't think I'm getting any traction on that today, so let's instead try Lynch: Miner

Dislike Miner seeming to have backed off of Vaimes pretty heavily (like, fifth from the bottom in a readlist compared to "100% SCUM DIE DIE DIE") without any commentary on it. Miner, has your Vaimes read improved or are the people below him just that scummy?

Most of the tom arguments feel NAI, in that they don't ping any particular way and I could imagine all of: town slapfighting, town catching scum, scum mislynching town, and staged scum interactions. Maybe on a reread with more info I'll be able to pick up more from that. As for actually assessing tom myself, see above :/

Agree with Fable RE: leaving Acio for later. If he's town we'll be able to tell and we'll be glad we have him, if he's scum we'll also be able to tell and we'll just run him over then. I think giving him space to succeed and/or rope to hang himself is probably the best approach. I also don't think he's done anything particularly damning yet, this is just "failed Acio townplay". Which is bad if it keeps GOING, mind, but not quite yet.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

dC: The latter more than the former. Also, I told you, order doesn't matter within tiers.

Also, Vaimes disappeared so...
    tom

Where in that post does Wei talk about dC like at all?

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------
    dyachei

Did you ever make a wall?

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Dunno. You want some meta?

---------- Post automerged at 08:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

But then... doesn't dislike him

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    not yet. I need to actually go look over the full playerlist again.

Right now:

Town:

Town lean:
    Miner
    dC
    Jari

Null:
    Fable
    Owner
    Vaimes
    Ruby
    Cobalt - though the more he doesn't post, the more he becomes scum IMO
    Kai

Scum Lean:
    Citrus
    Acio
    tom

Scum:

I am sure I've missed someone

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    "Is cobalt posting?" is approximately the most reliable meta read I ever have on anyone.

---------- Post automerged at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Also I am Gravedigger.
    See Undertaker post.
    [​IMG]

13. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Up there with "is iaafr posting" and "did fable start to slank after d1"

(the 2nd is for the lols. don't tell fable)

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

owner, I liked one or two of your early posts, but it seems to me you have very little content considering your post count. Could you give me a list of your reads right now, ideally with reasons?

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Back.

I like his thought process there, following up his prod to dC to see how Jari also reacts to some pressure, especially when he is stating that he considers the statement made otherwise NAI.

RE: Citrus and dyachei - I don't think dyachei's original reasoning was necessarily that bad if somewhat convoluted, but the explanation seems a bit bungled to me. Somewhat liking Citrus's systematic responses, though some of it does read a bit pedantic.

Ah, ok thanks. I'm not sure how deep people should read into such things ~24hrs into D1 though as you mentioned.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I more meant you kinda summed up what you considered shade throwing in those series of posts, but I don't really follow your conclusion. What about those other people's shade makes them scummy/bad?

Fair enough position on kai. In terms of mechanics speculation though, I more took that as him being the most familiar with the ruleset and maybe how to play since he seems to be involved heavily in the role balance. I also don't think his position on role-claiming seems scum motivated - reads as null mostly to me.

16. Rubicon

Why am I null?

Also, same question about Vaimes and Fable. They've posted a fair amount.

17. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Fable has done nothing to prove his alignment in either direction to me. You an vaimes I'm not as familiar with and am therefore not really sure. I will be rereading more in the future. However, in the meantime, I'm not impressed one way or the other, so you're null

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't consider all of them to be RVS questions? Asking someone new to you questions to try and get a sense of them is good, but when they forget to answer one of them and you don't seem to care at all (after having a long back and forth rapport) kinda tells me that you didn't really want to get a sense of them in the first place.

Miner is constantly talking about his crusade to lynch Vaimes, but the over fluffing with his scum read in that exchange just feels to me evidence that he's somewhat hiding between this "tunnel" of sorts on Vaimes.

I didn't scum read dC at that point (and I have answered already the first part) - it was mostly that owner seems to hone in on a relatively weak point to push on dC.

---------- Post automerged at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Where am I on your wall?

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

And what is your opinion on me being apparently so in the background that I was left off your list?

19. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't think being off the list is a good look but I told you I'd forget someone.

I have seen you post but those posts havent made an impression at all. You're probably in null for now.

20. Rubicon

Her overall reaction to your pressure vote was town. I am not willing to vote her today.

Your reason for voting her over Tom is questionable. Especially considering you have not followed up on the Tom read.

Do you have any other thoughts about the game so far?