1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Hmm, I actually quite like miner's shift in focus since Vaimes stopped posting as much. #470 reads pretty good. The initial shift to tom is w/e though, doesn't really read as a slip to me and I don't really understand his point about being "un-tom".

It's a bit unfortunate since I was planning to be around this morning so this is a weaker point, but I think tom's vote on Acio is a bit sketchy. Not necessarily because of his reasoning, just switching from me. Being the third and definitely the weakest vote on him, he instead decides to ask me about my first post and then afterwards swap his pressure off me?

#535 from fluff reads really off. There's the pot calling the kettle black and then there's whatever fluff is doing here.

dyachei - Honestly feels a bit too conciliatory in the thread. Then the whole exchange with Citrus like I said reads a bit awkwardly. Scum

Kai - He's done stuff, but my brain keeps glossing over it. Hence why he's in the awkward category of people I kinda feel like I probably should have something on but don't. Gun to head that's a bad sign? But I don't really know.

Feeling a lot better on miner as a whole to be honest. All of his posts since #470 read pretty on point tone/content wise. Still not sure what I think of him as a whole though, he is currently a conflicted null. Mostly I guess I need Vaimes to come back and see their interaction I guess.

2. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    First I'm too aggressive, now I'm too conciliatory?

interesting takes. Keep 'em coming.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I don't think I ever called you agressive :p

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Could you give an example of her being conciliatory?

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

RE: Beru/Fable

Beru - what I dislike is the constant remarks on too much shitposting initially, but then doesn't really give that many opinions of their own. Mostly they need to post a bit more, but I don't really disagree with any of their reads in particular. Probably goes back into the null pile for now.

Fable - still yet to try to ISO/read over. Will start tomorrow on this I think.

jwlk - game has started.

Fluff and Cobalt currently go into the pile of probably scum motivated lurking at this point.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

/villagery pop-in

tom is mafia.

/villagery pop-out

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Mostly the tone I got from firstly the RVS stage - being relatively active at the start of the game, but being fairly uncontroversial/lacking opinions until ~#205, coupled with the couple of mentions of being new to Witch Hunt. Then also the mention of being told DLP players were pretty good, but this game not being representative.

---------- Post automerged at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Ok, got to go, should be back in ~12 hours again.

8. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I didn't say you did. I just mentioned there have been a couple reads on me and they are directly opposing. I'm laughing to myself about it

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Could you explain why it was town in your opinion? I'm just trying to wrap my mind around where I'm not seeing things correctly if so, and have yet to have seen someone do so.

Is it? I don't think so. Tom entered the game with a lot of screwing around, it pinged me as a bit scummy, but I recognize that he's one of those players that often ping the opposite of what he is. He was nonchalant but also not trying to be townread at all (beyond his behavior). Besides all that, he wouldn't react revealing to pressure/votes, especially as he seems to have almost tried to set himself up to receive some.

Hmm, maybe it's I view a vote on someone as some degree of pressure in all situations, while a bunch of other people evidently don't.

Not particularly, I missed most of the beginning flurry, and it takes me awhile to get a good grasp of the game as a whole especially when it's a big game and I'm not able to engage with players relatively live

Still would appreciate people pointing out why I was wrong in my interpretation etc. I thought about it more and I can see it from a perspective off a player just throwing their vote willy-nilly and not doing anything useful, although I don't think her answers/explanations jive perfectly with that interpretation. But I like the more recent stuff she's said/engaged with people (such as her read wall), so adding her to the list of people I don't want lynched today.

Unvote

Miner
    I haven't forgotten, I just caught up and typed all the above on my phone. Will hopefully get a chance tonight

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Can someone point me to the most recent vote count?

---------- Post automerged at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Because of something specific or in general?

---------- Post automerged at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------
    Acionyx
    Mind explaining what you mean by I'm right? Because then there's definitely a disconnect at some point

10. Rubicon

Quick read wall:

Okay, so far I townread dya and DC, and I might townread Miner for the way he's pushed Acio.

I have a gut townread on HF. I realize this is stupid, but it's how I feel. I like wei's approach to things in general, but I haven't agreed with some of his reasoning.

I don't have a strong read on Acio yet, but a lot of people who know him are calling him a witch, so that's something.

Jarizok and owner both started okay and dropped off hard. Their recent content makes me suspicious.

Vaimes is a little witch and the elder witches have already identified him, hence the lack of pressure there. Him being a witch is based on (1) not seeming like usual town-Vaimes at all, (2) being hyper-focused on people calling him scum, which he usually doesn't give a shit about, and (3) being completely useless so far. Him being a little witch is based on some small differences from his usual witch meta. Would lynch.

Tom is useless and illogical and probably doing that thing Newcomb called him out for recently (being too concerned with positioning and trying to be seen a certain way).

Slight scumread on beruru, need to see more to be sure.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Hi! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, I got busy.

Can we have, like, a votal? I want to see the votal. That would be nice.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah sure Rubicon, you can be town.

---------- Post automerged at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

The tom scumread is more of a holistic feeling. He feels incredibly smokescreen-y.

Plus he's mostly ignored me.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Reread time!

*added in; this is stream of consciousness and I couldn't be bothered to keep track of where in the thread I was, but it's chronological, so you guys should just about be able to follow along. Ask me about specific thought-to-post things if you feel like it. I may even recall.

I'm mobile, so not too wordy, but there'll be a list at the end of it.

I like Cobalt's thread entry a lot better than last game's. Feels similar to his townie championship game.

Vaimes is town for reasons.

Owner still townie. She's involved in the thread in a way she definately wasn't last wh.

Rubi thinking Vaimes' claim was ever real there, and arguing he's scum because of it feels super genuine. The sense of, "Got 'M" is just there. Fluff's thread entry was also truly abysmal, so him noting that is +

I like DC a lot less on rereading him. Dunno why I gave him my first V read.

Kai might be town for reasons. Might also be scum, but nah. I like reasons.

Dya feels similar to Vira to me for as yet unidentified reasons. This is not alignment indicative, but it's going to shape my approach to her for the rest of the game.

I'm good with tom. Consequently, not sold on Fable but don't want to lynch him either.

I want to sheep everything Owner says. She has a grip on this game and is my top town by far.

Miner still obv!town. Realise I haven't mentioned him cos it's so obvious.

Ugh. Maybe lynch Fable a little bit.

Kai prolly just town.

Citrus checks in. (Reference to where I'm at. Pretty NAI check iN.)

I didn't get the feeling this is at all where Fable was at from his posts. Is that just me, or were these reads magicked into being? Could be me tbh, skimming a tiny bit, but not that much I don't think.

Citrus' content is all good. Except for where he likes Fluff and puts him top town. That's not real. All his other townreads are good, his tom scumread I can buy, if not agree with, but "I like fluff's opening"!? That stuff was crap.

Dislike Beruru's posts a bunch, but I'm not sure if in a scummy way, or just...

Acio is here. Might as well not be. I'm sure the, "Hi. BAM! Vote" was supposed to be a statement entrance, but it falls really flat. Not sure if it's AI myself, but I can see why people (Miner) would dislike it.

Like DC's catch up again. It's really up and down with that guy.

Weiyao is so far off my reads he's basically lock town. You don't fake that.

Townie Cobalt check in.

tom: "Fable says you're sheepy as a wolf. That sound right to you?" < Town

Weiyao comes around. You can see how he got there. It's pure. He's town.

Beruru I'm genuinely curious what my one effort post was actually. Mind pointing it out?

The whole Dya/Citrus thing is tiresome. I'm clearing Dya if Citrus flips scum.

On that note, I'm going to join the cool kids:

Vote: Citrus

The votes are flying hard and fast! I like it.

Fable's wall is a good wall.

I really don't think he is.

And with that I'm caught up. Special shout out to Rubi for calling out my drop off. Have a ginormous wall you weenie.

---------- Post automerged at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Jarizok
    Owner
    Weiyaoli
    Miner

Rubi
    tom
    Dyachei
    Vaimes
    Cobalt
    Kai
    DC

Fable
    Beruru
    Jwlk

Acio

Fluff
    Citrus

---------- Post automerged at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

That white line between Acio and Fluff was accidental, but I guess it's appropriate.

---------- Post automerged at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:42 ----------

I'd like to ask tom voters to trust me on this one. Voting Citrus is the way to go. Not THE best birthday gift, but it's something.

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 1.4.

Citrus [5]: Wei, Dyachei, Fable, Acio, Jari.
    Tom [4]: Rubicon, Vaimes, Owner, Miner.
    Jari [2]: Cobalt, Beru.
    DC [1]: Fluff.
    Acio [1]: Kai.
    Fable [1]: Tom.
    Miner [1]: DC.

Not Voting [2]: Jwlk, Citrus.

15. Jarizok

I am also aware that there's more than 3 scum in this game, but whatcha gonna do? They'll shake out along the way.

---------- Post automerged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Ty Vira. At least I got more than 1 post out of that.

16. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:

Lynch: DC

Also

I don't like this, I've played with Fable once and barely interacted with him and this is a D1 meta read typically given by people who have been around me a while.

Having a scumread on a ~difficult~ player but not pursuing it in hopes of something more productive isn't inherently problematic.

17. Jarizok

Acio, tom or Citrus? Go.

18. Rubicon

My sense is that her current read has more to do with your follow-up pressure than your initial vote. If you assume for the moment that she is telling the truth about thinking you were "a wolf trying to get someone lynched," you jumping her for that belief and apparently using it to get her lynched must look pretty bad from her point of view. She accused you of X, you responded by doing X.

Given that, her progression feels very natural to me, with the way she answers your questions, maintains her read on you, points out several times that you only scumread her after she voted you, and so on.

It's like, her side of the conversation is focused on your motives, on whether your play makes sense for town. Your side is saying "no u" when she accuses you of OMGUS, and citing the mafia wiki to argue that her vote could "technically" be defined as OMGUS as well. This doesn't come across as a genuine attempt to sort her.

This is still not following up on your Tom read.

Maybe he wouldn't react to your vote. Who cares? If he's scummy, you can lynch him whether he reacts or not, and you could always learn something from how other people react to the wagon.

If he's not scummy (because he "often pings the opposite of what he is"), then I would expect that to be your reason for not voting him, and wonder why you don't just say so.

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    ?

?? ? ???

?? ? ? ? ?

?

20. Jarizok

Thank you for your input. That's about where I thought you were at.