1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

We will be lynching Citrus toDay.

---------- Post automerged at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Calling out =/= genuinely inquiring a townread.

For that alone, you will die.

---------- Post automerged at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Also turns out I can't fix the internet issue until next week, so it looks like I'll be camping out at Dunkin' Donuts for their wifi. :V

---------- Post automerged at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

And I reject the notion that you think I have to hard scumread you to vote you. If you're not at L-1, then I could be voting for any reason.

Like to see what happens. And what happened is that I'm fine with killing you.

tom being the only other viable wagon is fine.

beruru is meh. Probably the actual town CW.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Is Beruru the town counter because you think they're townie, or because there has to be one and you don't think it's tom?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yes.

/tenchar

---------- Post automerged at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Though really, the second one.

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

So, kai's last few posts are pretty good, from his wall onwards. #707 stands out as pretty good especially, and makes me feel better about miner too. There could be a w/w world I guess where that specific point was planned then brought up, but I'm liking miner a lot independently.

Not a big fan of #708 by Acio only answering half of the question. Unless he means he likes tom because he agrees with him re me? If that's the case, his question about my town read on Rubicon is super weaksauce. Also the vote on Fable as a reply (though I'm not clear if that's intentional?)

Oh I forgot Vaimes is minor V/LA due to wifi problems. So scratch my complaints about "falling off".

#733 is yucky. What's with the obsession with contentless posts, but then not posting that much to analyse yourself? I feel like half of their posts so far mention this.

I think I should probably do a reread on tom where I'm not already biased against him whilst reading them for the first time. He's got quite a few posts (like #766 for example) that look good but I'm probably not giving full credit towards.

I'm of two mind on dC right now. Tonally he's really good, but his vote and justification (the coy "for reasons" bit) on fluff is bad, especially his reaction to getting called out on it. Yet, I don't think scum!dC really flip flops his position this much? And wouldn't vote for tom in #785.

But I'm the one in the game without an avatar! But fine, since you asked nicely. (Just need to wait for me to get back home since I'm staying late and using the work computer to post atm)

#824 by tom is really bad after his post earlier. He's "sampled" (which means literally cherry picked parts of my posts where I apparently disliked some of the stuff dC has done) my posts, but didn't bother to point out the reasons I'm actually town-reading dC for - the frustration/tone bit for instance.

Ok, at the top of pg44/#861 now. Gonna take a short break (~10/20mins) and get back to this.

5. Jarizok

If the last, you don't buy that tom could be agent? Any particular reason for that?

6. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

EBWOP:

*Also dislike the vote on Fable as a reply to the question

*tom's post earlier = "#788"

---------- Post automerged at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

EBWOP 2:

*#733 is by Beru (if that wasn't clear)

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't really want to comment on the Agent/Witch thing.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    (Union coffee break. Which is a joke. This gig isn't union. We just finished unloading the truck now everyone is smoking)

If I'm LW that could be signaling my team.
    If I'm Agent, that could be faking oUT the big witches.
    If I'm neither, maybe I didn't know they had roles until I read the role that knows the roles of the agents.
    If I'm conspirator I was hoping someone would point that out so I could accomplish the most pointless derp clear of all time.

9. Jarizok

I wanna say "fair enough", but I'm not sure it is?

We can drop it for now, but you're not going to get your tom counterwagon.

---------- Post automerged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Lol, conspirator distance like this would be pretty epic. You haven't claimed that yet right? Where's the gif?

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I've decided that instead of being angry at the thread, I'm going to be angry at the mods instead. I just got here, but if you guys want the subforum to be deleted immediately after this game, that's fine. Lol.

#1084 is very wiggly. Do not like.

That feel when everyone on your wagon is a witch. Why is only half the game actually playing?

I feel like Fonti finally convinced me to buy a cool new Lego set but it turned out to be a knockoff missing half the pieces.

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Hmm the brashness in #864 by Citrus reads really convincing to me. That and #860. Kinda "righteous townie" to a T. I don't really understand his reasoning for his vote for me in #891 though. He has a wall where he put me as a gut scum read, and that's it as far I remember? Small note to check back on this when I'm caught up.

Oh I see, mostly the mistake with the VC. Ok scratch that point then.

Ok pausing at the top of p52 for a bit just to make an actual case with quotes about my last point about tom, because this is a lot of selective reading and misrepresentation he's done of my posts so far and he keeps repeating it.

This is even in one of the posts he quotes! I don't even have that many posts to reread to find this. Like his case is not genuine imo, especially since he literally hops off my wagon whenever/wherever he feels like (empty vote on Acio, vote on Beru).

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I am the world's most devious conspirator. Agents are a killing role and an info role, so hopefully they can do some work for us.
    *prays gif works on mobile*
    [​IMG]

13. Jarizok

Why do you need to be angry at all?

---------- Post automerged at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

I mean, I get it, you were hyped about playing and then it doesn't turn out like you'd hoped.

We're a fairly tight player group and it can feel you're not "in" when you start here.

I experienced that. Fable experienced that. But if you just play and try to have fun, it's a great group of guys! (And gals)

All this AtE and threatening to have the sub forum removed? I don't get it.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Woot all caught up. Nothing else that really sticks out to me in the last couple pages, except the whole tom claiming LW point being full of WIFOM and therefore NAI imo.

Reads BEFORE:
    Town: dC, owner, Rubicon, Vaimes
    lean-town: miner, Citrus
    null???: kai
    lean-scum: dyachei, (fluff, cobalt), jari
    scum: tom
    (not on the list: Acio, Beru, Fable, jwlk)

Reads now:
    Town: dC, Rubicon, miner, Jari
    lean-town: owner, Vaimes, Citrus, Fable, kai
    lean-scum: dyachei, (fluff, Cobalt), Acio, Beru
    scum: tom
    (not on the list: jwlk)

Reasoning:
    Moved Vaimes/owner down because their play has not been as strong as the start of the game (which is fair enough for Vaimes, but maybe a little worrying re:eek:wner).

Miner is town, because his posts just are. His tone is good, his content is now good. The switch of focus away from Vaimes once Vaimes went V/LA reads super genuine and engaged imo.

I think overall dC is town. There's lots of little stuff I keep noticing, but his tone reads town to me I think. I feel like I'm following along with his thought process in the thread, even if I don't always agree with where they end up (e.g. vote on fluff).

Similarly with Citrus. His tone is good I think.

Jari is town because of that one wall post he did being really good. Already gave my thoughts on that post.

kai is lean-town because of reasons given in #1084. lean-town not town because I can't really read kai usually so am surprised there's something to go off of.

Nothing really new to say about dyachei/fluff/Cobalt yet.

I've disliked some of the stuff Acio has done so far in the thread so he is lean-scum. But I think I should really ISO Fable/Acio to sort them out so this is a weakish read for now pending reread.

Beru, I need to go look at the wall/her reads again, but mostly I just remember complaints about low-content posting. So another weakish read pending re-read.

Vote stays on tom for reasons explained in my last post. I think that's everyone?

---------- Post automerged at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

EBWOP:

*Should say RE: Owner instead of that smiley

---------- Post automerged at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

EBWOP 2:
    Oh I forgot to give reasons about Rubicon. I still think he is town for the reasons I've already given. Nothing new he's done sticks out to me as worrying /bad.

15. Jarizok

This is a muuuuch better readslist Wei. Good to see you've come around.

It'd be perfect if you'd drop the tom scumread as well, but can't win 'm all I guess.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Ok I've spent like 2/3 hours on this in a row so I'm going to take a longer break now. I plan to re-read Fable still (was going to do this today but catching up took forever). Also need to re-read Acio/Beru.

17. Jarizok

Like the commitment, but I don't think Fable is going anywhere today, so Beru/Acio might be a better read.

Not that a Fable ISO wouldn't be useful. He's the one I have the weakest read on by far (not counting Jwlk because lol). Just that it can wait if you don't want to overdo it.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm rereading the thread, and I just have to say... I really like this post.

Also..... Jarizok.

You don't seem to have any clue at all about any meta things I'm posting, so if you could just ignore them instead of thinking that they're actually about like, alignment based stuff, that would be great.

I even asked the mods privately and all I got in response were lolcats, so...

19. Jarizok

My last post was 100% alignment-neutral.

20. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I think a better idea of Fable is pretty importantly for reading Acio though. We'll see how much actually gets done.