1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

If Citrus is faking his frustration/irritation here, he's doing a good job of it.

8/10

---------- Post automerged at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Contentwise I'm in camp Fable though. Bit weaksauce defense.

Tone never wins over content Citrus! Except when it does occasionally.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I was talking about Tom in regards to going from the bottom to high, as he's literally the one you cited on me doing that.

I already said they're gut/tonal reads based off my own experience and what I remember of them wrt beruru.

What the fuck does that even mean, are you seriously saying stagnation in reads is the baseline you expect. Seriously don't even.

If you have a problem with me not giving reasons for things just ask and I'm happy to provide whatever's missing, I spend just about every minute I'm on here productively not to mention thinking about stuff when idle and not on the thread. Seriously you're now nitpicking for ridiculous expectations, whatever I'm not really interested on responding to you much more

Because of the options I vastly prefer you. Doesn't mean you're a super scum read, it means I don't want to vote the other 2 at that time and by process of elimination I'm left with you

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Wanting a visible progression on someone is a a ridiculous expectation? I feel like in that case your standards are rather low. Like I'm not a mind reader if you don't write down your thoughts then I can't know what they are so I really don't think that's an unreasonable criticism. I don't expect stagnation but if people are jumping around your reads then I do expect to be able to figure out why from your posts. And yes you prefer me to the other options I understand that BUT WHY? You've barely said anything about me so far so I don't know why you prefer me and again that is not an unreasonable request to know why you think something, if we all played the way you are right now this game couldn't function because nobody would know why anybody thinks what they think.

4. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Vote: Fable

5. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Beruru re-read:

#286: entrance is a bit awkward. Clearly it's not RVS anymore, and the naked Jari vote along with statements that "nothing is actually happening" read both badly in terms of content, but also a bit forced.

#311 - #330: only having the one read is w/e, she hasn't posted that many times yet. I'm not really sure where the questions asked about other people's experience is leading to though, especially on fluff.

#338: I can sort of see where she is coming from as someone unfamiliar with site meta. I'm just a little concerned about hiding behind voting for someone for easy to understand reasons and not doing much else. In this sense though, I think the brashness and the glee at saying Jari made a content post after being called out for it reads pretty genuine.

There's then a massive drop off in content. She still somehow only has 3 official reads at #791. Then the random Acio defence at #795? Is that not also a read? Feels random to leave off.

The constant calling out of "contentless" or "useless" posts rings a bit false to me. I can see the frustration behind it, though I think this frustration is if anything a little scummy. It seems a bit too easy to hide behind complaints about how hard the thread is to re-read and calling out miner/Jari, but it's not like Beru has contributed much to the thread.

#960 - the readslist. Some other people called out Cobalt being that high, but I don't think it's too big a deal. I'm more confused/concerned at the ordering of her null reads - (Cobalt, owner, me, fluff) and the fact that she put Rubicon in between them. I just find the ordering based a lot on how serious people seem to play rather lazy.

#968 - I don't get this town thought process from this post. Like ?? Even the explanation in #977 barely helps. She's basically put down two sentences on why she disliked Jarizok early on in the game (~#300) and since then not really tried to even convince anyone of this. This disinterest just reads badly imo.

Like I liked the question on why people were townreading Jarizok, it makes it seem like she wants to actually sort Jari. But her actions after that just don't show the same desire.

This is also the problem with her read on me, like her actions just don't reflect her actual reads??

The only thing (well there are two things) that makes me hesitate is I'm not sure how much of this clear disinterest trends from her clear frustration at the game not going like she expected to. The other being tom being second on the beru wagon.

Vote:Beruru

Though I think I'd still prefer tom to be lynched, there seems to be more consensus here.

---------- Post automerged at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

??

Why are you voting Fable?

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Reason?

10char

7. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Vote Count 1.8.

Beru [5]: Miner, Tom, Jari, Fable, Wei.
    Fable [4]: Acio, Dyachei, Citrus, Rubicon.
    Citrus [2]: Vaimes, DC.
    DichotomousCreator [2]: Owner, Fluff.
    Jari [1]: Cobalt.
    Tom [1]: Kai.
    Weiyaoli [1]: Beruru.

Not Voting [1]: Jwlk.

Deadline is at Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1)

With 17 votes alive, it will be 9 votes to soft lynch and 13 votes to hard lynch.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Going into work, probably gone for the rest of the day but will try to post if I can. Final thoughts for now is beruru wagon seems mostly pure ( tom is the the only ? I have on there). As far as my wagon goes Acio could be a wolf but I'm willing to entertain the possibility of playstyle clash in his case but we'll see. Citrus most likely wolf on my wagon and I'm still V reading dya and Rubicon which means wolves probably hanging out off wagon mostly.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

???

There is a freaking visible progress in terms of reading my posts over the course of the entire game. You're literally just attacking my playstyle, I don't even see how that's something alignment indicative you're complaining about.

Like what your complaints are literally not even painting me as scum now, you're just literally complaining. Seriously. "if everyone did what you did the game wouldn't function". Beyond the fact that that's a shitty attack on my way to play, that literally doesn't even translate to thinking I'm scum. If you're saying my doing so is scum, you can't even extrapolate that to the entire game because there's a fixed minority of scum in the game.

So you're getting up in arms due to my playstyle, not due to alignment indicative of scum issues.

But please, continue to waste your time writing giant paragraphs of nothing while the last few hours of day continue to tick away. Like if you think I'm scum you should be making a case to everyone else about why they should vote me. But oh wait looks like you can't, hence your angry darts you're throwing at me over and over as if you're trying to convince ME that I'm scum because of playstyle reasons rather than use your time productively

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I agree with you that dyachei, Acionyx, and Rubicon are probably not wolves, if that makes you feel better.

I could also swear you wanted to 1v1 Acionyx because he was a scum read of yours, but I guess you forgot about your fake read while you were distracted with your poor attempt at faking anger against me, the only likely wolf on your wagon apparently

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Can anyone make a solid case for beruru and Fable being unaligned? Out of curiosity, I haven't really tried to track it and am wishing I did now

10. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    That seems a challenging ask considering I had /zero/ posts at that point.

11. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    fable looks a bit better than he did previously. And I agree that Citrus' initial reads post is awful. Like makes no sense awful. I don't think he believed in it, either.

His irritation/frustration here could be real as either alignment. Could be caught for the wrong reasons.

vote: citrus

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fable
    Why do you think dyachei is lock-clear for voting you when asked when you guys have an extensive history playing mafia. Does that read include that history context? Do you normally not gambit like that?

13. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I'm lock clear from tone. That's how this works, right?

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Alternatively: How is a 100% safe dump vote a town signal.

Citrus I'm about to ISO rubicon you wanna join me on that?

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

There really is no need to be rude, and I asked Fable not you

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'll be around at EoD hopefully (though no promises) if anything major happens, but otherwise I'm taking a break from this thread for a bit.

I know I still haven't re-read Acio, so I'll do that (+reread dyachei) over N1.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sure, although I feel pretty good about him so not sure why him specifically

Did you want me to look at any of his posts in particular or what?

18. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    It was a joke. :facepalm

And I know you asked fable which is why I didn't answer the content of your question (see what I did there).

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Alternatively: Is there someone you want to ISO?

But yeah rubicon is one of the least clear reads this game to me feel free to clarify why you think he's good.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok I'm up.
    And I'm inquisitor. It's like I'm cop, but the only result I get is [priest/acolyte/bishop] or NOT. Definitely seems like it would be a role wolves want, so I'm glad I have it. Will likely just be using it on people that might be lynched so I can protect them if holy. Hopefully I'll have more clout moving forward since I died in the mash and will actually be paying attention now, so my protection might actually mean something.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

And with that, I'ma just start from the beginning here and see what happens.