1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

LW are put in the uncomfortable position of trying to mislynch town but never sure that they're not going to hit an Elder Witch. Therefore LW behavior (at least how I interpreted it when I first read the rules and considered how I would play each role) is probably going to be focusing on townreads and kind of being more consensus-y on scumreads. There's also the idea that they'd be more "in the background" so to speak, because they simultaneously don't want to draw attention to themselves not do they want to start pushes on people because you never know if you hit an Elder or not.

So they're likely focusing on who they townread and trying to pick up cues from the thread on who could be an Elder (this is why I think beru is prolly a LW or a really ballsy/gam biting agent) and then trying to push a townread their way. Hence, I don't like beru's behavior towards Acio like at all.

I dunno that's my interpretation if it. Could be confbiasing though since I did LT owner yesterday.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hmmm...so to boil it down, LW tend to be biding their time and Owner has been overly aggressive D1 to qualify for that, you reckon?

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

That's an oversimplification, but essentially yes.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Yeah I know, I just wanted to make sure I at least understood the gist of it.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

On the one hand, I apologize for being so wrong on Tom and making it way harder to lynch him. On the other hand, I totally don't feel that bad because he basically pocketed me for D1 by protecting me with the argument I was having with dyachei, and I pretty much wasn't going to pull out of that before D1 ended.

Also question regarding whomever said the dyachei kill made it more likely for me to be scum - because she was scum reading me, or why?

I'll be around in force later, phone checking in right now.

Oh and also I repeatedly lost cell signal during the last few hours of D1 and straight up couldn't access the thread at times (probably due to so many cell phones at the concert I was at)

---------- Post automerged at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Vote diatomaceouscreator

I'd like to focus on owner or diatomaceous creator for whenever I get back to the thread. I'd focus on owner except she's not around right now and dC has been as of day starting

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok so here's my hottake:

Assuming rubicon is town then Beru is never Elder here. Possibly a recruitable BUT that makes her Citrus (I think it was about Citrus at least) speculation SUPER WEIRD because why would you even if you're one of them?? I mean, this is a less strong consideration for beru since she isn't a typical 'straightfoward' player but it's still something.

So overall, I feel pretty ok with beru now. Part of that is also Rubicon not being OBVIOUSLY A WITCH this game so I feel more comfortable with him.

I'm not sure that clearing people off your own valuation to how the Little witches ought to play is a smart move here since the mechanic is new to everybody except me, beru and acio afaik, and I'd imagine everybody has a different idea of the correct way to play it.

I still feel good about Miner, and I guess DC and fluff are ok at this point.

For lynches today I wanna start at

lynch fable

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Well, I mean, /words/. Good job?

---------- Post automerged at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

I had this whole angry speach preferred that boiled down to "wtf guys!", but then the flip turned out to be not-bad and I'm left here with no idea where to go.

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 ----------

Prepared*

I mean, maybe I preferred it as well, since that would've meant my tom read was correct, but I meant to say prepared.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Upon reflection, KaiDASH is like 99% a witch this game. Zero spice in that ISO.

Vote: KaiDASH

9. Jarizok

Hiya Silver! Welcome to the game. I don't what had and han't happened at post 1000, so let me read back and I'll answer your question!in a sec.

Did you scumread tom yesteeday? We have no way to verify this, so you can brag a bit. Just curious.

10. KaiDASH

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I would like to give scumteam a hearty round of applause for killing dyachei after I spent the night rereading her they totally do not deserve swift kick in the shins for that.

12. Jarizok

This feels like's it's right. Haven't spend time looking into it at all, but it fits on first sight.

---------- Post automerged at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

You are not Oment.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

This is someone's sig, isn't it?

Anyways, not a fan of a Kai lynch today. If only because we can get more mech spec out of him later.

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

<_<

I'm so conflicted.

14. Rubicon

And I read one of her games on MU and convinced myself to pressure her today in case she was fooling me.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

dya was p obviously town. Or at least Not Elder.

16. Rubicon

A summary of Kai's entire ISO:
    "I think I like dyachei"

"I kind of want to lynch fluff for doing fluff things but maybe not"

"He's a bit different but not in a bad way imo"

"citrus is kinda weird"

"acio what are you trying to do here?"

"hi tom what are you trying to do here?"

"he's different, but that doesn't mean he's scum"

"DC: I'm actually least sure about this, but I can't quite find a logical way for him to be scum here?"

*** random unexplained Tom vote ***
    "citrus what are you trying to do here?"

"On one hand she feels classic-ish beru, on the other hand her thing with acio was ???"

"I've read what you've said, but at this point I don't think it's anything better than random chance. Which is kind of whatever."

"I'm kind of agreeing with Vaimes on Citrus"

"On Citrus specifically I don't really remember?"
    This level of passiveness, going with the flow, not offending anyone, not doing anything exciting, not really scumhunting in any meaningful way - does not feel like town KaiDASH.

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

This is also incredibly bland.

17. KaiDASH

☑ Lazy lynches
    ☑ Signalling town effort
    ☑ Rubicon

☑ Must be scum

18. Jarizok

Man, reading back I really wish I'd been scum with tom all this time. The quality bants would have been /so smooth/ as w/w interactions. Pristine stuff.

Can we say tom spewed me not-coven from that or are we saying I'm capable of interactions like that with a known partner? This question is the best question.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

If Rubicon's scum, who are his partners?

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Why on Earth would you ever do this to me?

20. KaiDASH

I'm trolling because Rubicon's being silly.

He's basically accusing me of missing my essential essence.