1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    It doesn't matter that you didn't play the games, but it definitely matters that you can't read them. I'm not used to some people in here doing things that the old crew would definitely classify as mistakes, but it's impossible to show you the reasons why, so I'm going to have to get used to it. Rip me.

I've never said Vaimes was anything but town. If he actually posted useful content, you guys could see it too.

Vaimes I know that you're trying to channel Prime or whatever, but if you could actually post something longer than a tweet, that would be great.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Silver is boy.

---------- Post automerged at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 ----------

I'm at a sleepover so Actual Posts will have to wait.

Also the FS archives still exist.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I know you've said Vaimes town, I just can't seem to recall reasoning for it.

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If you say this too loudly, Sirlin will murder you in your sleep.

I might have to go get some games for people to read if it's really back up for real this time, then...

---------- Post automerged at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Is Vaimes... not town?

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sooo had people over way later than expected, so will have to delay being around tmre morning. Did skim through everything real quick though

6. Jarizok

Vaimes is definitely something.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Beruru

Until I understand why in the world you and Acio hard-defended each other on some really sketchy meta reasons you're not resolved.

Also Vaimes is like.... not his usual town self.

So like if he's town here we can all make fun of him after the game.

But I still want to lynch him at some point. Just maybe not today in light of tom's flip.

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Just a quick pop-in to say I'll endeavour to be around in real time in ~5/6 hours for a bit in case anyone wants to do stuff in real time then.

Have stuff on Acio to post, but I figure I might as well add a section reflecting on post tom flip so that'll come around then too.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 2.1.

Citrus [4]: dC, his fluffiness, Jarikzok, KaiDASH.
    Beruru [3]: Miner, Fable, weiyaoli
    Fable [1]: Vaimes
    dC [1] : Citrus.
    KaiDASH [1] : Rubicon

Not Voting [5]: Silver, Acio, Owner, Cobalt, Beruru.

Today is a 96 hour day. Countdownclock

With 15 alive you will need 8 for softlynch and 12 for hardlynch.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt

I was promised things.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Man that first citrus reads list just got way weirder with tom at the bottom but him voting dya instead, vaimes voting tom the moment he was put under pressure is also noted, I was half joking about that being a bus at the time but maybe I'm just that fucking sick.

---------- Post automerged at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Beruru might just be a villager, gonna go throw up now and wash my mouth out with soap.

---------- Post automerged at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Is this tom trying to force us to V read wolf!citrus or is this what I did with Reg/Pien in RWBY?

---------- Post automerged at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Yeah this seems like it's more of a pocket attempt than w/w now.

---------- Post automerged at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Wei also probably spewed clear fwiw.

12. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Acionyx:

His dC vote is ok I guess, if a little lacking in reasoning for a non-RVS vote. He then asks a lot of questions to different people, but it's not really clear what he is getting out of them. Miner's point that he replies to in #504 seems a pretty good read of the situation.

Mostly, I don't really understand his thought process. His hop from dC -> Citrus -> dC again obviously isn't really explained beyond dC is scum after 8 pages in his opening post. I don't really understand his voting for Citrus most of all, given that he seems to think Citrus's issues with dyachei didn't come from thin air (#527), as well as it being a response to dC's post?

#625 attempts to explain some of it, and it's a pretty good post. Compared to owner's point about dC's tone, I think he backs it up with a bit of meta and further evidence such as the mechanics talk and it's much more solid of a case.

It does look a bit worse after tom flip, the whole absolving Citrus of not voting for tom as well as his own read on tom is bad. Citrus/tom/Acio doesn't seem impossible from what happened D1.

I still don't understand his Citrus vote at all, given he puts him as town in #679 again. Like, did I miss something apart from #452? It seems like he decided to scum read Citrus, and then totally change that to a town read??

Oh, forget the point I made about Acio yesterday at some point being confused why he voted for Fable after a quote asking for thoughts on tom/me since that was his question aimed at owner.

So in #1423 calls Citrus/Dyachei unaligned. That just makes me more confused, since he liked dyachei, but disliked other people on Citrus's wagon?

I think the major problem I have with Acio is his Citrus read doesn't make any sense to me. Like his progression is basically made up. At one point he also claims he is going to re-read and develop the Citrus read (which was apparently based on not liking the people apart from dyachei voting for Citrus), which goes absolutely nowhere as far as I can see.

I think I need to re-read Citrus next, but Acio looks pretty bad if Citrus is a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Like his stuff about Citrus (after stating he wants to re-read him) in reverse order:

Like the bit I bolded, I just don't understand how that came about based on what he stated he did. Also he's posted today, without dropping a Citrus vote so...

---------- Post automerged at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

And I've just noticed I tend to use "like" too much when writing. Sorry if that annoys anyone (it's annoying me now that I've noticed it).

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Nah I do it a ton too, it's fine.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I'm around whilst watching the Wimbledon final in case anyone wanted to ask me any questions/point me to stuff they want me to look at.

Otherwise I'll be around this evening (~7-10 hours time) since I'm off to watch Spider-man with a friend after.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vote:Acio

/ten

16. Jarizok

Yet another tom reread.

First things first, Miner is basically always town for #105

Then, something very interesting.

Fake derp. More importantly though, tom's Citrus focus predates Citrus' first post!

Moving on, if tom talks about any scum at all in his first readspost, it's Fable or DC. Probably more likely DC than Fable if I'm basing it on this just post alone. Vague bad feelings about a partner are more likely than calling them out on "a big fat hedge" this early.

His follow up on DC is a bit reachie for a townread as well.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh yay lmao

Miner I'm working all day today but I'm off tomorrow and catching up is on my long list of things to do now that I moved in yesterday.

18. Jarizok

Miner town again. This read is locked. I will not ever lynch Miner this game. Red checks on him are fake.

The start of tom white knighting Citrus. He keeps this up all day. Two or three posts before he's lynched: "Successfully dissipated the Citrus wagon." That he did this is of course obvious. I haven't made up my mind yet if they decided to powerwolf at gamestart, or if tom wanted the pocket and the towncred for a correct V-read that badly. I would appreciate any and all thoughts on this.

This feels genuinely off the cuff. Probably not knowingly aligned with Acio.

DC is one of only 3 townreads tom has at this point. 3 townreads. Remember tom's 2 DC posts before this? "Slightly disconcerted by DC full stop" "Think I'm ok with DC" with basically nothing in between. And a dare to Weiyao to come up with better reasons to scumread DC I guess. We can count that as a DC post. This is the point where we

Vote DC

His response to Miner probing him about Citrus in that same readslist also points in the direction that's a "real" read, making DC the scum in DC/Citrus.

Looks good for Cobalt. Don't really want to say that because I just noticed another RL day of no posts is incoming, but he was town in WH8 after an AFK D1, so it's possible.

This becomes

in 5 minutes. Stating you need a read on someone usually leads to actually reading them. For scum, there is no such need, but usually they want to at least keep up appearances?

FTR, tom's reread of DC becomes a post of things Weiyao has said about DC for shade on Weiyao, followed up by a question to DC what he thinks about it.

There is never actually any mention of reading DC, which is scummie ofc, but we already know tom is scum. He doesn't try to paint DC into the same bad corner he does Weiyao though. He goes after Weiyao with the big guns, then softballs DC consistently. He proposes Weiy/DC/Beru///Fable/Acio without a stated DC read independent of Weiyao at all and never pushes for the lynch to go there. Never actually pokes at DC at all. He pushes DC by proxy, espousing a Weiyao/DC alignment.

But then look, this is 25 minutes after he proposed the above scumteam:

Citrus [5]: Wei, Dyachei, Jari, Rubicon, Vaimes
    Tom [4]: Owner, DC, Fluff, kai

DC isn't even orange! Null yellow. He JUST said Weiyao/DC w/w.

Tom moves his focus to the Beru mislynch now. Yes, I'm prepared to say that would have probably been a mislynch by now. Tom just takes the opportunity offered by Beru's weird wall and defense of it and moves safely with thread flow against Beru.

Tom remembers to put DC in orange again in his next readwall (#944). I don't think DC was mentioned by tom at all between between being w/w with Weiyao, yellow in the votecount and orange here.

Yeah, Beru town. You don't essay this to a partner when you're sharing a QT.
    Also this:

"You can still lynch Beru if I flip before he does."

Some last minute distancing.

And that's it.

Everyone aboard the DC train please.

---------- Post automerged at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

I mean, someone should probably ISO DC himself, but tom's ISO was way bigger so I'm going to pass the baton.

---------- Post automerged at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Whoops, I just remembered DC started the tom CFD?

Guys?

Help?

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That was the funniest thing I've read.

---------- Post automerged at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

In summary: dC is a LW at worst.

20. Jarizok

Screw it, tom said himself that he once got massive towncred for that, and he wasn't really fighting his lynch yesterday. I stand by this vote. I'll give HF the cred for starting that wagon instead :D

Jarizok
    Miner

Rubicon
    Weiyao
    Owner

Beru
    Kai
    Fluff

Cobalt
    Citrus

Silver
    Fable