1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If there's a time where it's correct to explain [redacted], I'd be more than happy to do so

---------- Post automerged at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

So I'm thinking it might be kinda important to start separating out what people mean when they say things like "not a witch". For example, Fable assuming you're using that post by Owner to anti-align her with Tom, it wouldn't really help to lock her as town if she were a little witch (as then she would not know what Tom was to begin with). Much more useful to say something like "Owner is not an EW" etc.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Do you believe owner is a witch?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Feeling very good about Miner, Jarizok, Fluffiness (not in any particular order), Rubicon
    Feeling good about weiyaoli, Acionyx

No read on Cobalt, nor new quite yet

Waiting to see how Vaimes handles D2

Owner, kai, Fable, dC, beruru is the pool that needs the most sorting imo.

dichotomousCreator Can you talk me through any of your scum-reads outside of the one you have on me? Or your thoughts on any of the pool I'm trying to sort through above (with the exception of beruru).

Beruru Unless you think there's a reason why you shouldn't, can you talk me through why you suddenly dropped that post asserting that I'm a LW/Agent? Like in terms of mechanically why you did so and how your read on me at that time was affecting why you did so

---------- Post automerged at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I don't really have a good feel for her first half of D1, and she kinda trickled out for the second half of D1. I'm more sitting at a *I have things I was looking for to rule a Town!Owner / Hmm her play is not quite how I expected her to approach this game thus far*, which is leaving me with a PoE (as I just posted) with her in it. I kinda expect to have a bit of a stronger town-read on her by this far into the game than I do. Which is making me slightly lean scum-read in a nutshell

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Spider-Man was fun.

Will try to re-read Citrus and get something posted in ~1/2 hours or so

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Owner is not a witch.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

In case I forget, have something interesting and [redacted] to say wrt Beruru but want to hear her response to me first

---------- Post automerged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Noted.

What do you think of dC right now?

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Is this meant to indicate that I am the weakest of the "very good" townreads?

Could you explain both of these townreads in as much detail as possible? Not only do I struggle to read them, but I see no explanation in your ISO so far.

Kind of expected you to have a stronger response to that post.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It was actually me writing that out, then thinking how to sort you and Acionyx, then placing you in that tier as well and just throwing you onto the end of the sentence. But it would be true that you're a slightly weaker read than the other 3 so yes.

Yeah I'll do it in a sec.

You're not wrong to have such an expectation

---------- Post automerged at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I remember liking this post a lot, although I can't recall what about it specifically now. I think it was for the specific reads but ???

Weak anti-alignment

Really really liked this post. Granted I'd been doing it too so there's a little less credit for it than if I hadn't been, but this felt like he was really trying to evaluate Beruru as well

Actually it might've been this one. Felt a natural progression on his read on Beruru up to this point, especially as Beruru had planted her on him which I feel would make it slightly harder to fake genuinity.

Liked this as a significant post for D2 so far. Would prefer not to comment further til Acionyx is done responding to him actually

That's the wei iso for why he falls as a second tier town-read for me right now

---------- Post automerged at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Actually I take it back, I just realized I'm dumb and DO want to make a stronger response
    Fable is it because of dyachei dying last night, or what aspect is it for of her post?

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand what you're asking?

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Vote: Acionyx

Don't actually have enough time to fully re-read Citrus tonight as it turns out. Vote still goes here for now though.

Gonna go get the re-read started and post it all tomorrow instead of half of it tonight.

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    He (and you) were the only people in the thread at the time who seemed actually interested in interacting /with/ me instead of at me.

That said: not so much a townread as "if this is a bad move then everyone else can suck it".

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I did it because dC is part of the can't read faction, and I felt that his (and others') understanding was important.

Like, I had already made previous posts talking around why I'd changed my read of you, and was expecting dC to be familiar with the concept of not posting role/faction reads openly and instead hinting at it and hoping that the other person is town and also that witches won't understand why the read is actually what it is (especially because this game has role kills... the concept of open secrecy is important) (also it kind of looks stupid when you write it out that way but it's never not worked for me in the last half decade so whatever).

The fact that I had to say it in plain English to dC because apparently he didn't understand that you were doing the thing was really bad, obviously. Since I had to just come out and say "hey Citrus is probably Agent and not LW", you're never gonna be picked. The 50/50 chance of LWs not ascending is 66/33 if I'm accurate and you're townread.

There's no mechanics here, bro. I'm just playing witchhunt.

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Oh yeah! Important Beru question.

Obviously, the chances of Rubi dying tonight are hella high. If it's the only confirmed role all game, do you think it's important to us to know what Tom's role was? Like, depending on the role it is... of course, Rubi already used their best judgement, but do you guys have meta about this? I'm obviously not familiar with how this thread treats GD.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fable
    Ok. Can you talk me through why owner is town based off the posts you quoted?

Will read through beruru's post more extensively later, but for now wanted to point out - beruru is never a little witch or agent now, correct? In all worlds where she thinks I'm one of the two categories and she is also, she automatically would assert that I'm a little witch

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    *forum, not thread.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Beruru If Rubicon dies, he's confirmed town (correct me if I'm mistaken about roles anyone). I trust town Rubicon to reveal Tom's role if he thinks he should.

Per the above, if beruru is confidently anti aligned with Tom, she's theoretically probably clear due to the above logic making her not a little witch either

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    :facepalm

:)facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm)

---------- Post automerged at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I feel like Rubicon is always town, though. That's why I'm asking those things, because we're all currently assuming that Rubi is town and making all our decisions in that world. Right?

Also, I can't believe you read my post and then proceeded to post these posts.

17. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Alright, pretty much caught up I guess.

I am a boy/guy/man but I don't really care about pronouns. Also it happens a lot so maybe I'm just used to it.

Jarizok: Thanks. I kind of thought it was ~weird~ you said you wanted to lynch her in #995 because I couldn't really tell if you thought she was scum or not up to that point... but I think we're good.

And I kind of thought tom was town at EoD, but my town read on Rubicon is way stronger. I'm like, one for four reading scum!tom now or something?

-------------

Silvercrys3467
    Rubicon
    Jarizok / Miner
    Vaimes / Owner
    dichotomousCreator / weiyaoli
    Kaidash / His Fluffiness / Cobalt
    Citrus
    Fable / Beruru <> Acionyx

-------------

Rubicon: is ~approximately never~ knowingly aligned with tom for #380, is never knowingly aligned with tom/citrus for #618, and is independently a villager for his progression on basically all players. He just seems like he has a ton of nuanced reads that would be somewhere between difficult and impossible to fake in my experience.

Jarizok: is also ~approximately never~ knowingly aligned with tom for the progression in his iso post (#1052) and the follow up #1072. Also probably not knowingly aligned with Beruru for the thing that happened.

Miner: gun to my head, he's town? I sort of think he's not knowingly aligned with tom for #491 and #499. And I'd be willing to sheep / am partially sheeping his Acio read. His #964 is probably not alignment indicative but I liked it anyway.

Vaimes: is more than likely a villager. I've played with him as both alignments and read a ton of his games. It's just a meta read without a ton of substance, sorry.

Owner: is probably just not knowingly aligned with tom for several of the things she said about him. I guess I could see her as a Little Witch from an interactions standpoint but I kind of think she believes her reads and wants them lynched.

dichotomousCreator: His progressions ~mostly track and his wallposts were good, but his tom progression gives me strange feelings. He like, put him at null/lean scum for most of the day without talking about it much and then the thing at EoD was weird.

Weiyaoli: His interactions with tom (#377, #1114) make them probably not knowingly aligned but I can't really articulate why I think he's town as opposed to a Little Witch. I liked some of his posts but I can't re-find them just skimming his iso. (Preview edit: Oh, Citrus found them.)

KaiDASH and hisFluffiness: It might just be me, but I can't really remember anything either of them has said or done. I'll iso them later when my brain isn't fried from reading 1500 posts in 48 hours and diving isos all day.

Cobalt: actually just null

Citrus: I have a somewhat strong opinion about the thing but I'm holding on to that for raisins. The raisins are drenched in wine and probably -EV to talk about, but they're delicious. So playing it straight up, I really hated the line he took against dya. Buuuut I can definitely believe he was being pocketed by tom. It's one of tom's favorite things. The rest of his iso is somewhere between ok and null, but the dya thing was bad enough that I think he's at least plausibly scum. Just, probably not with Fable.

Fable: This is mostly just the thing with Citrus. It's explainable, like he did, but I probably never say a scumread is confirmation biasing as if it's a reason to scum read them because that requires me to believe they're arguing in good faith and wolves probably aren't doing that. I feel like he's plausible scum with tom, too, but I'll have to dig through his and tom's iso for quotes later to verify. Possibly tomorrow.

Beruru: Her early stuff is some combination of unimpressive/forgettable/low impact/etc. Kai vote in #988 comes out of basically nowhere, I couldn't find anything she'd said about him before that? Her Jarizok progression is also not great. She just votes him in her first post and scum reads him forever for ~reasons~ before they get into it later on.

Acionyx: This is some combination of agreeing with Miner/dyachei's read and the following: He basically just tunneled dC early game and stopped to hop on the Citrus wagon, then got off the Citrus wagon and criticized Rubicon for being on it. Spent the rest of the day trying to get dC lynched and settled on Fable.It's not a very good look.

-------------

Beruru <> Acionyx:
    I don't think they're knowingly aligned. I can't really see wolf!Beru offering a weird meta read on a partner like she did early.

Fable <> Citrus: These two are ~approximately never~ knowingly aligned for their thing around #1289. Just doesn't look like scum theater. There's a small chance of Elder!Fable and Little!Citrus but I don't reeeally think it's true.

-------------

I'd be okay with any of my bottom four getting lynched, but I'd like to start with:

vote: Fable

-------------

Citrus: I don't think Beru is cleared as not-Little-Witch-or-Agent from that. I'm willing to give reasons if pressed but talking about it is ~probably~ bad.

I'll be back for real time in around 3 hours if anyone wants a piece of me.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Acionyx, can you like..... back me up on ancient WH meta?
    Silvercrys3467 I'm still scumreading Jari forever, by the way. lolheart. Also, what do you think of my reads? Check my colour-coded votal, I think that's the last time I posted them...

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Did you miss the part where she pushed for tom to die?

---------- Post automerged at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I don't know why the top post is there.

---------- Post automerged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Also Silver wolf reading me because I'm doing a thing he wouldn't do is pretty great.

---------- Post automerged at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Okay wait wait wait wait wait.

Silver thinks Acio settling for me is not a good look WHEN SILVER IS FUCKING VOTING FOR ME AT THIS VERY MOMENT. WHAT?! Like it would be one thing if it was some lame off wagon vote that made it looked like acio didn't want to get involved in anything meaningful but I was a very real wagon at EoD and dC was never getting lynch and settling for me makes perfect sense given his options. That seems like silver didn't think this through at all or that's not a real read.

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Also I'm presuming from that post he thinks me and Acio could be aligned which makes no sense whatsoever.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

???

It's information that the witches already have, so I can't see a reason why it would be amiss to point it out