1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Twice.

/tenchar

2. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Well, it's not confirmation bias if they're doing it on purpose. It's just word twisting. This is why I wanted you to explain it in your own words. :facepalm

Can I get a second/third/fourth/etc. opinion on this?

The vote on you isn't necessarily bad, but I didn't see any progression from him for the whole day. He just scum read dC and did a 180 on Citrus and then.... talked about some meta thing with you that I kind of had trouble following. One of the things I need to look at again tomorrow.

The vote on you doesn't have much if anything to do with my read of him, but the sentence felt incomplete without adding where his vote ended up at EoD.

Mmm. Okay.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I think he's using confbias in the sense of "making evidence fit your reads".

This is technically only confirmation bias when you're town and don't KNOW what the correct answer is, but when scum does it to back up their mislynch read it looks the same as town confbiasing an incorrect read.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Your reads look like scum trying to maintain a world where they actually have mislynches.

The problem iwth your analysis is that only Elders have the info necessary to actually make the plays you're attributing to all of your scum reads.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yeah this is part of the reason acio is lock wolf, he's set on lynching me but won't actually talk to me or about his read on me. It just seems like he's voting me cuz he knows he can get away with it.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Are you...not aware of Acio's repeated public statements that he doesn't talk to his scumreads because it's unproductive?

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

"I've decided you're a wolf"

"Why?"

"I can't talk about it"

What is is even the point of playing in that case? How do you ever figure anything out like that?

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Don't lynch the messenger, bruh :V

Seriously though, my understanding is basically he doesn't think anything useful can happen because if you're town the conversation is based on a false assumption and if you're scum you're intentionally misleading him. This might be wrong, you'd have to ask him yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

(EBWOP: So his playstyle is to discuss his scumread on you with other players he actually trusts rather than seeking your input on it, and decide without consulting you)

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Did you seriously just tell me to ask someone who refuses to talk to me a question? But yeah that's dumb I don't know how you ever figure someone out without talking to them. Also he's still not developing that read at all because he hasn't brought it up at all. It's like I'm being wolf read by a fucking mime. :facepalm

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Well in some ways I'm prompting Acionyx to come in and answer it himself because he usually does.

That said, I have noted his general lackluster-ness in terms of following up his shit properly. I just kinda only have resources to devote to one thing right now, and that's making orange juice

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Silvercrys3467 fair enough on game integrity stuff.

Fine:

To clarify I don't talk to scumreads about their opinion of themselves because regardless of alignment the answer is self interested. Town can be and often is as hypocritical in their play as scum and scum is perfectly capable of stringing together a decent narrative and you can't prove or disprove either.

The conversations are a waste of space at best, they give scum room to fluff postcounts and crank out AtEs and ~interact~, and in worst case scenario they turn the game toxic because people are a lot more likely to get IRL angry at being directly called a liar than they are about being called wrong. I've seen approximately zero games where taking someone at face value lead to a good results and plenty that have devolved into garbage screamfests because people can't get out of their own heads to objectively analyze their own play and I know I'm hardly immune to that.

I can and will talk to players about things other than their own play.

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Acio, why do you scumread Fable? Convince me to vote him.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This is probably true at low levels of play but above that I disagree with this. I think that sort of lack of communication will often lead to stagnant reads and stunt thread development. I tend to be the opposite and tend to interrogate my wolf reads and yeah the bad players will just freak out and start screaming at you but more often than not that doesn't happen and the conversations from that I tend to find very useful and yeah people to tend be biased about their play but that's not really the point, the point is to understand their logic and mindsets.

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Can you seriously defend Fables progression of me day one? "Oh he's whatever leave for later" to "HELLWOLF" over the course of being told I didn't think his read on me was legitimate?

Again: how does town go through that thought process?

A. Bothering to defend against two lines of suspicion.
    B. Shifting to "this is a forced scum push" after a reiteration of the opinion.

What is the mindset for there? Compared to scum that was coasting and got pricked and tried to smooth it over? Like, look at this:

His opinion devolves as it becomes clear that I'm not going to concede. Town gets miffed and and goes whatever, fable aligns against me and then starts trying to goad me into slapfighting with him.

There's the thing I pointed out about faking a dumbtell wrt Tom's claims as well and notably tom pops out to take a swipe on that subject but doesn't commit; It reads to me like one of those "oh shit we're fucked" moments you have as scum where you're aware of how accurate something is and it looks like a killshot you have to at least get on the good side of.

And just like, overall fables play has been this performative AtE:

"I've played badly and terribly I want you all to know how much remorse I feel check out how I do something scum totally wouldn't do"

"Look at how towny and worried I am about my role being stolen"

Now he GAF.

Ugh, I think it's clear that I think silver is town so even putting aside the allcaps fable is here popping off on someone again for something minor and not showing a town mindset as he ignores the possibility that silver thinks fable/me could be differently teamed witches.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Yeah and I disagree that intentionally trying to tilt people is a thing that should ever happen in games much less be bragged about but I doubt you're going to suddenly 180 on that.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay first off you thinknig everyone plays the same way you do just isn't realistic. And yeah I was getting more suspicious as you repeatedly ignored what I was trying to explain to you what was going on. Like going and reading the first half of d1 of WH8 and seeing I did the same thing there was an easy thing to do but you decided to stay ignorant and try and bulldoze a read on me instead. To me that is not a villagery mindset.

You can think a faked a dumbtell but that doesn't mean I did, like I said before that's the same type of bullshit wolf!jari tried to push me on in WH8 so again this is not something I find villagery.

Honestly you can just fuck off with this point. You can point out logical inconsistencies you think I exhibit all day and I'm more than willing to talk about that and explain my reasoning but when I feel I'm playing below my standard and am trying to get myself out of it DO NOT FUCKING TELL ME I FAKED THAT.

And again I almost claimed d1 of WH8 too and this is a thing you can check but won't because you don't actually care.

And again I'm not going to play the way you tell me to, yeah if I find something I think inconsistent I pop off that's just how I am and that's probably not even AI. I find something I think is inconsistent and I wanted clarification on it. lolyou if you think that's wolfy.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Have any of you played with Silver before?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Uh once? But that was like a year ago and I died d1 that game.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Several times-ish.

I'm flattered he's read a ton of my games, tho. <3

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Fable's never allowed to lul at anyone for AtE again, confirmed.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Was that not the point I was making? "Here are the people I think are Elder Witches."

I don't have LW reads.