1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ok, so can either of you summarize briefly what his town game looks like?

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I barely remember honestly, pretty sure he was more active than most (in relation to everyone else in a game with 3 week phases so don't hold it against him if he's not posting up a storm) and I think I remember him being the type to not rush to make a read. Other than that I don't remember anything in particular that stands out.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

iIt wasn't obvious since you concluded with a list of names and said elder / little to be decided.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I meant, "[names] are Elders; LWs are TBD."

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 ----------

Hasn't Silver not been scum in a forum game yet?

5. KaiDASH

english is hard.

make language hieroglyphs again

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I did say town game no?

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Vote: weiyaoli

Soooooooo like..... I'm gonna trust Fable and his reads for at least this IRL day, even though he's doing... weird. things.

But, combined with my reads.... there's not a lot of places to go.... so I'm gonna put my vote here while I think about it.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You're asking for a summary of all of his games?

defer to Fable

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

It's sometimes easy to forget the other players don't have the information you have.

---------- Post automerged at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Meh, Kai was being bad so this quote > not so good.

Vaimes still scumzie though.

I'm voting Acio in a Fable/Acio 1v1 95% of the time right now? It's not quite a townread Fable, but you shouldn't be completely without hope.

10. KaiDASH

Can you expand, because I can't actually into that sentence.

11. Jarizok

I can't into your mind. Go do stuff.

12. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I think I still want Vaimes to die today.

vote Vaimes

I guess you could say I connected him with tom day 1. Or Vaimes kind of pushed on tom some of the time, but he was really agenda pushing Citrus. And then tom tried to make it off like he was connected to Citrus in some way. But usually scum tries to connect or tie themselves to someone who isn't there alignment. So I think Citrus is cleared of being an Elder Witch, unless his death somehow benefits the team more. But yeah, feel like tom chose to defend Citrus, and Vaimes chose to attack/push on him.

I guess I feel like Vaimes is the push for today, so I guess I'm not that solvey right now cause I feel like I have that figured out already for today.

Vaimes interaction with dyachei dying and just overarching saying that dyachei was obvious town was still pretty awkward in my opinion.

It sounded like he was saying that to make sure we didn't get any other ideas. But to me, it looks more like Vaimes wanted to kill one of his town reads, because all in all he can't keep them around late into the game if he plans on trying to stay alive.

I also didn't feel like dyachei was obvious town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Why do you think Vaimes and Tom are not connected?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

:facepalm

I want your opinion. Don't tell me your opinion is the exact same as Fable's.

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------
    owner

I didn't really read when I'd posted that because that was in the midst of CFD but I really got the impression that Vaimes's switch to tom was slimy as hell

14. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I am still suspicious of you though. Your wording is cautious.

---------- Post automerged at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

But miner that was quoted from today as in day 2. So what are you really trying to say here?

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Who do you connect to Fable?

---------- Post automerged at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

And there we have it, Vaimes casting shade on Rubicon, folks.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Do you feel that it was likely to happen that Miner would pass "his can't-read-Tom curse"?

Cause if not, Miner could be with tom, especially if he was really gunning for beru over him yesterday.

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

So what about Tom's joking interactions with Citrus makes you comfortable to lynch Citrus?

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

I'm assume Tom was going more for a pocket, if I had to guess that would be the scum motivation there.

I guess potentially if they are together, Citrus could have the more powerful role. But that would be incredibly desperate of them. But who knows?

15. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    The word you're after is "precise"

The fact that they're part of a hard defense of him? The fact that his interactions with basically everyone were a joke D1? I mean I don't want to lynch Citrus over the joke interactions themselves (more tom's refusal to hop on Citrus as a counterwagon to himself and the stuff I said about Citrus D1) but they don't particularly put me off the idea.

Like, can you point out some of these tom/Citrus interactions that apparently make them anti-aligned?

16. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    In my opinion, you are likely editing or over analyzing your posts before you pump them out. That's more often a scum trait.

If tom called Citrus town earlier, then if he hops on wagon he looks like he's going against his own reads. Or it could be he is trying to tie Citrus to him in the event he dies.

I'll see what I can gather later, beacuse I have to go to work soon.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

I still hadn't read the CFD stuff and I told you it was an impression. Regardless, if tom was town that means that my read of tom was completely wrong in which case I'd want to lynch Vaimes because I didn't think tom/Vaimes was knowingly aligned.

---------- Post automerged at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

AKA they were v/w

---------- Post automerged at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

or I suppose LW/EW

18. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ...this explains so much of my life.

I mean it wouldn't be a social deduction game if there wasn't uncertainty, but I found Citrus scummy independently and tying someone who's going down in flames to you seems like a weird way to do that?

Like, if you're scum and trying to act around a town to make THEM look like scum, you do it to someone who you think your team will need help mislynching down the line. Not someone who's already in serious hot water.

19. KaiDASH

I didn't (and don't) understand the point you were making with that post.

As for doing stuff, I'm not really sure what I could do right now that actually improves the gamestate. I could write about Citrus, I guess? But casing people isn't something I actually enjoy doing anymore so.

I don't think debating people about their Vaimes or Beru reads is particularly useful either since it probably doesn't matter for today and people haven't really shown that they're listening or willing to change their opinion.

Miner aren't you in effect saying that regardless of Tom's alignment that Vaimes is scummy based on it? That might be true for you, but you probably want to rethink it as it's kind of lazy (and if I wasn't townreading you it'd be the kind of thing that advances a scumread).

20. Jarizok

You said Vaimes case assumed people had information that only elder witches have. I agreed, and said that it sometimes happens that people forget that the other players don't have all the information they do. So, Vaimes as an Elder witch himself arguing something that doesn't make sense as non-Elders wouldn't have known what he knew.

But that wasn't what Vaimes actuallt said so nvm this.