1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yes. In fact I've been saying that all game.

Granted, I didn't expect tom I be scum. But as of right now I'm not voting Vaimes because I acknowledge that he /could/ be town, although his play individually has made me scumread him.

There's basically two sides to it. One is, Vaimes is independently scummy. Two is, I don't think Vaimes and tom were in a chat together.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

In any case I'm feeling super lazy right now and figured I had enough posts to slide by until like the last day.

I'm up for some chatting during queue times though.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I come back and Dya's gone already?

Y'all are lame af.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Not playing the game for a week and then complaining you didn't get the chance to play with people that died. That's a new one.

4. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Work was busier than I thought today, but expect stuff on Citrus in ~1/2 hours. Only skimmed through the 4 or so pages that happened whilst I was gone, so please ping me if someone wanted a response to anything that I missed.

---------- Post automerged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Eh, given I had stated in my vote for Beru that I was voting there to consolidate and that I'd still preferred to lynch tom over Beru I don't think that reasoning makes any sense.

I was away for EoD in any case, but I think given this statement, even if I was a witch I'd have bussed tom instead?

I don't think you can ever say I was "desperately hanging onto the Beru lynch" lol.

---------- Post automerged at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Anyone around to filler a post before I post my Citrus re-read in like 20 mins? Rather it not get auto-merged.

5. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    That moment when this feels like Miner is almost defending tom. lolz

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'll filler for you! Busy at work and skimming through but won't be around in force til the evening more likely

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    I guess I should edit my previous statement and say that I'm looking to lynch either Vaimes or Miner today.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lul. I really don't think you should give tom more ammunition.

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Speaking of ammunition, Cobalt why are you not keeping your promises?

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Did I say I was mad because I didn't get the chance to play with her and blamed that on witches instead of myself or are you just jumping to conclusions?

Yes I'm upset she didn't live longer but nowhere did I act as though it's not my fault for being absent for so long.

Drop your attitude.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

This is a 4 day long phase relax Jesus Christ.

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

"I'll catch up" doesn't mean "I will be 100% caught up within the first 24 hours of the next Day phase"

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Cobalt we're 48 hours in now though, not 24 hours?

11. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Citrus:

#309 - Reads seem ok. The whole dyachei null read vote is NAI I think, but the hesitancy to not vote for tom in particular as the scum read is somewhat bad. I'm sure there's tons of valid meta reasons but still a bad position in hindsight.

#333 - Explaining the dyachei vote as a pressure vote is fine I think. Part of that reasoning is, why else is he voting for a null read? The other part is, his reasoning about explaining it after he was asked is a good one. Coy/cagey answers about it helps no-one. I think he still can get information from the way people like fluff reacted to the post/vote for example.

I've read through the exchange between dyachei and Citrus again a couple times, and I'm still inclined to agree with my first opinion. His phrasing is a little awkward/pedantic, as are the four bullet point thing, but I can follow his PoV/reasoning and confusion then suspicion at the "OMGUS" vote from dyachei.

Even the nit-picky OMGUS definition sniping I can see from a town!Citrus pov. He's trying to get other people's opinions on the exchange and trying to sound out whether his points made sense to other people.

The whole "woe is me" attitude about not being townread D1 is bad though. I can sort of handwave it a little by saying it looks like he's being somewhat petulant about the whole situation and it's pretty much consistent with the whole wiki sniping/being "technically" correct from earlier. I'm not familiar with Citrus's meta either way (and he's been on a long break anyway), so not sure how much to read into this attitude.

The next few posts are much better though, and make me feel better about the attitude too. The whole series of posts up to his wall in #884 - I can mostly understand where his wall came from, though some of his guts reads are bad in hindsight from tom flip.

Also seems to sheep beru/Acio a little (re: acio meta read and fable read respectively) which I dislike.

His vote on me is ok I guess. It's somewhat weak (but since basically everyone forgot to actually re-read the thread to find the vote on Citrus and when it was actually made), but given the state of the votal and his wall, it makes sense to me.

I think his post about Vaimes is pretty good (#1073 as well as his follow up a couple pages later - #1193).

In terms of any specific comments/replies about the content of the posts:

(Paragraph or two on Vaimes and not Citrus)

Vaimes does look better after the tom flip though I think. I don't think it was a bus (i.e EW/EW) because it's pretty much ineffectual when he doesn't seem to think tom will get lynched. The lack of actual cases beyond tom is a witch (though obviously he was V/LA) brings down the amount of brownie points he gets though.

(Back to Citrus)

His tone when responding to Fable reads pretty well. Content wise, the whole defence about the Beruru read is a little weak but actually the one that comes off worse in the whole exchange is Fable imo.

(Section on Fable)

I'm really not sure what to make of Fable's play late D1 and just a bit ago D2. I'd almost say he was a jester if such a role existed in WH. The random claim is one thing, but the fatalistic (especially when it's not really warranted in how early he resorts to it) and contradictory (calling out Beru for AtE whilst AtE in the same post) attitude is really confusing. I think I probably need to re-read Fable again.

(Back to Citrus)

I think his behaviour ~3 hours before the tom CFD is ok. The vote switch from tom to beru to tom again looks bad in light of the flip. I'm still not convinced Beruru is actually town though, so imo it's not too bad.

Nothing really stands out that much about his play today yet to me. Placing his vote on dC after the tom flip is w/e, probably NAI. I'll probably go through it in more detail at some point, but for now I think my time is probably better spent re-reading Fable to try and get my head around his hot/cold play.

In conclusion, I think I'd still lean-town on Citrus from just behaviour wise. I also did the ISO trying to figure out if Acio/Citrus/tom could be w/w. Conclusions there:

Acio/Citrus can probably still be w/w - the exchange they had re:fable earlier I can see partners do, and he easily accepted a town!Acio meta read from Beruru. Not really anything strong linking them together from Citrus's end though so all this means is that I don't feel better about Citrus due to his interaction with Acio like I would if I ruled out w/w.

Citrus/tom - behaviour wise it's possible. But I can see how Citrus could be pocketed by tom instead and eod1 doesn't have any hints that he expects tom to flip scum that might slip out in a high stress/unexpected situation where EW!Citrus wants to try to flip the vote onto Beru.

So yeah interactions don't really change my opinion on Citrus. Still lean-town.

---------- Post automerged at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

RE: this bit:
    Scratch that part because I don't think Citrus is a witch, but I'm still suspicious of Acio's development of their Citrus read.

12. Jarizok

You just called "y'all" lame. I'm part of "y'all"and I'm saying right back at ya. Also, you kinda were blaming the thread, /implying/ it wasn't your fault. Just calling it as I see it.

13. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Relax yourself please.

People are just prodding you for content, no need to be so defensive.

---------- Post automerged at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Well the Citrus re-read took a lot longer than I was expecting, didn't realise he had so many posts to be honest.

So yeah probably don't expect a Fable re-read from me tonight, unless someone has specific posts/interactions from Fable they want my hot take on. Work should be somewhat less busy tomorrow so I'll try and post a bit then, if not a finished look on Fable.

14. Jarizok

'S all good. You're pretty town anyway, and I don't want to lynch Fable today.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm cramming for an exam, won't be able to post much for the next 24 hours.

Vaimes is still town.

We should lynch KaiDASH.

16. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    And...you're not interested in lynching/speculating on LW!Vaimes?

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I like #1891.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Not today, when I think there are bigger fish to fry.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

We psyduck now boys.

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Fair enough!