1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm wondering if I say fish enough times I'll get Magikarp.

2. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Fable's meta of me is accurate as far as my play in that game, for what it's worth.

Vaimes: I don't think Wei is an Elder Witch with tom. Why am I wrong? Also would appreciate it if you gave your (what should be more recent than Fable's) impression of my meta. Thanks.

I'm going to go collect some votals and see if they whisper to me.
    @ me if you want to chat.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 2.3.

Fable [4]: Vaimes, Silver, Acio, Fable.
    Citrus [3]: dC, his fluffiness, KaiDASH.
    Acio [2]: weiyaoli, Miner.
    dC [2]: Citrus, Jarizok.
    KaiDASH [1]: Rubicon.
    Vaimes [1]: Owner.
    weiyaoli [1]: Beruru.

Not Voting [1]: Cobalt.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to softlynch and 12 to hardlynch.

Today is a 96 hour Day. Deadline is at Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1).

2.1 l 2.2
    1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9 | EOD1

4. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    How is he town though?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Without checking, I'd say you're pretty tryhard.

Also wei's point checks out, since I didn't go back to actually look at his vote.

---------- Post automerged at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

My QT says so.

---------- Post automerged at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Honestly, BBB has wiped the slate re: past games with you. It's the only one I vividly remember.

6. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Well, I figured that, game was pretty memorable. But your impression of BareBones is the same as Fable's impression of StarTrek?

7. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    If you're scum and going down do you seriously post

About a teammate?

If tom was trying to save someone at end of day then his behavior points way more towards Mr Presidenting Fable.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I wasn't in that game?

9. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    No, I mean. Is your impression of my BareBones play the same as Fable's impression of StarTrek, which he gave earlier?

---------- Post automerged at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

This post. Do you think this is a fair explanation of my BareBones play?

10. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    It's consistent with his held positions and demeanor throughout the day (i.e. hard defense on Citrus and joke-y respectively). I don't think it's a stretch to say he'd post that about Citrus there?

Also not 100% on what the Fable votes are meant to signify? Not in a "that's not the evidence you think it is" sense, but in a "I'm not sure what that evidence is" sense.

11. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Tom makes a show of jumping on and off fable in way that at minimum is going to annoy people and potentially sour them on a lynch when tom isn't exactly number one town in the thread.

Is it a better move to sit quietly on a teammate at day end when the thread's getting nervous or to try and make people uncomfortable with sticking on the lynch on his partner?

From my impression of things tom gets lynched a lot and early? He's definitely the more expendable there if things go seriously sour (like they did)

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, but it was kind of a unique situation where you knew you were going to be lynched sooner or later and had a lot of pressure on you. Dunno if that heavily influenced how you'd normally play, if you were allowed breathing room, etc.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    We deep in the tunnel now.

If only you realized how much sense you don't make.

"Well fable is getting lynched better make sure I go down with him for -EV"

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmmm...it's kinda weird that he wasn't all over scumreading Beru in this case, though? Like, near EOD he only hops on Beru when it becomes apparent she's the only counterwagon to the CFD available, but you'd think he'd be on it earlier if Fable was buddies with him.

OTOH he might have felt trapped into it by that point, I'd have to reread to know for sure. I guess my perspective is I didn't really notice or care about those votes because I wrote them off as more pointless flippancy, so I figured it probably wasn't a calculated move to make people feel weird about lynching Fable? I can kinda see how it acts as a big beacon saying "HI I'M TOM I'M SCUMMY AND I WANT FABLE DEAD" now you point it out though.

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I think his point was more "Well people think I'm scummy so if I try to get Fable lynched it will move people off him"?

15. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    1 second's benefit of the doubt that you aren't doing this to intentionally piss me off, please stop responding to me directly I've made my stance known on that and it isn't changing.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sorry its been my mother's birthday today, kind of drunk, so probably can't post much helpful things now. Will hopefully be sober tomorrow.

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ffffff-

ok first of all neither of you escalate that, Fable that means not posting something inflammatory in response even though the thing Acio posted is also inflammatory and it'd probably be totally fair to do so.

Secondly: He's not doing it to piss you off, Acio, he's doing it because your playstyle pisses HIM off and he's expressing that. Also given your rationale for this playstyle is partly to avoid nasty spats, you're not doing a particularly good job of that with that post.

Thirdly: Fable, he's not gonna change his playstyle because you don't like it. Just settle for telling the rest of the thread why his argument doesn't make sense instead. It's kinda like what I told Regfan in RWBY: You need a strategy for people who are doing things you think are very stupid that still works if they keep doing those things.

I dunno which of you is town (maybe even both! ._.) but I hope both of you can at least chill out and play the game instead of taking potshots. Otherwise I'll probably just want to policy lynch both of you, b/c I'm not seeing how perpetuating this attitude is pro-town in any capacity >_>

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'll respond to what I please thank you very much.

19. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Uhhh. Wasn't that the game where I hard town read shadow and hard scum read tom as soon as I replaced in? Then I almost got lynched in lylo for it after shadow flipped scum but you 180'd on me and helped me lynch tom?

It seems. I dunno. weird? For you to say "yeah, what Fable said" and "that's the game of yours I remember vividly" since BareBones was so... different. Or at least it felt different to me.

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Which fish are you trying to fry?