1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    :facepalm

Read the post above you...

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I did, I don't care because he's basically now telling me I can't defend myself.

FUCK. THAT.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    He's telling you you can't defend yourself TO HIM. I don't see why you care if he has you as lockscum if the rest of the thread disagrees with his arguments.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Because it's ridiculous. There can be no progress if he just decides to bury his head in the sand.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    So he can't make any progress. That's his lookout, he's either badly playing town or scum, and there's not necessarily anything you can do to change that. If you think he's scum (which you appear to) then you lynch him, if you think he's a village idiot you try to limit his impact on the town's decisions.

Like. Is there a reason his play in particular is more important than anyone else's?

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean he's the main one pushing me and I think he's a witch so I feel like I should care about what he's doing?

7. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Acionyx: I can't really tell who your scumreads are from reading your iso. Fable, obviously, but is there anyone else you want to look at / lynch besides him?

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Sure, but I feel like the focus from this train of thought should rather be "talk to other people and convince them to vote for Acio". Like, if he's a witch then what I said goes double: you're not going to convince him of anything because he's just trying to push a train on you.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was yeah'ing the part where he said you were active and taking your reads slowly. And you almost got lynched, like, every Day, mostly because I was a teensy bit wrong.

And yes, I did just now raise concerns that it was a unique experience. As you quoted.

---------- Post automerged at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------
    Fable

Acio's playstyle makes sense.

Town!Acio will talk about your alignment with other people he trusts because all of your answers are self-interested and can tonally hit the same ~defensive~ tones that aren't really AI.

Scum!Acio probably isn't gonna let up if he's trying to mislynch you, so trying to convince him you're town is pointless. He'll only reverse his read if it makes him look better/advances the witch win condition.

You're allowed to be mad at how he plays, Fable, but that isn't going to stop him. Nor is it really as unfair/dumb as you're making it out to be.

10. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, you ~probably~ aren't lying about that being your opinion because. Lol. It just feels weird.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What's more, it prevents 1v1 wallposting/screaming at each other.

The more you try to defend yourself /to him/, the more he's going to scumread you for it, so. If you're town, you'd be doing yourself a favor by either finding the other witches or telling other people why Acio is a witch.

---------- Post automerged at 22:28 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Oh well, I guess?

12. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    How do you feel about Acio and Beru?

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay hang on, I think I know what's bugging me about this whole situation.

Fable's complaints read like he thinks Acio's attempt at a protown playstyle is an actual attempt to be protown, but a bad one. Like, there's no point telling scum!Acio his argument makes no sense because scum!Acio already KNOWS that.

This is kind of incongruent with reading him as a witch, though, so it's weird that Fable is doing both of those things at once.

(bonus: this is an example of how to frame Acio's behaviour to the thread at large instead of directing it at him, Fable :V)

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That's how I play though, and no point do I ever try to tunnel and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I generally develop my reads by talking to people except I can't talk to acio because he won't talk to me and says I can't talk to him so I'm just kind of left with this witch read I have no idea what to do with.

15. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    [mafiatheory]

If you're town, talk to him about stuff besides yourself. Ask him about Beru or Vaimes or Rubicon or me or....

There's 13 other players in the game and there's plenty of stuff to talk about besides things you would both say whether you're a wolf or not.

Bonus: If you think he's scum, you can try to get him to talk about players you think are his partners and see if he spews them or ties them to himself.

[/mafiatheory]

16. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I think you're missing the part where he won't talk to me period not just about me.

This is problem.

17. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I think he was just mad you responded to his post about you?

But I might have been too generous when I read the post, social cues on the internet are hard.

---------- Post automerged at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

I do want to point out that this is basically what I thought he was doing with Citrus and you said no. :?

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmmm...okay, so basically what it boils down to is your playstyle is literally the exact opposite of his (talk to all scumreads as primary assessment tool, vs. never talk to scumreads ever)

Bleh, that's just messy :/

---------- Post automerged at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Can you quote this? I vaguely remember the interaction but not well enough to comment and I haven't really got time to comb the thread for it right now

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Indifferent and good.

Kinda feel like Acio is a teensy bit less involved than I expect him to be.

20. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Yeah, it was the confirmation biasing thing: