1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Exactly and now you understand my frustration. I kind of have no idea what to do here, I mean I can just vote acio and tell everyone else to do that but that just feels so wrong compared to what I usually do.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

his fluffiness

Acio mainly. Haven't really been following the Day that closely though. Probably need to reevaluate everything once I'm my running around trying not to get run over by cars.

---------- Post automerged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

not*

/10chars

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I guess I'd just try to consider that from Acio's perspective, engaging with you rather than just voting you and telling everyone else to feels just as wrong.

Hmmm...so you mean, like, Fable was wolfreading Citrus but using a term that implied he thought Citrus was town?

Okay this actually makes your questions to him asking him to define confirmation bias make a lot more sense (I never quite got that before). That said, what I was saying was that I figured "confbias" was short for "confbias if town, malicious misinterpretation if scum" (i.e. I didn't think he was straight up assuming Citrus was town).

So I guess yeah in summary I figured based on THAT context he wasn't treating Citrus as town but in THIS context he kind of was treating Acio as such. Fable's explanation that he generally tries to assume people COULD be either when talking to them seems to make sense of it though?

4. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, I give people the benefit of the doubt when I'm talking /to/ them, too, because yelling at someone about how scummy they are, etc. isn't productive. Even if I'm right they won't admit it, but if they think there's a chance of changing my read they might talk about their buddies or spew someone clear.

I just don't think confirmation bias is a thing I ever think a scum read of mine is doing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ugh so much to read through

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    That's fair, which is why I jumped to assuming what he meant was "looks like confirmation bias" (which scum players can definitely do)

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ok that wasn't so bad

Be back in a bit to actually do things

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Citrus I don't know if it's because of your hiatus or something but your play this game has been super weird.

Or I spose this is a different variation of your scum game.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

And dozens of emails later...

I actually kind of agree, and I have some thoughts on why (although obviously it'll just be considered WIFOM until this game ends)

Partly due to having such a long break from mafia, partly from feeling as though my way of thinking has somewhat changed (via new life experiences), partly from having a run of scum games as my last mafia experience, partly from my town-play relying on a mixture of gut + mechanical reads and due to [redacted] I've vastly neglected the mechanical side of things thus far this game. And the gap in time and not having a meta grasp on a decent number of players in the game not quite doing wonders for my gut-reads. But I should really spend the time I have on something more productive than typing this post up

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Yes, I'll go find it after dealing with quicker to-do's

I...what. Like how does that even come from what my reads are? The only reason I can see why would be because you think too many of them closely match consensus-thread!reads, but a number of them were developed by me BEFORE they became more of a consensus. Like for example I'm pretty sure weiyaoli wasn't becoming consensus-lean!town when I started town-reading him.

This is true and is a problem I'm realizing I'm having with how I'm approaching the game in general, because theoretically LW's can fake town as hard as they want and will only give off agent/lw vibes. But that's why the beruru point is more useful because she's kinda ruled out as either.

He's actually doing a similar thing to how he engaged with me near D1 end, except to a lesser extent.

What no.

Also wait what Fable hard-town!reads weiyaoli so double what.

If Vaimes was off the table toDay, who would you focus on/want to lynch the most?

Cobalt

If you don't have something substantial in terms of reads on some of the game's players by the end of tomorrow (aka 75% of the way into D2), I'm going to toy with the idea of vote-parking and/or pushing for you to be lynched as hard as possible by the end of D2. No hard feelings, just I have nothing to go off of on you so far and I'm loathe to the idea of a wolf hard-coasting through 2 in-game days (read: more than 1 IRL week) of interactions/reads/stances

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I mean I can literally just explain what I was thinking during those shenanigans yesterDay. I was pretty fixated on the idea that Tom was town, and the only reason to be ok with lynching him was because we NEVER want to no-lynch D1 (unless something like we CFD'd onto a holy or something and it was an accidental no-lynch). Ftr I 100% would still do the same thing if I could go back aka switch the lynch to Beruru IF we didn't have Rubicon's revealing that Tom was an EW (obviously D2 would progress differently yada yada but the point should make sense)

I have a decent # of posts this game, but unlike usual for me most of them are pretty long posts without much true filler

Fable
    Wanna stop self-voting? Because it's effectively removing your vote from wagons/vote-counts as obviously you're not going to advocate for self-lynching if there's any sort of competing wagon regardless of your alignment

Acionyx
    What're your thoughts on Fable's claiming Zetalot, assuming you think it's ok to voice them? I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around why and how it relates to his alignment. (I guess 1 thought that just hit me beyond a true-claim is being a witch + role-swapping, but that would give the GD both roles which would be stupid, so pretty much always was a true-claim correct?)

Aside: I'm softly starting to lean-town on silvercrys thus far

Oh yeah the other thing. I've made it a thing to always to some sort of weird shenanigan/gambit at the start of every game which helps me get into the rhythm of things but resolved not to this game (although I guess my exchange with dyachei served a similar role in hindsight but whatever)

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I agree that Kai's explanation for his read on you makes very little sense.

11. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I /really/ don't think she is to be honest. Still not sure I want to talk about it though.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Question for everyone talking about this post as forced/fake:

Does the bottom post also look forced?

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I try and post as much as I can during work hours, but it's inconsistent. I'm at work or driving home for the next 2 hours or so also.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Guys.

If dC is a witch.... even if dC is a junior witch....

Why swap the lynch off me with a "fake" CFD, like, ever? Unless you are implying we're juniors together.... no.

And if you are, just say it. Didn't someone say earlier "witches already know, so it doesn't matter"... ?

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Don't think LWs know Agents, which opens the door to problems in scenarios where e.g. Conspirator is LW. Also means LW can try to mislynch Agents to make life easier for the Elders at halftime.

Also to make it clearer, I'd like Citrus and Jarizok to answer #1953 specifically.

---------- Post automerged at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

EBWOP: Wait I'm stupid claiming "in the agent pool" is something no LW would actually do (b/c it outs them to the agents) so I think I must not have understood what you meant...

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Vote: Acio

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Not forced, but also not off the cuff. The bullet points make it too structured for it to come across as natural/genuine. Agenda-y is the word.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean to be perfectly honest, I should hope no-one is stupid enough to start a CFD "off the cuff" ._.

In all seriousness though: Waiting for Citrus before elucidating too much, but if it's "agenda-y" then what is the agenda exactly?

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Citrus's play today reads like he's trying to keep viable mislynches in-play.

Specifically his DC and beruru, who he appears to have done 0 actual thinking on.

So here was his last noted thought on dc d1;

Which suggests that Citrus doesn't want to lynch dc or at least needs some strong reasons to do so.

Then end of day 1 happens with fluff then dc starting the tom flashwagon.

Citrus then comes in on day 2 with this after Rubicon had revealed Tom was scum. So he wants to focus on dc... because ??? And Tom flipping scum according to Rubicon (who Citrus says he 'feels very good' about) seems to not count for anything?

Then through the rest of his posts today the so called focus on dc basically amounts to a total softball question; and this which ?

So because it's convinent and suits his current read, Citrus isn't adjusting his DC read based on end day 1 and then makes word salad to justify his continued DC scumread.

Fake read.

Next beruru.

Citrus fakes consideration of beruru in these two posts, maintains his beruru scumread for ???

He actually gives the reasons that he /shouldn't/ be scumreading beruru and then does it anyway?

Another fake read.

I obviously have strong opinions about his vote on me, but that's less interesting to talk about because Citrus essentially hasn't talked about it.

lynch citrus even more

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait beru's voting Wei?

Gross gross gross.