1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I liked the way DC tried to defuse the Fable and Acio thing.

At the very least, I'd rule out DC/Fable sharing a chat, but it feels town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------
    KaiDASH, should I claim Tom's role?

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    wait hang on got my wires crossed again, last post should have been quoting Beru rather than this.

RE: this, obvious scenario is Elders all die, LWs take over as coven, know role is gone when holy hunting (where otherwise they would not know the role was gone)

Otherwise...depends on the role, I think? Also what benefit to town there is from revealing, b/c if there's none then I'm not sure it's worth doing anyway.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I mostly want to know if he's an info role or a LC that didn't go off, tbh.

(I've been RKO'd out of nowhere too many times to not want to know when the LC is dead.)

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not dinging the fluff townread. But I don't think he's top town. And this idea that Wei is second on your list is uh... interesting considering d1. Can I get your quoted progression on Wei?

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------
    Beruru

I'm super confused because you're never going to be shot in the night unless scum have role info on you.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Also... in a more generous world, I'd probably give Acio the benefit of the doubt and say that he replaced out because of the fight with Fable. I'm not sure that he'd actually do that regardless of alignment, though...

Dude should have posted before his /out. That's my Beru Opinion(tm).

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm bothered that Cobalt still has a single digit post count.

7. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    In your experience does Acio replace out as town if other players are sufficiently annoying?

I mean. If neither of the things I said was true, then fluff is town. I can't see either of the things I said being true. No-one is providing me a REASON to see those things as true. Thus, fluff is locktown.

As for Wei progression: No, because if I was willing to provide that I'd have been able to do a reread. My progression on weiy D1 was something like "one or two good towny posts, and managing to express views I disagree with in a well-reasoned manner", and tom's flip plus weiy's general posts today (#feels) have consolidated this given tom went pretty hard on weiy D1.

In summary, low post count but good posts with a hard attack from known scum (that apparently has a "does not bus often" meta and was not expecting to die) combined with a lack of strong townreads on my part.

Can you explain why weiy is scum? I don't recall seeing any particularly compelling evidence for it.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I don't get what this is about? None of the things I'm talking about have to be me talking about me.

Like, is it the LC post? It's just annoying when you're sitting there scared of someone suddenly dying out of nowhere and then it never happens because dude silently died D1 as witch. Hate It.

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

If you @ someone multiple times in the same post, does it count as one @ or multiple? I need to know. For.... science.

---------- Post automerged at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Acio replaces out if he's sufficiently frustrated enough. It just happens to happen a lot, looooooooot more when he's scum. That's all.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

It counts as 1.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Shit, now I can't just Cobalt forever.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

But like, seriously.
    Cobalt, do you even have a single read. Wyd. Why weren't you replaced out? Answers??? You were like "yeah i should start posting now lol" and then you... didn't. Play the game, please.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean I can't be the only that notices that vaimes seems completely disconnected and disinterested this game right?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I am firmly irritated by the fact that Cobalt has below minimum posting for the game so far and it's impossible to read his slot. I'm also wondering why he hasn't been replaced out at this point, or if the fact that he hasn't been replaced is confrontation that he's actively lurking, aka lynch the shit out of him

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vote:Mal

/ten

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

No I'm not actively lurking it's my fault I promised later activity and then got swamped irl and now that I have a tiny bit of time the 100+ pages is literally giving me anxiety because everyone's pressuring me to post and I haven't even started reading because I was out all day and I'm sunburnt and grumpy.

15. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It's the kind of thing I expect comes from town? Like witches want to at least /appear/ like they know what they're doing, even when they're just hanging on by a quickly muttered prayer and duct tape.

I think no matter how I look at it, it comes off as angleshoot-y since if he's town it's just playing it straight but as scum it's an intentional 'thing' to appear town, and either way it's not something that's directly about the game.

So it's NAI or town indicative, mostly depending on what you already thought about Citrus I'd think.

(The question itself primarily a reaction test - I wanted to see how people would approach it but only dc actually answered rip)

I can think of a few reasons to do it as town, but yeah, harder to imagine for scum outside of a direct "scum does this because scum doesn't do this".

To start, it doesn't matter unless no Elders make it to halftime OR the Elders miss their recruit. As long as an Elder hits the recruitment at halftime, Tom's role will become known to all Witches.

So if we're in the world where all Elders are going to die before halftime, it's -EV to explain what I think you should do with tom's role since reasons.

===

Copying beru's format

Want to lynch: Citrus

Could probably be convinced to lynch: Mal, Owner, Fable

Could maybe be convinced to lynch: Wei, Silver, Cobalt

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    The past doesn't matter if you're town and start now. If you haven't started reading the thread entirely and it's been a week since the game started and you elected to stay in as a witch, that's on you.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Then you should honestly consider replacing out if you don't expect to be able to spend time on the game. If irl is busy then that should be your priority, but you really shouldn't stay in this game and then just lurk out continuously when you can replace out /myteocents

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Cobalt because Kai ninjaed me.... :(

---------- Post automerged at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

It keeps happening.

Seconding Citrus, also, tbh.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

There's been a 168+ hours of Day gametime at this point and you've been around for essentially 0 of them. At this point you're huge negative for whatever team you are on.

Like sure, whatever. Life happens and sometimes you can't play. That's when you ought to replace out and give someone else the opportunity.

20. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Silvercrys3467
    Rubicon
    Jarizok / dichotomousCreator
    Miner / weiyaoli / Citrus / Vaimes

owner /
    KaiDASH
    his fluffiness / Cobalt / Fable

Beruru / MalThug

Is about where I'm at right now? I guess it could just be exactly my bottom four but I don't think Beru/Acio were knowingly aligned, so.

I liked Kai's Citrus case. Disagree with the conclusion, but I like that he made it. The rest of his iso doesn't really seem.... it has a townie tone but I didn't see much I thought was alignment indicative.

I can't read fluff based on his iso at all. He's probably >rand town because of the CFD but I think I need to find time when we're both on for interaction and hope I can read him better that way.

Still pretty confident there's one in Beru/MalThug and it doesn't look like Beru is happening toDay so....

vote: MalThug