1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I went to go look at the CFD, and then I found... this.

I love wine, and I also love the implication that Elders had to think about this.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

dC

I'm saying that the fact that you place Wei above Rubicon and Jari and owner is ??

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Witch Hunt #9: Halftime Edition.

Vote Count 2.5.

mal [4]: Miner, Beruru, Fable, Silver.
    Citrus [3]: dC, his fluffiness, KaiDASH.
    KaiDASH [3]: Rubicon, Citrus, Vaimes.
    Vaimes [2]: Owner, Jarizok.
    Jarizok [1]: mal.

Not Voting [2]: Cobalt, weiyaoli.

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to softlynch and 12 to hardlynch.

Today is a 96 hour Day. Deadline is at Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 4:00:00 am (GMT+1).

2.1 l 2.2 | 2.3 | 2.4
    1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 | 1.6 | 1.7 | 1.8 | 1.9 | EOD1

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt

I feel you on the busy IRL thing dude. I'm spending my days meeting like every single friend and friend of friends here before I head off to college.

And like, there's like literally hundreds of them. I have meals booked until I leave.

But it's not like impossible to check a couple times and just make a couple quick posts.

I might wind up getting hit by a car because I'm reading the thread while walking but w/e.

If you must, just live chat with people. Make it at least possible to read you. I promise it's not hard. <3

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Also, mal, I'm sorry about voting you just as you replaced in, but on the other hand the last time we gave replacements a chance it fucked us. (Owners Market)

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

So yeah sticking to my guns here.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    This post @ tom before the actual tom CFD is really great, too.

Also, because I know you're going to get pinged from me quoting you, dC:

Your town list is out of order, right? Like, the players could be rearranged inside your tiers? It doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Wei/Rubicon is largely a toss-up, Ruby's behaviour around the CFD is in no way enough to make him not town but is enough to tiebreak in this case.

Jari and owner are below weiy because my townreads on them are weaker. Owner has fallen off (as Vaimes noted, and I noted earlier on when owner first ended up in lower categories). Jari has mostly performed fine but right now there's the weirdness of:
    - Highly well-reasoned case against me
    - Switch to Acio
    - Acio replaces out
    - Switch to Vaimes for whining about shitposting, despite supposedly having a well-reasoned case on me to pick up again

which is impacting the read a little. I mentioned this in a post earlier, too.

weiy has a similar performance standard to Jari, but without anything like that that I've noticed. Also, tom hard attacked weiy and apparently does not like to bus. That's p. important.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I do not deny this at all, and it's for a very good reason.

It'll probably come up within the next ~two Days.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    It's SUPPOSED to be in order but in practice the order within tiers is mostly based on feels (with a couple exceptions like fluff being right at the top, Jarizok beating out Fable, and weiy edging out Rubic- I seriously forgot Rubicon was the GD. Oh. Okay yeah and looking back I had a note saying Rubicon was probably town specifically because after fighting the tom lynch declaring a tom scumflip is an odd move to make.

In other cases like Vaimes/Kai and Beru/Silvercrys, it's not so much "wrong order" as "basically the same read so order is irrelevant"

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Jari has been more active, hence the switching around. Wei has been giving those wall posts instead.

I think that there isn't anything scum!tom wouldn't do. I liked wei's recent posts, but I'm not gonna be like "Yo second best town bro!"

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm not voting Mal based on Acio's meta. It's lazy play that's mean and demotivating to replacements: we want people to replace in and play but why bother if you're probably going to get lynched when doing so.

Acio could have replaced out for any number of reasons, rather than just beru's meme prophecy.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I did mention I have like no townreads of any decent strength, right? I mean, bust him down to third best after Rubicon now I've remembered the GD shit, but beyond that it's just

who else am I supposed to townread higher? My issue with Jari isn't switching around, more taking a target he has a weak argument on when a target he has a strong argument on is available, which is kinda pingy. And I don't see why Owner is particularly town right now.

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

OK KaiDASH

Tell me about scum!mal. I've never seen it, despite how desperately I want this to be false. (Hi SVM).

---------- Post automerged at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Well that's an unfortunate situation.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Eh. I'm taking my time building confidence on people, and most of the game has pinged me in some way or another that I'm not overly keen on ignoring. (And of the players I AM townleaning, they don't have enough content for me to be super confident about it)

14. KaiDASH

We were scum together in FS WH14 but that was basically the worst game that's ever happened so I don't remember anything about it (excepting the obvious, just to be clear for those who were also in it).

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Whether Acio was a witch or not, saying he's a witch because he replaced out is shitty on multiple levels.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If it's memes, Mal should be able to defend himself against this pretty easily.

If it's not memes...

Then...

He should be able to with any effort, but making wolves tired makes them easier to catch.

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------
    Miner

I don't understand why you're town. Can you like, walk me through this?

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

This on the other hand is scummy reasoning. For one thing, you haven't stated a read on Acio yet, and you're being sneaky - side-stepping the question of whether you find him scummy by focusing on the replacement issue, which is null.

Secondly I'm pretty sure that if Mal is town, he can handle being wagoned without falling into despair.

18. KaiDASH

Acio wasn't being his usual obvious town self, then he replaced out.

That's not a great look but it's now Mal's game and I'm waiting on him.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Let's lynch them please:
    kai
    Would just on a wagon of:
    Cobalt
    Could easily be convinced to lynch:
    Vaimes, dC
    Could be convinced to lynch:
    Fable, Owner
    Could be convinced to lynch with difficulty:
    Beruru, Fable, Acionyx/Mallorean
    Uhh no:
    Silvercry
    Haha no:
    Miner, Fluffiness, Jarizok, Wei, Rubicon

How I'm feeling right at this moment

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

dC's simultaneously rising a bit in stock for me for his recent posts being fairly good with read-through, and making me suspicious because I strongly expect him to do more of 'steer the ship' then help guide the direction as town, if that makes sense
    Vaimes you promised me answers D:

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm having trouble parsing this...obvious correction is "'steer the ship' than help guide the direction", but aren't those the same thing?