1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Vague bullshit is one of my favourite things in WH, but you could still post. That would be nice.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

As in I expect you to kinda take a more assertive/front-line role, and you feel more on the sidelines than I would expect from previous experience with your town-play

---------- Post automerged at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Who Posted?
    Total Posts: 2,102
    User Name Posts
    Miner 261
    dichotomousCreator 188
    tom 179
    Fable 175
    Jarizok 172
    Rubicon 151
    Vaimes 145
    dyachei 145
    Citrus 128
    KaiDASH 104
    owner 100
    Beruru 100
    his fluffiness 69
    Acionyx 68
    weiyaoli 54
    Silvercrys3467 21
    Cobalt 10
    Vira 9
    Delphine 8
    mallorean_thug 8
    Jan 7

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay, that makes more sense. FWIW it's probably because of RL stuff; I've just not been in the thread and alert as much as I need to be in order to do that. (see also: more whining about RWBY mafia :v)

---------- Post automerged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

EBWOP: I'm second on the posting list? That's...weird, because there's big patches of the thread where I don't post at all. :s

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Nice.

Also, I've decided that I'm not lynching Miner, dC, Fable, Jari, Rubi (lol), or Vaimes today just based on that. Active game is good, even if actives are scum (more to catch them with... plus it's just, like, more fun.)

---------- Post automerged at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

By the way....

Still scumreading Jari forever.

And alsoooooo....

Nobody has explained the Fable/Jari meta to me yet and I need it to determine whether they're actually wolves or not. Guys? Anyone? I need this.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cobalt will be replacing out. I just have to find a replacement.

I will also extend the dayphase by 24 hours because 3 replacements in a single cycle is a lot.

You will get the official announcement when I have found someone to sub.
    (and the updated Countdown for the rest of the day as well)

Should take less than 24 hours.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Actually, now is a great time for everyone to convince me that Jari isn't a witch, too. If you explain whether Fable/Jari is a friend thing or Another Thing at the same time it would be the best, ty.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Woo.

Will it be extended from the time the replacement is locked in, or is it 7PM PST on Thursday now?

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

dichotomousCreator I'd like to retroactively justify my Vaimes vote with his readslist. Shit's fake yo.

Silver as third highest townread? His posts have been fine so far, but there's so much less than Miner and yourself have put up. Then there's the baffling trend Vaimes is setting/following for MORE nullreads than D1 (seriously guys, what are you all doing with that). Wei and myself being two of those nullreads... Vaimes has been in basically all of my games, and I've posted enough for him to be able to make /something/ of it, and Weiyao's posts, if not tom's casing of him yesterday should get him some kind of lean.

Also, are we posting dead people in our readslists now to make it seem like we actually have strong reads?

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

I am flattered by your interest in me. Did you not read early D1 though? It's been confirmed itt that Fable and I are besties <3

8. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Still half asleep but yeah think I'll stick to the plan of re-reading Kai and Vaimes today.

Think my happy to lynch pool is like: Mal, Cobalt, Silver, Beru (feeling better about Beru today though)

Maybe Vaimes or Kai depending on how the re read pans out.

Too many town reads here >.<, unless I somehow have perfect accuracy on the scum team being in the group above.

Don't think I'm forgetting anyone

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Does this forum... not usually do that? I mean, this is witchhunt. Putting dead people of confirmed and unconfirmed alignment on a readslist is, like... normal. I guess it's weird when we actually know things, but you're going to have to read dead ppls alignments eventually. GD/UT can't live forever, and some games, they might be scum and you, like, won't be able to trust what they're saying or whatever, and then you have to actually read dead people and stuff.

Also, miner never replied to me, but you're here. Please help me understand why you're town.

10. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Oh and fluff, I forgot about fluff

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

This dayphase will be 24 hours longer than it was originally planed.

Which means the day ends 1 day and 19 hours from now.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm sure you'd LIKE to do that, but it'd be nice to get a bit more of an explanation as to why Vaimes was the vote you picked when you picked it.

Also hang on. Are you saying Vaimes should be reading me higher than Silver? I'm SUPER confused about what your read on me is supposed to be now.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm like, pretty sure that one of the problems with this game is that it's pretty split into people who played on FS/CPI and people who didn't for people's reads.

Like, I bet if you look at the reads of me/Vaimes/Citrus/Acio (Mal, too, eventually)/dC/Fluff/Kai and the people who aren't, there'll be a pretty clear difference.

It's.......... weird to have the thread (as of today) split exactly in half for people I recognize and know how to play with and people I don't.

14. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Hell nawws, you're scum. From Vaimes' perspective though, if he were reading you town, you'd be a lot more town than silver with his handful of posts so far. I'm saying Silver is too high up the list to be a genuine read. I voted Vaimes you, Acio and Vaimes are (were, in Acio's case) my top three scumreads. Citrus left the wagon on you, leaving me all alone there, so I'm hopping between the three of you to judge which one is most likely to happen today. Looks like Mal will be realing the fruits of Acio's play so far, but my vote is free to hop and skip wherever it wants to go before EoD so /shrug.

---------- Post automerged at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

Also, sure Beru, we need dead people's alignments for worldbuilding. But Dya is confirmed 'cos what the hell mind of scumteam uses their first NK on scum, and Rubi's check is true unless and untill it's not.

I seem to remember mentioning dead scummies seperate from the readslist of currently alive people last game. Although honestly, I could just be brainfarting.

15. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Ok, sure, fine, whatever. Really weak ammo because I'm used to a full list in WH always (and sometimes a list separated by CONFIRMED and NOT CONFIRMED way late into the game) fmpov though. It's not.... going to change.

Also you're a witch etc etc.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ok good if you suddenly had me as town I would be pretty mad :V

That said, I'm not sure I agree that given two townreads the one with more posts should always be higher? I mean by all means ask Vaimes why Silver is higher up, but I don't really thing "Silver read is fake because dC has more posts" holds water.

Like, you're willing to accept Vaimes is townreading me despite you thinking I'm scum, but you're not willing to accept Vaimes is townreading Silver slightly more despite Silver's low post count so far? This just seems kind of weird to me.

...also I don't particularly think this happened this game, but in general an NK into the LW/Agent pool that accidentally hits an LW is marginally less insane for scum to do.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Vote: KaiDASH

Shitpost coven theory is go.

18. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

You've played with Kai before right? What's your impression of his meta?

19. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Sometimes, he actually plays seriously as town.

Witch play is shitpost central.

Reminder that all my posts are two year old meta (and that's mostly the reason why Acio got mad, because I guess he learned to witch (and then never linked me, Acio why)).

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Uh, wait, why are you saying Acio learned to witch if Acio in fact conformed precisely to the two year old meta you stated? :V