1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'm trying and failing to think of how you could take less responsibility for this vote.

2. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    "I guess"

I mean, Acio can have a personal opinion of Acio. He was like "I'm actually way better at scum now, watch me" and then fell off the pier or whatever.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm obviously not saying more posts equals a stronger read period. In this case though, you've been involved in so much more, and have simply been in the game longer, that I find it hard to believe Vaimes has a weaker read on you than on Silver.

Also, remember Vaimes' reaction to my case on you? Whatever happened to that?

And witches killing in the agent/lw pool N1 is still too insne to seriously consider.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ...actually, not really. I don't remember him reacting to it at all, honestly.

5. KaiDASH

No idea about specific meta things or if they've played together offsite, but Fable has played 2 games on here;

WH8 where Fable was town and Jarizok was scum. Jari made it to day 8 as the witch gravedigger (or witch fakeclaimed gravedigger?) and Fable was acolyte to his fluffiness (claimed day 2).

RWBY Mafia where Fable won as scum and Jarizok was vanilla town that got mislynched day 3.

6. Jarizok

I was fanatic turned apprentice turned gravedigger, hehe.

After my case on you DC, and before I decided to give Fluff the cred for the CFD, Vaimes was super quick to go "lol, so DC lw at most". Him discrediting my case/white knighting you suggests a strong townread on you, but on the list you're below Silver, who's got 25? posts so far? Moving you around also reminds me of tom doing the same with you yesterday, as I pointed out in my case for you.

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Hey, Rubi got gd twice in a row!

7. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Mm. Okay. And even better, it implies a strong townread b/c your case on me only applies if I'm specifically an Elder, since otherwise tom doesn't know I'm scum. So from his POV on that, your case shouldn't even be valid.

Okay yeah that is something that should probably get answered.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    So... they've never been coaligned?

Nice.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

beru asking me to explain why I'm town is an exercise in futility.

I know I'm town, therefore I play as such. There's a reason why almost every single person here who's seen my town game is hard town reading me (except Vaimes because either he's bitter or a witch).

Oh, and I guess owner but I haven't played with owner since WH8 where she was scum and I played like scum. In fact, the only game I was v/v with owner was WH7 and I was new back then. (I think this is right. Feel free to check me owner)

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    If someone who isn't you could explain why you're town, that would also be fine, I guess.

11. Jarizok

Miner is so town, he's got his own road sign stating a population of 1.

12. KaiDASH

What do you make of Citrus then? Specifically what I was talking about, and also in general.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Just read AYAW 4 or uh... Mountainous.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't really know what the issue is. I have more posts than most living players, despite my connectivity issues, and my positions are quite clear.

I don't want to lynch beruru or Rubicon. I want to lynch Kai or Fable. I'll vote hop to people to see what happens, but at the end of the Day, those are the two I think are likely to be witches. There are a bunch of in-between reads, but eh.

---

Citrus, gun to head, you're more town than sleb. I'm reading your defenses of tom and hmm'ing, but I'm willing to table it because some of the stuff you've been doing is okay in hindsight/now that I've had time to let it simmer.

15. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

KaiDASH:
    Stuff about roles seem fine. Don't really get dC's point about this from yesterday. Only meh thing is spending the first two posts on mechanics related stuff, but this is still in RVS pretty much.

The next bit is why I can't really read kai ever. The Trump gimmick is w/e. But I don't really know what to make of the pop-ins with a couple reads with basically no explanation. Feels a bit like fluff, except he posts longer sentences/posts than fluff does. :p Some of his prods/comments are good I guess. It's what made me feel that kai could be town yesterday.

I'm not really sure how to go about reading him since he is fairly reticent. I guess his reads list is possibly a place to start:

Nothing too outrageous in the reads, and I think it makes sense for him to have opinions on people he's presumably played with the most often/recently. I think that's another reason I town-read him towards the end of D1, his reads matched (mostly) with mine.

This is a little too on the nose for him to be an EW with tom.

I can sort of follow his progression on Citrus, even if I disagree. So I guess that's a good sign. Oh he also made a ISO/case today. I can sort of see Citrus's explanation for what he dislikes, but mostly I'm interested in his opinion of Citrus voting for him.

Hmm, yeah I don't think kai is (knowingly) aligned with tom here.

Do you think there is enough consensus on Citrus or Fable that these two are obviously out of the lynch pool today?

Like we just saw the Fable wagon diffuse itself again for the second time in two days. Saw your list of people you want to lynch, what's your plan if a Citrus lynch is completely off the table?

In conclusion, I think kai would have to be a LW to be a witch. And I'm not really sure how to read Agent vs LW at all (plus I think he was town-y during D1 and D2) so I think I'm going to avoid a kai wagon for today.

Onto Vaimes!

16. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I mean, I'm not going to pretend I didn't read your post about it, but I don't really think a wolf admits he hadn't read the CFD for himself yet? Rather than say something he might have just gone and read it then come back and justified himself. It's only, like, a few dozen posts and most of them are pretty short.

As for his general play, like I said before I really hated the thing with dya.

But I'm pretty sure tom was pocketing him, not power wolfing. The way he was talking to Citrus and hard defending him, etc. I ~guess based just on this that Citrus could be a Little Witch that tom /thought/ was an Agent, but. yeah.

The thing with Beru is probably never between witches and I think Beru is a witch. Well, I ~suppose Beru could be an Elder Witch and Citrus could be a Little Witch, but I don't think Beru is an Elder Witch because saying who she thinks is an agent in the thread as an Elder is. weird.

And I haven't entirely ruled out that Fable could be a witch, which would make the conf biasing thing mean that Citrus is probably a villager. Or at the very least that Fable thought Citrus was a villager at the time he said that.

17. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Re-read kai's Citrus case today please. Is this serious kai or "shitpost central" kai?

18. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Yes, this is why he's scum.

I'm not sure how seriously to take this when you've never explained your reasoning for scumreading Jari or thinking he and Fable are aligned.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Aw fuck, just realized I'm going to have crap access all of tomorrow including through day-end because it's my long day and I get off after game Day ends

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Not very impressed by your use of the extra time mallorean, waiting on whatever will be your next substantial post

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

I'll admit I'm a little confused on the slot, because a lot of people seem to have hard changed their read from the replacing out, and I was kinda trusting some of the meta reads on Acionyx + feeling decent about him myself (such as his exchange with Fable). But the complete shift in consensus read is confusing me

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand why Kai is reading posts the way he is in this post when he's the one who made the setup.

---------- Post automerged at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Since I actually have time now thanks to the extension, I'll go do that...

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

You could have done this: mallorean_thug