1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    It would, but I also think she wouldn't say Acio low posts and replaces out as scum in the first place. It's basically pre-committing to a read (something scum don't like doing) in a way that earns her no town credit (the reason scum generally do that) and is unpredictable RE: what her Acio read is locked into later (making it even worse from a scum perspective)

On a related note, your two scummiest players appear to be Beru and the Acio slot and the above holds DOUBLY true if Beru is scum with Acioslot (i.e. why would you ever commit to lynching your buddy if they replace???). So, is it a case of "one of them flipping scum clears the other" or is there some coherent world where they're both witches?

2. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    I think the only coherent world where they're both witches is one in which Beru is a Little Witch who genuinely thought he was town and Acio is an Elder.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yeah ok cool this is more or less what I expected

I mean, it's still a risky move to lock in your future read as LW for precisely the reasons outlined so I'm not super inclined to believe that world, but this is consistent thinking.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not really sure where the scum!jari reads are coming from and I would like someone to address that.

Id also like weiyaoli to tell me why he thinks fluff is a witch here.

And uh, the longer mal doesn't post the more I want to lynch him.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    My slight scum!Jari lean is from the oddity of moving onto Vaimes after Acioslot replaced instead of moving onto me. Jari has since explained this as "I'll votehop wherever before dayend" and "dC lynch wasn't really happening" which pretty much covers it for me I think? I will have concerns if he abandons the read on me without explanation in the future though.

Agree with the other two things. Particularly since I think the last thing mal did was just votepark on Jarizok.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ditto.

Even in a scenario where Town!Mallorean replaces into a slot that's being autolynched that Day, he'd make a lot of effort to get some reads or at least some thoughts out straight through Day end.

This Mallorean, on the other hand, kinda fell off after realizing a bunch of players scum-read the slot (for good reason or bad), and the fact that he didn't mention busy times coming up make me lean towards him lurking the Day our as opposed to IRL stuff keeping him from posting.

Beruru I'm using the FoS as a second vote. If I were a double-voted, that's where my (lower priority) vote would be atm

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

This actually explains it well, but so does you being a witch, so I'll reserve my judgment for now

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Sorry guys, I thought I'd have more time yesterday than I ended up having.

So I'm still not caught up.

But I'm devoting tonight to playing, so I'll be here catching up and then posting until I have to go to sleep.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Nyah. Something something I wish I knew if #2167 would be there without #2166, but alas

Looking forward to the catch up/posts

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

On Citrus: Citrus voting me is awful. It's consistent with his previously stated readlists, but he barely even made a token effort to substantiate the vote. It's "Kai is scum because I think he made a bad argument about me" (posts #1965 / #1967). That's it.

Daily reminder to lynch citrus

On Citrus / Fable Consensus: There's a kind of inertia today where it doesn't seem like anybody is going to get lynched. Probably not helped by multiple replacements and several other people not really posting their thoughts. If they're both out of the lynch pool today for whatever reason, then that almost makes me the lynch by default? Which uh. Not impressed.

Plan: I guess Fable? But I'm still considering what's going on there.

I felt like he was more focused playing as scum in RWBY. I'm not seeing anything similar from him this game but if he wins a huge amount of his scum games (i remember reading this somewhere?) then he obviously has more depth than the relatively straight forward game he played there.

I've thought of a few more things he could be have done with the Zealot claim (as scum) so I'm not longer thinking it's a (almost) exclusively a town thing. On reflection, him saying it's similar to what he almost did in WH7 (as acolyte) is also a bit too self-aware to take it at face value.

Thanks rubicon. I'll see if I can find my essential essence of kaidash and put it on.

This might come as a surprise, but not everyone agrees with your valuation.

--

The obvious explanation for beru's acio read if she's a witch is that she didn't want to have to fake a nuanced read, so she went with lul meta.

Not that I think we should, but with no Judge in the game no lynch is probably a valid option here.

10. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

My townread on beruru is improving now that she seems to be trying to drive conversation in the thread. Combined with other reasons, I don't think she makes sense as a witch.

I still want to lynch KaiDASH.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Wow I missed pretty much nothing.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I don't want to no lynch, I want to infinitely extend the day until a replacement is found.

Do you guys, like, usually nl here.... it feels............. bad.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So yeah plan is still to always chain lynch mal and then vaimes.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Oh and if you guys decide to take the "I like to eat crayons as a hobby" path and lynch me for some ungodly reason lynch me tomorrow and not today because I know I can trust rubicon to give an accurate flip, I don't know who the undertaker is and therefore don't trust them.

14. Story Content: Newcomb subs in for Cobalt
    Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb subs in for Cobalt

You hadn't seen him for a while.

Most of the time he is just gone for a few days sleeping somewhere in a cave, but this time around he has been gone for far too long.

Evil is afoot and this behavior cannot be tolerated.

You let Slaking sleep in his cave and replace him with a more active member of the village.

Newcomb will sub in for Cobalt effective immediately.

Cobalt is asleep and reveals as Slaking:

[​IMG]

The dayphase will get extended by 48 hours because of the amount of subs within a cycle. New End Of Day is :
    Countdownclock

With 15 alive you will need 8 for softlynch and 12 for hardlynch.

Disclaimer: Pokemon were chosen before roles and alignments were rolled and are non-alignment indicative. Flavor also holds no clues and is written at the whim of a madperson.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yassssssssssssssss Newcomb

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

The irony of the slaking reveal 10/10

---------- Post automerged at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

The Day of Replacements.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Meanwhile, I have a votal as of the end of page.... one.

Give me a break, ok? I haven't used The Machine in two years. I accidentally started recording votes in the wrong field and had to delete everything when I scrolled over and the entire thing was backwards. Also, I forgot that you have to make "unvote" a person and then delete it to make it so that people who unvote don't end up with an undefined error. :(

(as of post #78)

miner (1): fluff (#2)
    citrus (1): wei (#5)
    jarizok (1): cobalt (#6)
    beruru (1): vaimes (#17)
    fable (1): dyachei (#20)
    rubi (1): kai (#63)
    kai (2): jarizok (#64), dC (#78)
    vaimes (3): miner (#18), rubi (#42), owner (#43)

Abstaining (7): mallorean_thug, beruru, citrus, fable, silver, tom

hashtag chartz hashtag votez

------------------------------------

Edit before post:

Fuck yes, Newcomb.

Slaking?

more like

slanking

lol.

---------- Post automerged at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

On SOME forums, hashtagging a number will bring you to that post.

That doesn't work on this forum, though. You have to go look for the posts yourself. Sorry.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Whoo, hi Newcomb.

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Alright full disclosure, I'm subbing in as an Emergency Replacement / favor to Jan and fonti. I don't really have the time and definitely don't have the inclination to play right now, but, community health, friends, etc.

Here's how I'm going to play this.

I need BASIC GAME INFORMATION -

- What Day is it?

- When is EoD?

- Who is alive?

- Who died and how?

- What mechanical information if any is out there and confirmed?

I need this info because I'm probably, like 90%+, not going to read the game up to this point. Just going to realtime it / read from here.

As always I'm completely unavailable from 9 AM to 5 PM PST on weekdays. Will mostly be around at night (mostly.)

So yeah you're getting, at most, 25% Newcomb in this game.

Which, let's be real, is still probably enough to do at least a couple good things.

Let's go. Bathe me in that sweet sweet info.

<insert feisty gif here>

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Day 2.
    EoD in about 24 hours.
    Everyone except dyachei and tom.
    tom CFD day1, dya NK N1.
    Rubi claimed untertaker with tom being an Elder Witch.

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    EoD is actually in 46 hours.

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Also, Newcomb.

I like this post. This is a prime post.

Can you make more prime posts?

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Also, like 5 people voted on page 2.

Here's the votal as of post 200.

citrus (1): wei (#5)
    jarizok (1): cobalt (#6)
    beruru (1): vaimes (#17)
    vaimes (1): miner (#18)
    fable (1): dyachei (#20)
    rubi (1): kai (#63)
    owner (1): fable (#122)
    kai (2): jarizok (#64), dC (#78)
    dC (3): owner (#124), fluff (#139), rubi (#164)

Abstaining (6): mallorean_thug, beruru, citrus, silver, tom

(of course, I'm going to change Cobalt to Newcomb now. hold on a sec.)