1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Flattery will get you everywhere, bears.

I'm voting for Jarizok, huh? That seems like a me thing to do.

Is that really the sub 24 hour votal?

That wagon formation never lynches a witch.

2. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Game is hard (also long).

Still not completely caught up, but having read up to post #850 on Day1, from the start of day2 to post #1756, and from my replace-in to present: here's some quick thoughts:

I trust Rubicon's claim.

I don't think I want to lynch Kai. Day2 Kai feels like town!Kai. The wagons on myself and Kai was still possibly useful though?

I'm not sure how to even approach votal analysis with the elder/little split. Like, a lot of stuff that knowingly aligned players tend to avoid doing just doesn't apply to little witches, and the witch team has a lot less organized voting power to steer counterwagons. That said, I think I still would like to try to avoid lynching anybody on the main wagon Day1:
    Like, splitting via main wagon vs off wagon gives us two pools to fish in. Do we really think that there's more scum in the 8 living players that were voting Tom or more scum in the 7 living players that were not voting Tom? Even if its even, the off-wagon pool is slightly smaller, especially after taking my slot out of it.

Awkwardly though, the only scum reads I'm really feeling so far are dC and Fable? And they're both not in my preferred fishing pool.

Like, Cobalt and jwlk/silver are complete non-entities in what I've read so far. Wei is probably spewed clear, though I have the same previous game experience with Tom-does-in-fact-buss that Silver referred to earlier. Miner has been . . . fine so far? I don't think I really have a strong impression of him besides him aggroing Vaimes and Tom. And I haven't been able to shake my negative impression of Jarizok, but I'm not sure I could make a strong enough case with what time I have to make him toDay's lynch.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Wait, votal as of post 200?

Why does that matter, exactly?

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I'm doing Machine votals and updating with the end of every page because I want to be helpful and useful by posting tons of hashtag chartz.

Also, here's the page 3(00) votes.

citrus (1): weiyaoli (#5)
    vaimes (1): miner (#18)
    rubicon (1): kaiDASH (#63)
    owner (1): fable (#122)
    tom (1): vaimes (#255)
    jarizok (2): newcomb (#6), beruru (#268)
    kaiDASH (2): jarizok (#64), dichotomousCreator (#78)
    dichotomousCreator (4): owner (#124), his fluffiness (#139), rubicon (#164), dyachei (#298)

Abstaining (5): mallorean_thug, citrus, silvercrys, tom

5. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Newcomb: I don't think anyone's moved since last official count.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

D1 mainly consisted of wagons on Beruru and Fable running up to the end of the Day. Blitz wagon at the last second led to Tom being lynched. Probably worth reading through (I realize the irony).

N1 dyachei night-killed overNight.

D2 start, Rubicon claimed gravedigger with a Elder Witch flip (role hidden) on Tom. Vote-count is as it stands, we've got like 48 hours left or so.

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

??? at bolded blue ???

7. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Wow, hi Newcomb!

I wish I had the confidence to try to play without reading the backlog. It feels way longer than I was expecting it to feel.

Its a good (or bad) thing that beruru is filling out The Machine, because I'm sure as heck not right now.

I'll probably have a moment where I'm like "Wait, let me go see what Sotek Beruru is hiding from us" or a moment like "Wait a moment, the last time Beruru promised Future Science, she let me down and let Sotek lie to her" and do it myself at that point (like overnight if you guys don't lynch me), but honestly, without a familiar setup and reliable mechanics knowledge, I'm probably better off not getting lost in votal land.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Fun mafia history: Did you know that we used to shoot Sotek n1/let Sotek deadpost because the mods would rely on Sotek's Machine votals for official recordkeeping? It was a great time. Shoutouts to 2009-2012 era mafias.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Confused undertaker and Gravedigger. vov

10. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Tom had a pretty significant D1 wagon, too, he got up to 6 votes before it was dismantled in favor of the Beru/Fable wagons.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Hi Newcomb.

You're just in time to save me.

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Oh yeah the official colour coding in votals is broken/can't remember how the feature works, but you can colour it in yourself if you want. I heard that adult colouring pages are supposed to be, like, calming or whatever.

13. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Oh, funnily enough, Citrus's description of Day1 leaves out literally all the parts of Day1 that I've read so far, because as of post #850, the real wagons are still a duel between Citrus and Tom because of an interaction including the two of them and Dyachei.

Basically, Citrus and Dyachei got in a slap fight, and then Tom's first non-shitpost, non-vote justifying content was saying that the fight was clearly V/V.

Today's orders of business seem to have been:
    1. Lynch Citrus because of the way Tom and him were defending each other (I guess some of this is from the EoD vote scramble I haven't read yet)
    2. Lynch Kai because it will Make Witchhunt Great Again. (I kind of agree with Kai's assessment that he's getting shruglynched because too many other options are replacements or mechanically off the table for toDay, or at least people are claiming they should be off the table for toDay)
    3. Lynch my slot because when Acio replaces out, he's a bored/salty witch

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I've decided I don't care about my regular reads anymore. Machine reads only, final destination.

Vote: Citrus

15. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    (oh sorry, I really thought was strikethrough. Why isn't it though?)

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[.strike]remove dots[/.strike] is strikethrough

My assumption would be it's non-default bb and is already reserved or something.

-

Other mechanical info that's almost confirmed (at least, there's no obvious lie) is Fable claimed Zealot near end of day 1 for almost no reason.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Post 400 post votes. That dc lynch. That tom lynch. Mmmmmhmm dude was already a witch back then.

Should I start colour coding dya and tom on these, or nah?

rubicon (1): kaiDASH (#63)
    kaiDASH (1): dichotomousCreator (#78)
    dyachei (1): citrus (#309)
    newcomb (1): jarizok (#340)
    vaimes (1): miner (#342)
    weiyaoli (1): tom (#374)
    citrus (2): weiyaoli (#5), dyachei (#365)
    jarizok (2): newcomb (#6), beruru (#268)
    dichotomousCreator (3): owner (#124), his fluffiness (#139), mallorean_thug (#336)
    tom (3): vaimes (#255), fable (#300), rubicon (#334)

Abstaining (2): silvercrys

18. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    @his_fluffiness

What's the best piece of evidence that Citrus is scum?

Would you consider lynching anyone else toDay?

---------- Post automerged at 00:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

oh wow, a space?
    his fluffiness

19. mallorean_thug

mallorean_thug Muggle

High Score:
    Hey Kai,

What are your thoughts on this votal?
    Are the main wagons here W/W because of early distancing gone badly, little witches, or town just nailing it?

I'd kind of like to clear Citrus as a clear Tom counterwagon, but for me, the middle option there is completely throwing off my valuation.

---------- Post automerged at 00:31 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------
    Newcomb

Are you really playing real time right now or did you dive into the backlog?

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Counterpoint: tom was hard townreading Citrus.